REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: North Shore first timer. [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2873660
11/10/18 02:21 AM
11/10/18 02:21 AM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Online content
Duke status
Autoprax  Online Content
Duke status
A

Vagina Point
Have fun!

We all know what we hate.

We just don't know what we want.

Re: North Shore first timer. [Re: Racer1] #2873772
11/10/18 02:46 PM
11/10/18 02:46 PM
S
StinkinHippie Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
StinkinHippie  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
S

Originally Posted By: Racer1
Originally Posted By: acnjusa
I regularly surf with just my friends all over the North Shore. Vland, Pipe, OTW, Rockies, Sunset, and any other spot you can see from the road will have crowds, but there's so many other spots that are still really fun with small crowds or mellow regulars. One of my favorite spots is within eye sight of Vland, but is almost always empty. Like I'm the only guy surfing it every time.

backyards?
watch out for the outside set.....

It's not backyards as I'm usually by myself. I don't want to give it away, but everybody can see it and unless you paddle over to it, you'd never know how fun it is.

My first trip there in March 2008 was my best. All west swells and offshore winds at yards every morning. Anywhere from head high to double overhead. The best advice I did not take was dont go right. You will pay. Boy did I.

Re: North Shore first timer. [Re: StinkinHippie] #2873774
11/10/18 02:51 PM
11/10/18 02:51 PM
Palm Coast , Florida
G
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status
Greg Griffin  Offline
Duke status
G

Palm Coast , Florida
When the swell is super west something magical happens to the rights wave2

Re: North Shore first timer. [Re: StinkinHippie] #2873846
11/10/18 07:20 PM
11/10/18 07:20 PM
Honolulu, Hawaii
R
Racer1 Offline
Phil Edwards status
Racer1  Offline
Phil Edwards status
R

Honolulu, Hawaii
Originally Posted By: StinkinHippie
Originally Posted By: acnjusa
I regularly surf with just my friends all over the North Shore. Vland, Pipe, OTW, Rockies, Sunset, and any other spot you can see from the road will have crowds, but there's so many other spots that are still really fun with small crowds or mellow regulars. One of my favorite spots is within eye sight of Vland, but is almost always empty. Like I'm the only guy surfing it every time.

backyards?
watch out for the outside set.....

It's not backyards as I'm usually by myself. I don't want to give it away, but everybody can see it and unless you paddle over to it, you'd never know how fun it is.

My first trip there in March 2008 was my best. All west swells and offshore winds at yards every morning. Anywhere from head high to double overhead. The best advice I did not take was dont go right. You will pay. Boy did I.

Feels so hopeless when you're trapped in there.

Re: North Shore first timer. [Re: Racer1] #2873887
11/10/18 10:05 PM
11/10/18 10:05 PM
Palm Coast , Florida
G
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status
Greg Griffin  Offline
Duke status
G

Palm Coast , Florida
Lefts are at the northern end

Some from the middle

We mostly took off on what we called the "corner" the very shallow area just Sunset side of the middle peak .

Rode the rights 99.9% of the time .

Re: North Shore first timer. [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2874631
11/13/18 08:41 AM
11/13/18 08:41 AM
C
craigj532 Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status
craigj532  Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status
C

Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta
I'm really not looking forward to going.

The whole thing just sounds stressful.

Between the crowds, the currents, and the crowds.

Also too many spots. I would imagine most of the spots are not easy to dial in.

I was thinking to just surf V-land but it looks pretty boring after the barrel.

Is there any rotation at these spots or is it just a free for all like the rest of the USA?

I dont know what or where you want to surf. Ive got all weird surf craft, but Id be happy to lend any of them to you. 62 thick seventies style single; 74 Lovelace re:bowls; 57 Morgan 74 twin fin; 58 MBLV three fin.

If you want to get real weird, I got plenty swim fins, handboards, Surfmats, and paipos

If you have any desire to try these really fooking fun surf crafts out and do unserious stuff in serious surf, let me know. I will hook you up (you break you buy) and i am more than happy to surf with anyone.

If you see a skinny white dude with a gray beard and tattoos in a springsuit bodysurfing or riding a mat, say hello. They aint many of us around.

DM Me as time grows nearer if you want to borrow something or just like surf

[P]ower and privilege cannot move a people who know where they stand and stand in the law.
Re: North Shore first timer. [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2876923
11/18/18 06:45 AM
11/18/18 06:45 AM
G
goingout Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
goingout  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
G

Just come over in Feb. and find a spot you want to ride, make friends with some of the regulars at that spot and make sure you have the right size board, just watch them a bit and if they ride well, just copy what they do.

Make sure you get a proper Sunset board and paddle out there on a good day, about 6'-10' (Haw.),
ease you way into the line-up and if one comes your way, take-off and go for it, whatever happens
after that is no matter, either way it goes, you will be a changed person.....

Don't over think the waves, just carefully observe the surf from the shore and then hit it and surf it
like you have done it before, just keep in mind the waves might have a bit more punch to them, so
remember to be quick on your feet and be ready for a good thrashing from time to time....

I am goingoutside now, you never know this Feb,could have a bunch of NW swells w/ light SE winds

Re: North Shore first timer. [Re: goingout] #2877641
11/20/18 02:30 AM
11/20/18 02:30 AM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Online content
Duke status
Autoprax  Online Content
Duke status
A

Vagina Point
Originally Posted By: goingout
Just come over in Feb. and find a spot you want to ride, make friends with some of the regulars at that spot and make sure you have the right size board, just watch them a bit and if they ride well, just copy what they do.

Make sure you get a proper Sunset board and paddle out there on a good day, about 6'-10' (Haw.),
ease you way into the line-up and if one comes your way, take-off and go for it, whatever happens
after that is no matter, either way it goes, you will be a changed person.....

Don't over think the waves, just carefully observe the surf from the shore and then hit it and surf it
like you have done it before, just keep in mind the waves might have a bit more punch to them, so
remember to be quick on your feet and be ready for a good thrashing from time to time....

I am goingoutside now, you never know this Feb,could have a bunch of NW swells w/ light SE winds

Good post!

We all know what we hate.

We just don't know what we want.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32