REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Gavin the Quitter [Re: Oakleys_N_Zinka] #2878880
11/23/18 04:09 PM
11/23/18 04:09 PM
Southern Tip, Norcal
H
heelnipstr Offline
Miki Dora status
heelnipstr  Offline
Miki Dora status
H

Southern Tip, Norcal
Originally Posted By: Oakleys_N_Zinka

Noah & the flood is pre-Jesus (different book).

Marx was driven by resentment, I don't think he would mind a bit of bloodshed.

Driven by resentment foreheadslap

If you see a Buddha in the road, ask which gender pronouns they prefer and then kill them.
Re: Gavin the Quitter [Re: heelnipstr] #2878888
11/23/18 04:33 PM
11/23/18 04:33 PM
O
Oakleys_N_Zinka Offline
Michael Peterson status
Oakleys_N_Zinka  Offline
Michael Peterson status
O

Originally Posted By: heelnipstr

Marx also referred to and supported violent revolutions, while Lenin acted it out. If you're using Lenin to illustrate the peacefulness of Marxism you are either morally incompetent or historically ignorant.

Nobody puts Bodhi in the corner.
Re: Gavin the Quitter [Re: Oakleys_N_Zinka] #2878897
11/23/18 05:19 PM
11/23/18 05:19 PM
Southern Tip, Norcal
H
heelnipstr Offline
Miki Dora status
heelnipstr  Offline
Miki Dora status
H

Southern Tip, Norcal

Marx also referred to and supported violent revolutions, while Lenin acted it out. If you're using Lenin to illustrate the peacefulness of Marxism you are either morally incompetent or historically ignorant.

Have you actually read and studied Marx, besides Wikipedia excerpts? FYI it takes a bit of work. I suggest you re-read the 1st sentence of the quote.

Just where am I using Lenin to illustrate anything? Your reading comprehension of the quote fits nicely with your understanding of Marx though.

If you see a Buddha in the road, ask which gender pronouns they prefer and then kill them.
Re: Gavin the Quitter [Re: Oakleys_N_Zinka] #2878899
11/23/18 05:26 PM
11/23/18 05:26 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Online happy
Duke status
FecalFace  Online Happy
Duke status
F

your mom
Originally Posted By: FecalFace
Originally Posted By: CharmingSophisticate
Originally Posted By: Autoprax
How weird to start something that gets out of your control.
It'd be interesting to see how Karl Marx would've reacted to the end results of his idea's.

Do you think he would have predicted the body count?

What about Jesus?

Do you think he would approve of his followers?

The body count?

Marx, like Jesus, or Alah, never propagated murder or gulags.

Except that one time Jesus drowned every single person on the planet besides Noah.

Oh Im sorry, it was Jesus' father who was a murderer. My bad.

I like how you neglect to acknowledge the slave-like treatment of the working class of the day.

Re: Gavin the Quitter [Re: heelnipstr] #2878900
11/23/18 05:28 PM
11/23/18 05:28 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Online happy
Duke status
FecalFace  Online Happy
Duke status
F

your mom
Originally Posted By: heelnipster
Have you actually read and studied Marx, besides Wikipedia excerpts? FYI it takes a bit of work. I suggest you re-read the 1st sentence of the quote.

Just where am I using Lenin to illustrate anything? Your reading comprehension of the quote fits nicely with your understanding of Marx though.

He learned everything he needs to know from James Woods' Twitter feed.

Re: Gavin the Quitter [Re: heelnipstr] #2878903
11/23/18 05:53 PM
11/23/18 05:53 PM
O
Oakleys_N_Zinka Offline
Michael Peterson status
Oakleys_N_Zinka  Offline
Michael Peterson status
O

I ve read the Communist Manifesto and lots of Kapital. Its boring stuff that examines the contradictions of capitalism a lot more than the classless utopia supposed to replace it. Ive also read all of its spinoffs: dependency theory, world systems theory, and finally Foucault & his ilks take on it via identity politics. This and enough Soviet/Chinese/Cambodian/Cuban history has led me to the conclusion that its an insufficient explanation of economic and social behavior and it inevitably pits people against each other.

Re: Gavin the Quitter [Re: Oakleys_N_Zinka] #2878911
11/23/18 07:13 PM
11/23/18 07:13 PM
Southern Tip, Norcal
H
heelnipstr Offline
Miki Dora status
heelnipstr  Offline
Miki Dora status
H

Southern Tip, Norcal
Quote:
I ve read the Communist Manifesto and lots of Kapital. Its boring stuff that examines the contradictions of capitalism a lot more than the classless utopia supposed to replace it. Ive also read all of its spinoffs: dependency theory, world systems theory, and finally Foucault & his ilks take on it via identity politics. This and enough Soviet/Chinese/Cambodian/Cuban history has led me to the conclusion that its an insufficient explanation of economic and social behavior and it inevitably pits people against each other.
____

Rather odd collection to read but... IMHO the WSL is boring, that reading is migraine inducing. Marx's stuff can be applied to a lot more than what you listed. I doubt he considered his work a 'sufficient' explanation of such a vast and complex dynamic. Finally to judge his ideas on how politicians have used them for their own goals is naive.

Why the need to demonize him? Because you think he promoted violence? You can look in any direction throughout history at people who ordered or actually carried out violence killing thousands upon thousands of people. But I guess most of them were not communist. roflmao

Re: Gavin the Quitter [Re: heelnipstr] #2878948
11/23/18 10:53 PM
11/23/18 10:53 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Online happy
Duke status
FecalFace  Online Happy
Duke status
F

your mom
As somebody who was forced to take Marxism as a mandatory subject in both highschool and college, I can attest to both how boring and how murder free Marx's teachings were.

The Bible has way more violence, murdering and intolerance in it.

Re: Gavin the Quitter [Re: FecalFace] #2879046
11/24/18 06:02 AM
11/24/18 06:02 AM
O
Oakleys_N_Zinka Offline
Michael Peterson status
Oakleys_N_Zinka  Offline
Michael Peterson status
O

Originally Posted By: FecalFace
As somebody who was forced to take Marxism as a mandatory subject in both highschool and college, I can attest to both how boring and how murder free Marx's teachings were.

The Bible has way more violence, murdering and intolerance in it.

Yep, Marx had a utopian vision that didnt account for when things went wrong. Just look what happens when people act his vision out (repeatedly and across cultures) and its really all you need to know. The Bible is at least more realistic in that sense (what a weird thing to say about the Bible lol).

Re: Gavin the Quitter [Re: Oakleys_N_Zinka] #2879048
11/24/18 06:15 AM
11/24/18 06:15 AM
your mom
F
FecalFace Online happy
Duke status
FecalFace  Online Happy
Duke status
F

your mom
Back to your original statement, to imply that Marx propagated violence, murder and gulags is disingenuous.

I don't blame Ayn Rand for this:

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32