REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12
View All Topics Index
#2872913 - 11/08/18 05:43 PM Re: CNN Should Fire Acosta. [Re: manbearpig]
GromsDad Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: 600 yards from the surf.
Originally Posted By: manbearpig
Originally Posted By: GromsDad
Originally Posted By: sizzld1

How should reporters react when the President of the United States refuses to answer straight-forward questions and acts like a petulant child? What is the proper protocol?

You seem to be defending sending in a reporter who is an even bigger petulant child.

Like I've been saying all along. Hard questions aren't the issue. Its the disrespect and rudeness. If the press wants to be taken seriously they should act with a certain level of decorum, shouldn't they?

But all that is ok in regards to trump?

Do you recognize the irony in your position at all?

Do you in yours?

#2872914 - 11/08/18 05:45 PM Re: CNN Should Fire Acosta. [Re: GromsDad]
sizzld1 Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Here

How should reporters react when the President of the United States refuses to answer straight-forward questions and acts like a petulant child? What is the proper protocol?

You seem to be defending sending in a reporter who is an even bigger petulant child.

Like I've been saying all along. Hard questions aren't the issue. Its the disrespect and rudeness. If the press wants to be taken seriously they should act with a certain level of decorum, shouldn't they?

That assumes the President is acting with a certain amount of decorum. If Trump wants to be rude and disrespectful, he should expect a certain level of the same in return. But again, watch the video. Who makes the first move in terms of rude behavior? Should Acosta have just smiled and sat down as soon as Trump starts berating him for no apparent reason? Answer the second part of the post you quoted above. I dare you. pokestick

I suggest you go back and watch again. Acosta's turn was over. Acosta took the whole briefing off the rails after it had been pretty calm until that point.

You are seriously delusional. I just reposted the video above. Watch it. You tell me how many questions Acosta has asked when Trump starts acting like a spoiled bratt. I'll give you a hint, it's less than one and the only response he gives to Acosta's actual question was essentially "because I say so." Any journalist that allows an answer like that to stand without follow-up is not doing their job.

Edited by sizzld1 (11/08/18 05:49 PM)

#2872918 - 11/08/18 05:48 PM Re: CNN Should Fire Acosta. [Re: casa_mugrienta]
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status

Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta
BBC hits the nail on the head:

https://www.bbc.com/news/46147166

That's a fair take.

Both sides are being assholes.

Then let's fire Acosta AND Trump and call it a day?

#2872921 - 11/08/18 05:50 PM Re: CNN Should Fire Acosta. [Re: GromsDad]
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: in the bathroom

Do you in yours?

What position am I taking?

Seriously, youre such a puppet you cant even answer the question.

#2872922 - 11/08/18 05:52 PM Re: CNN Should Fire Acosta. [Re: manbearpig]
GromsDad Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: 600 yards from the surf.

Do you in yours?

What position am I taking?

Seriously, youre such a puppet you cant even answer the question.

That you're on here defending a reporter who was acting like a 3 year old. You don't see the irony in that?

#2872926 - 11/08/18 05:56 PM Re: CNN Should Fire Acosta. [Re: rice]
obslop Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: san diego, CA
Originally Posted By: rice
Its the disrespect and rudeness.

certain level of decorum, shouldn't they?

roflmao

You're killing me today! roflmao

just watched that video.

trump is 110% WEAK. cannot handle basic questions from the press.

#2872942 - 11/08/18 06:08 PM Re: CNN Should Fire Acosta. [Re: GromsDad]
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: in the bathroom

That you're on here defending a reporter who was acting like a 3 year old. You don't see the irony in that?

Not quite defending Acosta. But I never put it past you to ignore truth, it is your mantra after all.

You do realize you are adamantly defending a politician who has been acting like a spoiled three year old right?

#2872945 - 11/08/18 06:10 PM Re: CNN Should Fire Acosta. [Re: GromsDad]
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status

Grommy, I proposed that both sides are wrong and BOTH should be fired. Seem fair? Bring back civility!

#2872946 - 11/08/18 06:11 PM Re: CNN Should Fire Acosta. [Re: obslop]
rice Offline
Duke status

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: obslop

trump is 110% WEAK. cannot handle basic questions from the press.

This.

Being stupid doesn't help, either, I'm sure. Hard to answer questions when your brain is mush.

Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32