REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2898998 - 01/16/19 01:16 AM Re: Best foil for you. [Re: gregfoil]
Hdip Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Malibu, CA
Wrote the guys at mackite about the used delta mega surf they seem to have up regularly (it's their 3rd one) They said the Naish fuselage's can typically be bent back. I might give it to my friend who works in a machine shop to see if he can get it back perfect.

I guess that's why the fuselage was the major change on the newer Naish foils.

#2899273 - 01/16/19 02:27 PM Re: Best foil for you. [Re: Hdip]
Hdip Offline
Michael Peterson status

Mackite response comparing the GoFoil Iwa to the Delta Mega Surf.

Gofoil is a bit more durable, Delta is lighter, noticeably lighter.
Delta has some special order wings available, Gofoil has a whole lineup of wings to choose from on hand.
Delta is thinner and has a higher top speed, also requires a bit more speed for sustained glide. Iwa has more lift, will rise sooner and lower speed for sustained glide.
Delta is a bit more agile and responsive, Iwa is quite stable and requires more input for maneuvers.

#2899576 - 01/16/19 10:00 PM Re: Best foil for you. [Re: Hdip]
Steamroller Offline
Billy Hamilton status

Loc: 48U - Green River, WY
geta GoFil..cant lose.

#2903979 - 01/25/19 06:07 PM Re: Best foil for you. [Re: Hdip]
grendel95 Online   content
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: SJC
Mackiteboarding.com has quite a few demos for sale from Delta, Lift and Slingshot.

I would've jumped on one, but I got a good deal on the Naish XL wing set off CL.

#2903992 - 01/25/19 06:18 PM Re: Best foil for you. [Re: grendel95]
Hdip Offline
Michael Peterson status

ooohhhh tell me how that XL works for you? I've had so much fun at high tide beachbreak the last couple days. Only made one 2 for 1 though so that XL wing tempts me.

Edit: Wow a delta mega surf for $1100. That's a good deal. Very tempting.

http://www.mackiteboarding.com/2018-delta-mega-surf-foil-set-used/

#2904020 - 01/25/19 06:47 PM Re: Best foil for you. [Re: Hdip]
keoki Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Here's another good deal, clearing out 18 models

Ke Nalu Foils

#2904036 - 01/25/19 07:15 PM Re: Best foil for you. [Re: keoki]
Hdip Offline
Michael Peterson status

I saw that last night too. They look interesting. If you're going that route you might as well look at gongfoils. Something like $500 shipped to your door. Shipping is supposed to be $100.

Click for GongFoilShop

#2904099 - 01/25/19 09:29 PM Re: Best foil for you. [Re: Hdip]
Clamsmasha Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: Nar
Gong looks good as the new xl kenalu doesnt fit the old fuse.

#2904108 - 01/25/19 10:22 PM Re: Best foil for you. [Re: Clamsmasha]
Kaser1 Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status

Loc: Foiltown , Hawai'i
Word down at Ka'a this morning, Go Foil RnD'ing new wing profiles, supposed to be thinner/faster and keep lift. Interested to see, cause those Signature wings are getting alot of attention here.

#2904434 - 01/27/19 12:22 AM Re: Best foil for you. [Re: grendel95]
Hdip Offline
Michael Peterson status

Originally Posted By: grendel95
but I got a good deal on the Naish XL wing set off CL.

Quote from seabreeze SUP foil section.

For Naish Thrust wings, I recommend riding the Medium and Large neutral until you are competent. The XL and XXL like to be at least 1mm of positive (trailing edge up) trim and possibly up to 2 or 3mm depending on the conditions and level of skill of the rider.

#2904964 - 01/28/19 02:59 PM Re: Best foil for you. [Re: Kaser1]
gregfoil Offline
Grom

Originally Posted By: Kaser1
Word down at Ka'a this morning, Go Foil RnD'ing new wing profiles, supposed to be thinner/faster and keep lift. Interested to see, cause those Signature wings are getting alot of attention here.

Have you tried the Signature ? The only thing about those is the one piece wing/fuselage, it makes it expensive to get a quiver and hard to travel with.

#2905053 - 01/28/19 05:33 PM Re: Best foil for you. [Re: gregfoil]
Kaser1 Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status

Loc: Foiltown , Hawai'i
Originally Posted By: gregfoil
Originally Posted By: Kaser1

Have you tried the Signature ? The only thing about those is the one piece wing/fuselage, it makes it expensive to get a quiver and hard to travel with.

havent' yet. one of the kids here has one i can try though. fondled an Armstrong this morning looked good. In between kai and iwa size. shorter chord, thinner wing, same over all curve/bend as go foil but exaggerated at the tip.

#2905061 - 01/28/19 05:58 PM Re: Best foil for you. [Re: Kaser1]
Hdip Offline
Michael Peterson status

Is that @Foiltheworld 's setup? He went on a plane somewhere and had 4 wings with him. Which wing was it? the 1600 I'm guessing if it's close to the Iwa in size.

Edit: I'll guess it was foiltheworlds setup, since you're in his instagram stories haha. He has a snapped fuselage in his stories too. I can't really tell what brand it is from the shot though. Not an armstrong though as he typed "no titanium".

#2905092 - 01/28/19 07:01 PM Re: Best foil for you. [Re: Hdip]
sizzld1 Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Here
Too lazy to find and embed it, but check out Clout's insta (@gerogeclout) today for a nice video of a full yard sale in action.

Btw, I finally pulled the trigger on some gear. New Naish foil large and KT "Drifter Pro" foil board at 5'5''. Have only had the chance to get in the water for a few "flights"....although to be honest the more accurate description would be a few flails. There were a few waves I starting to feel the connection on though and it definitely gets easier/better every time out.

I look like the world's ultimate kook, but who cares. The fun factor and the buzz from learning something new are through the roof!! If you see a goofy looking middle-aged white boy flailing around the Malibu area come say hi and give me a heckle! wave2

#2905096 - 01/28/19 07:18 PM Re: Best foil for you. [Re: sizzld1]
Hdip Offline
Michael Peterson status

Here's one Clout makes.

Here's the yardsale. The comments he offers a reward if you find his foil.

I'm surprised at that as I've hit sandbars a bunch and seen the real water sports guys testing out the foilmount stick on baseplate by ramming into sandbars and no issue. I wonder if it's because he uses the 200 in waves which GoFoil doesn't recommend from what I've read.

Where in the Malibu area sizzld1? PM me if you want to meet up sometime.

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >