REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2867828 - 10/29/18 09:54 PM Tahiti in August????
thekadvang Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Loc: i think we're central
Planning my honeymoon for next summer and for sure going to Tahiti. 100% planning to bring a board and surf, but hopefully in a fashion that doesn't ruin my new marriage.

Planning to try and do the super bougie resort thing for at least a couple nights, so the surf portion of the trip can (needs) to be more budget -- but if both can be combined that's rad too.

Any info on islands / places to stay is much appreciated!

#2869652 - 11/02/18 12:58 AM Re: Tahiti in August???? [Re: thekadvang]
Eimeo Offline
Grom

Loc: Encinitas
What island(s) are you going to? If you are staying on Tahiti, plenty of spots to surf without long channel paddles. If you go to the other islands, you will generally be paddling super long, deep, swift current moving channels to get to any waves, I would not recommend doing that alone necessarily.

#2870227 - 11/02/18 10:12 PM Re: Tahiti in August???? [Re: thekadvang]
retodd Offline
Duke status

Paparra is the easiest spot to surf without a boat

And also the Spartans home spot , good times

If it's crowded with locals just sit away from them

Weekend crowds are brutal but weekday / mid day is way mellow

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32