REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2875269 - 11/14/18 03:05 PM Re: San Francisco this weekend [Re: VaB]
heelnipstr Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Southern Tip, Norcal
The OBSF table is set and the boyz are ready.

#2875929 - 11/15/18 06:12 PM Re: San Francisco this weekend [Re: VaB]
Racer1 Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Heading to OB to meet up with Peepee for a surf. Hes Got a wetsuit and board for me. Cams look good, air quality not so much.

#2875951 - 11/15/18 07:35 PM Re: San Francisco this weekend [Re: Racer1]
Mr Doof Offline
Duke status

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Welcome to California, now suffer.

"At 1 p.m. Thursday, San Francisco had among the most polluted air in the region, with an air quality index reading of 211. The index in San Jose was 182, 174 in San Rafael and 198 in Oakland; these readings are in the "unhealthy" range. "Good" air quality falls in the 0 to 50 range."

#2875968 - 11/15/18 07:56 PM Re: San Francisco this weekend [Re: VaB]
Racer1 Offline
Phil Edwards status

That was abusive and maddening, but also rewarding. Lost peepee in the first 5min. Ducking with a hood sucks. Took me 20min to get out the back. Picked off a nice left right away, barely avoided getting caught inside again. Spent the next 40min chasing peaks up and down the beach, narrowly avoiding disaster and triump simultaneously. Finally gave up and just enjoyed the blood red sun and of course a beautiful right comes to me. Long steep wall all the way through to the inside bar. Kicked out and got abused. I dont know how you guys surf here regularly - Im exhausted.

Thanks Peepee for the 5/4, booties and 72 it was fun!

#2876009 - 11/15/18 09:30 PM Re: San Francisco this weekend [Re: Racer1]
heelnipstr Offline
Miki Dora status

Originally Posted By: Racer1
That was abusive and maddening, but also rewarding. Lost peepee in the first 5min. Ducking with a hood sucks. Took me 20min to get out the back. Picked off a nice left right away, barely avoided getting caught inside again. Spent the next 40min chasing peaks up and down the beach, narrowly avoiding disaster and triump simultaneously. Finally gave up and just enjoyed the blood red sun and of course a beautiful right comes to me. Long steep wall all the way through to the inside bar. Kicked out and got abused. I dont know how you guys surf here regularly - Im exhausted.

sounds like a typical outing shrug

#2876013 - 11/15/18 09:38 PM Re: San Francisco this weekend [Re: VaB]
Racer1 Offline
Phil Edwards status

I imagine duckdiving with a hood on is what it sounds like to drown?

Also a giant seal popped up near me and my pepis went inverted.

#2876014 - 11/15/18 09:48 PM Re: San Francisco this weekend [Re: Racer1]
pee_pee Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

jam_on good surfing with you!

#2876249 - 11/16/18 01:33 PM Re: San Francisco this weekend [Re: heelnipstr]
Mr Doof Offline
Duke status

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted By: heelnipstr

sounds like a typical outing shrug

Thanks for the surf report!

Sounds like a good session to me. wave2

Typical to me is looking at the ocean and crinkling my eyes to keep the sand (that is being blown in my face) out.

But now I am curious....you've surfed in vog conditions and now wildfire smoke. Which is worse?

#2876267 - 11/16/18 01:57 PM Re: San Francisco this weekend [Re: VaB]
heelnipstr Offline
Miki Dora status

I looked and looked and wanted it today. Two days ago when the air wasn't half this bad after an hr in the water I had a hard time breathing and went in. Today with the smokey air and decent paddle needed I walked the walk of shame home.

Tomorrow is forecast for better air smile

#2876299 - 11/16/18 02:35 PM Re: San Francisco this weekend [Re: VaB]
Racer1 Offline
Phil Edwards status

Lets shred tomorrow!

#2876332 - 11/16/18 03:12 PM Re: San Francisco this weekend [Re: VaB]
Hdip Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Malibu, CA
Those 2 surf report posts are the best I've read on here in a long time. Go get some more Racer1 I want to read more about it.

I watched the cam a bit yesterday and a bit today. How does OB compare to the size you're used to in Hawaii? I notice in your report, you weren't riding a fling haha.

#2876571 - 11/17/18 09:41 AM Re: San Francisco this weekend [Re: Hdip]
bluengreen Offline
Grom

Loc: SF x Encinitas

Edited by bluengreen (11/17/18 09:41 AM)

#2876590 - 11/17/18 10:30 AM Re: San Francisco this weekend [Re: VaB]
Racer1 Offline
Phil Edwards status

DOOF nice enough to come pick me up. Just got to the beach. Waves look fun!

#2877347 - 11/19/18 11:59 AM Re: San Francisco this weekend [Re: VaB]
Racer1 Offline
Phil Edwards status

Headed down to meet with heelnipstr whos gonna loan me a board. Stocked to be surfing 3x this trip (Shaka emoji)

#2877349 - 11/19/18 12:06 PM Re: San Francisco this weekend [Re: VaB]
heelnipstr Offline
Miki Dora status

Luckily the videographers, cheerleader squad are waiting on stand-by for the call. shaka Unfortunately spring suit bootie gloves man is not expected to show,

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32