REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2871586 - 11/06/18 07:09 PM Re: Flu Shot [Re: acnjusa]
MBfreek Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Loc: crunchy SoCal beachbreak
You couldn't PAY me to skip the flu shot. If you get actual influenza A or B (or worst-case-scenario) both
you are going to be mighty sick.

A severe cold is not the flu.
Human metapneumovirus is not the flu, although it would fool you.

People do not die from the flu shot.
People do die from influenza.

#2871736 - 11/07/18 08:02 AM Re: Flu Shot [Re: acnjusa]
SurfDoc Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: ex-pat Huntington Beach
Get the shot. Every year. End of story line...

#2878853 - 11/23/18 09:48 AM Re: Flu Shot [Re: SurfDoc]
acnjusa Offline
Michael Peterson status

Originally Posted By: SurfDoc
Get the shot. Every year. End of story line...

i did.
so far so good.

#2888125 - 12/16/18 06:24 PM Re: Flu Shot [Re: casa_mugrienta]
StinkinHippie Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

I get the flu shot every year. Work hounds people who pass on the shot since they administer right in our building. I still got the flu last year so bad.

A friend of mine had always passed on the shot. And the H1N1 scared him and his family years back. They were making plans to get the shot and his daughter came down with H1N1. It nearly killed her and she is handicapped for the rest of her life. In a wheelchair, no hope of a real life, requires 24 hour care.

That makes me get the flu shot.

#2888128 - 12/16/18 06:35 PM Re: Flu Shot [Re: StinkinHippie]
VaB Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Virginia Beach, VA
Originally Posted By: StinkinHippie
I It nearly killed her .

What can you say to that? words fail.

#2888191 - 12/16/18 10:20 PM Re: Flu Shot [Re: acnjusa]
john4surf Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: CBS, CA
My daughter (school teacher) and her husband took my two granddaughters for their flu shots to a preferred (by their Blue Cross Anthem) health insurance provider) clinic. The family pays approximately $500/month health insurance premiums.

The clinic staff refused to inoculate the girls and stated the clinic was limiting the flu shot inventory for people who couldn't afford insurance.

Needless to say, the clinic and Blue Cross Anthem will lose the families membership.

Such bvll sh!t

#2888249 - 12/17/18 09:15 AM Re: Flu Shot [Re: john4surf]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

Loc: Kek Point
Originally Posted By: john4surf

The clinic staff refused to inoculate the girls and stated the clinic was limiting the flu shot inventory for people who couldn't afford insurance.

How thoughtful. socrazy

"Lots of trigger points up the pooper.
If they are causing the problem, realeasing them will help
I tried to talk my PT into doing it." -Autoprax

#2888362 - 12/17/18 12:57 PM Re: Flu Shot [Re: john4surf]
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status

Originally Posted By: john4surf
My daughter (school teacher) and her husband took my two granddaughters for their flu shots to a preferred (by their Blue Cross Anthem) health insurance provider) clinic. The family pays approximately $500/month health insurance premiums.

Needless to say, the clinic and Blue Cross Anthem will lose the families membership.

Such bvll sh!t

What does that even mean? Just go to Rite-Aid or any other drug store and get it. Spend 2 minutes calling ahead to make sure they have it.

#2888533 - 12/17/18 06:08 PM Re: Flu Shot [Re: acnjusa]
Autoprax Offline
Duke status

Loc: Vagina Point
I got mine today. I normally don't but I'm going to Asia and who wants the flu while he trying to chase young Asian women around ticking them?

#2889532 - 12/20/18 07:07 AM Re: Flu Shot [Re: acnjusa]
GromsDad Offline
Duke status

Loc: West of the Atlantic. East of...
I've never had one. I've gotten what might have been the flu a few times in my adult life and just figured it was part of life. Few days of fever and one to two weeks of feeling like poo. No telling if the shot would have prevented it. Every time it was because co-workers came to work sick and spread the joy.
This is a bad day for the news media. Lets not kid ourselves, Toobin said on CNN. The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and theyre willing to lie to do it.

#2889597 - 12/20/18 10:59 AM Re: Flu Shot [Re: acnjusa]
sd_101 Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: around san diego
Got the shot this year. Lots of international air travel. Not so easy to deal with the flu when you cant afford the time away, or get it while away.

Have skipped some years. No reason other than I forgot or felt too late in the season to care.

Not dead yet.

#2890461 - 12/22/18 06:40 PM Re: Flu Shot [Re: john4surf]
SrPato Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: San Buena Ventura
I had Anthem Blue Cross as well but they just told me to go to Rite Aid or CVS and get a shot. Fully covered. I now have Blue Shield but the result is the same. It's much easier to get the shot at a pharmacy than it is to schedule an appointment with my Dr., who by the way, is always out when I call.

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack
off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

#2892117 - 12/29/18 04:02 PM Re: Flu Shot [Re: acnjusa]
noone Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Loc: HI
Just get the shot and move on. If everyone would get the darn shot there would be less chance of people getting the flu. The only people who think they feel sick from receiving the shot are hypochondriacs. You don't get sick from getting the shot, it's a myth. The shot is not a 100% sure way of not catching the flu, but at least it helps. Especially if you use mass transit at all.

#2895393 - 01/08/19 05:34 AM Re: Flu Shot [Re: noone]
acnjusa Offline
Michael Peterson status

Originally Posted By: noone
Especially if you use mass transit at all.

The last time i got REALLY sick was about 2 hours after i passed through (PHL) the airport.

#2895456 - 01/08/19 10:25 AM Re: Flu Shot [Re: acnjusa]
rts265 Offline
Miki Dora status

Originally Posted By: acnjusa
Originally Posted By: noone
Especially if you use mass transit at all.

The last time i got REALLY sick was about 2 hours after i passed through (PHL) the airport.

I don't like to be around people who recently traveled, especially with 2 kids 3, and 9 months. Over the holidays there was a cousin who flew in from asia. Yeah, tried to keep my distance.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32