REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2880655 - 11/28/18 11:51 AM Re: Spring time in Cabo? [Re: Autoprax]
Duffy Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Your mom’s house
Originally Posted By: Autoprax
Amused by the touristy nature of the place.

My impulse is to get irritated by it.

I have to mood regulate.

But it can be done.

Too bad you don't drink no more.

That really helps me.

I’ve been there before. I sort of lived in the marina for 3 months and making trips to the Revillagigedos to photograph mantas sharks, dolphins, etc.

But that was 1996. We shot film, drank Modelo out of the can and hose water from the marina, and we smoked El Faros.

- The Wasp

#2880659 - 11/28/18 11:55 AM Re: Spring time in Cabo? [Re: Duffy]
Duffy Offline
Phil Edwards status

Driving the boat back home at the end of January sucked.

- The Wasp

#2880701 - 11/28/18 02:02 PM Re: Spring time in Cabo? [Re: Duffy]
Surfdog Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: Oceanside,CA
Cabo has changed a lot in the last 15 years.

We saw the Palms Springs-by-the-Sea aspect coming, and it's as bad or worse now. So much development outside of town now, it amazing.

Go out to the east cape or up the west side to surf, and just party in Cabo at night and call it a trip.

The good ol' days of cheap and dirty Cabo are gone.

#2881433 - 11/29/18 11:54 PM Re: Spring time in Cabo? [Re: Surfdog]
sizzld1 Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Here
Originally Posted By: Surfdog

We saw the Palms Springs-by-the-Sea aspect coming, and it's as bad or worse now. So much development outside of town now, it amazing.

Go out to the east cape or up the west side to surf, and just party in Cabo at night and call it a trip.

Nailed it. hat

#2881480 - 11/30/18 08:34 AM Re: Spring time in Cabo? [Re: Surfdog]
Duffy Offline
Phil Edwards status

Originally Posted By: Surfdog

Yes I’m aware of all this. We won’t really be surfing in CSL proper. We don’t even have a place yet so not really sure where we’re staying.

Like I said, some friends invited me and it sounded like fun. I haven’t been on a surf trip with “just the boys” in 25 years.

It’s either been with the wife, which is great but the surfing part is, well, just a part (wife surfs but, unlike me she likes to other stuff too) or solo.

As for partying...not my thing. Do they still have donkey shows?

And what about the waves? Is the surf there any good? Crowded? Packed with “locals” from Texas?

Edited by Duffy (11/30/18 08:35 AM)

- The Wasp

#2881761 - 11/30/18 03:38 PM Re: Spring time in Cabo? [Re: Duffy]
grg Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Tuna Town/Baja
NO, waves suck foreheadslap

#2881850 - 11/30/18 08:43 PM Re: Spring time in Cabo? [Re: grg]
Duffy Offline
Phil Edwards status

Originally Posted By: grg
NO, waves suck foreheadslap

For reals?

- The Wasp

#2882397 - 12/02/18 07:09 PM Re: Spring time in Cabo? [Re: Duffy]
Gordon Gekko Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Loc: East of Eden/Bahamas
Monuments, Zippers etc. are fine. Most of the locals are friendly. I'm assuming if you act like turd you might have issues. San Jose Del Cabo is much better than Cabo proper. Wine walk on Thursday nights at San Jose Del Cabo are fun. Drive over to Todos Santos and have lunch and surf the Todos/Cerritos area. Sample some Mezcal.

#2882406 - 12/02/18 07:33 PM Re: Spring time in Cabo? [Re: Gordon Gekko]
Duffy Offline
Phil Edwards status

Originally Posted By: Gordon Gekko
Monuments, Zippers etc. are fine. Most of the locals are friendly. I'm assuming if you act like turd you might have issues. San Jose Del Cabo is much better than Cabo proper. Wine walk on Thursday nights at San Jose Del Cabo are fun. Drive over to Todos Santos and have lunch and surf the Todos/Cerritos area. Sample some Mezcal.

Thanks for the info. We’ll a driver so we can pretty much go wherever we want whenever we want.

I don’t drink but the guys I’m going with do. I’ll pass on the info about that to them...

- The Wasp

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32