REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
Re: POLL: How many of you believe Earth is not flat? [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2864143
10/23/18 02:12 PM
10/23/18 02:12 PM
B
Bohter Offline
Michael Peterson status
Bohter  Offline
Michael Peterson status
B

Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta
BOHTER DON'T SURF

So Casa.....care to tell us how this proves we live on a spinning ball covered with 70%+ water? If we plot swell angles on a AE map projection....which is what most FEers believe is the most representative.....does it still work? Try it and get back to us.

The azimuthal equidistant projection is an azimuthal map projection. It has the useful properties that all points on the map are at proportionately correct distances from the center point, and that all points on the map are at the correct azimuth (direction) from the center point.

Hey Talks Cheap.... applause2 How long have you been looking into this?

Living is easy with eyes closed...Misunderstanding all you see. The Beatles
I know you've deceived me now here's a surprise...I know that you have because there's magic in my eyes. I can see for miles and miles... The Who
Nature abhors a vacuum....except when earth's pressure system is next to the vacuum of space.....then they coexist...unnaturally.
Re: POLL: How many of you believe Earth is not flat? [Re: keenfish] #2864144
10/23/18 02:14 PM
10/23/18 02:14 PM
B
Bohter Offline
Michael Peterson status
Bohter  Offline
Michael Peterson status
B

Originally Posted By: keenfish
I'm flying to Cincinnati Ohio tomorrow morning via St. Paul Minnesota and returning via Atlanta.

Not happy. Wish we could have set this up in a straight line to and from with no other stops.

Did you see & take any photos of the curve Keen?

I know you've deceived me now here's a surprise...I know that you have because there's magic in my eyes. I can see for miles and miles... The Who
Nature abhors a vacuum....except when earth's pressure system is next to the vacuum of space.....then they coexist...unnaturally.
Re: POLL: How many of you believe Earth is not flat? [Re: TalksCheap] #2864146
10/23/18 02:18 PM
10/23/18 02:18 PM
B
Bohter Offline
Michael Peterson status
Bohter  Offline
Michael Peterson status
B

Originally Posted By: TalksCheap
Originally Posted By: sizzld1
Bohter, assuming claims regarding the size and spherical shape of the Earth are true, how much do think the Earth curves per mile? Based on some of your earlier observations regarding what you are/are not able to see at a distance, I'm thinking your numbers may be a bit (read: wildly) off. shrug

Your Point Reyes from OB claims are a good example. Point Reyes is about 20 miles from OB as a crow flies. The lighthouse there is about 35 feet tall and sits on a headland about 300 feet above the Pacific (according to a quick google search). From another quick google search, it seems Globers believe that the earth curves approximately 8-inches per mile. In other words, about 15 feet over a span of twenty miles. So yes, the lighthouse can be seen from OB absent fog or other atmospheric conditions obscuring it. Where are you getting your numbers when claiming there should be more than 400 feet of curve in a twenty-mile span? Better yet, where does this claim come from: "Hidden height at 31 miles from 25 ft camera height is just over 400'." shrug

Your formula is off... It's 8" per mile Squared. 8" x 20 miles (squared) is 8 x 20 x 20.. That's 3200 inches... divided by 12 = 266.6 feet

....but will Sizzld1 own up to his mistake and openly admit he was wrong and that he learned something new from a Flat Earther?

Notice to Globe believers.....it is likely that most FEers know more about the globe / heliocentric model than you do...

Re: POLL: How many of you believe Earth is not flat? [Re: Bohter] #2864184
10/23/18 03:40 PM
10/23/18 03:40 PM
T
TalksCheap Offline
Grom
TalksCheap  Offline
Grom
T

Originally Posted By: Bohter
Hey Talks Cheap.... applause2 How long have you been looking into this?

I've been looking into it for about 3 years... the first year started when one of my good buddies came to me and told me he believed it. I was in complete denial, thought there was no way it could possibly be flat. I thought he'd lost his marbles... So I started looking into it, merely just to prove him wrong. The more I look into it, the more I'm starting to find things are not what we've been taught.

Re: POLL: How many of you believe Earth is not flat? [Re: TalksCheap] #2864224
10/23/18 04:30 PM
10/23/18 04:30 PM
3dXman Offline
Michael Peterson status
3dXman  Offline
Michael Peterson status

CAN any of U scientificRetards actually prove U r on Earth& not some other Planet in teh Solarzystem? shrug

How do u know ur not on Another Planet & U have just been brainwashed 4 there Evil Purp oses?/
crazy2

U Never kno when some Fat olD Carp will eAt teh whole choclate cak,get sik & quit surfing 4evr
Re: POLL: How many of you believe Earth is not flat? [Re: 3dXman] #2864243
10/23/18 04:49 PM
10/23/18 04:49 PM
S
SBSteve Offline
Miki Dora status
SBSteve  Offline
Miki Dora status
S

Originally Posted By: 3dXman
CAN any of U scientificRetards actually prove U r on Earth& not some other Planet in teh Solarzystem? shrug

How do u know ur not on Another Planet & U have just been brainwashed 4 there Evil Purp oses?/
crazy2

Might explain how we have a complete ninconpoop in charge of our country.

Re: POLL: How many of you believe Earth is not flat? [Re: Bohter] #2864345
10/23/18 06:12 PM
10/23/18 06:12 PM
E
Estes_Green_Beams Offline
Grom
Estes_Green_Beams  Offline
Grom
E

12% FE with over 30 replays.
....and I thought I was all alone here.
applause2

Show this `replays`. I click y hay no videoreplay confused2 loser shrug
Estes & amigos LIE falsies in this poll 5 timez to throw teh curvies! Adjust your maths loser

Teh only flat item estes tortillas con PASTOR!!! hat

Re: POLL: How many of you believe Earth is not flat? [Re: SBSteve] #2864459
10/23/18 08:31 PM
10/23/18 08:31 PM
3dXman Offline
Michael Peterson status
3dXman  Offline
Michael Peterson status

Originally Posted By: SBSteve
Originally Posted By: 3dXman

crazy2

Might explain how we have a complete ninconpoop in charge of our country.

HIllary Clintonis President &In charge of DYkeEarth#2,
U are probaly on teh wrong Planet shrug

SHe has completed her Nincompoop Certificate &rules
with an Iron fisting/ rockin

cheers

U Never kno when some Fat olD Carp will eAt teh whole choclate cak,get sik & quit surfing 4evr
Re: POLL: How many of you believe Earth is not flat? [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2864527
10/23/18 10:51 PM
10/23/18 10:51 PM
valley purgatory
S
santacruzin Offline
Miki Dora status
santacruzin  Offline
Miki Dora status
S

valley purgatory
Australian Erbbers ... you got some splaining to do!!

http://www.anonews.co/australia-doesnt-e...K7cgQZP_DR0hLa4

I like the gloves. They are needed in the aquatic deeds of perversion that he partakes in.
Re: POLL: How many of you believe Earth is not flat? [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2864536
10/23/18 11:01 PM
10/23/18 11:01 PM
O
oneula Offline
Michael Peterson status
oneula  Offline
Michael Peterson status
O

i thought bucky said life was all a tetrahedron

the only thing linear is time
that's what you need wrinkles for

Last edited by oneula; 10/23/18 11:03 PM.

waSUPcuz? shaka ala n da mooleh bulls..
Re: POLL: How many of you believe Earth is not flat? [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2864562
10/24/18 12:07 AM
10/24/18 12:07 AM
Santucky, Ca
P
Phi1 Offline
Michael Peterson status
Phi1  Offline
Michael Peterson status
P

Santucky, Ca
The funny thing about flat Earth is how incredibly vast the conspiracy would have to be and the amount of unity it would require, for instance, among nations that are enemies.... for instance the United States and Russia during the space race...

Not to mention mass unified conspiracy to generate images of a round Earth

Mass conspiracy among employees at NASA and similar agencies...

Mass conspiracy in aeronautics programs and among pilots...

Mass conspiracy of pilots who fly commercial airliners...

Mass conspiracy of those involved with navigation at sea...

etc.

A friend said it best the other day:

"It is far more likely the moon landing was faked than that the earth is flat. And that's not saying it's likely the moon landing was faked."

Exactly what I was thinking.

Also, what is to be gained by maintaining this vast hoax? If the world were somehow not spherical, what could be gained by hiding that fact? At what point and level do the people studying the established shape and movement of planets in our solar system get "read in" on this new theory in order to launch satellites and shit?

I get that the spirit behind the flat earthers trying to question the status quo, but at some point you're gonna have to have faith in the thousands of people who are well versed in the subject. Not the YouTube "experts".

Re: POLL: How many of you believe Earth is not flat? [Re: Phi1] #2864642
10/24/18 03:00 AM
10/24/18 03:00 AM
B
Bohter Offline
Michael Peterson status
Bohter  Offline
Michael Peterson status
B

Originally Posted By: Phi1
The funny thing about flat Earth is how incredibly vast the conspiracy would have to be and the amount of unity it would require, for instance, among nations that are enemies.... for instance the United States and Russia during the space race...

Not to mention mass unified conspiracy to generate images of a round Earth

Mass conspiracy among employees at NASA and similar agencies...

Mass conspiracy in aeronautics programs and among pilots...

Mass conspiracy of pilots who fly commercial airliners...

Mass conspiracy of those involved with navigation at sea...

etc.

A friend said it best the other day:

"It is far more likely the moon landing was faked than that the earth is flat. And that's not saying it's likely the moon landing was faked."

Exactly what I was thinking.

Also, what is to be gained by maintaining this vast hoax? If the world were somehow not spherical, what could be gained by hiding that fact? At what point and level do the people studying the established shape and movement of planets in our solar system get "read in" on this new theory in order to launch satellites and shit?

I get that the spirit behind the flat earthers trying to question the status quo, but at some point you're gonna have to have faith in the thousands of people who are well versed in the subject. Not the YouTube "experts".

Put yourself in this guy's shoes...and listen to the conversation.
Many similarities wrt recent posts and questions.
Guy seems damn intelligent by the questions he asks...w/o attacking Harry....the guy with the camera.
Is thinking for himself....yet remains respectful...
And in the end agrees this is something that requires looking into.

cheers

Re: POLL: How many of you believe Earth is not flat? [Re: Estes_Green_Beams] #2864681
10/24/18 04:25 AM
10/24/18 04:25 AM
K
kelpcutter Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
kelpcutter  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
K

Originally Posted By: Estes_Green_Beams

12% FE with over 30 replays.
....and I thought I was all alone here.
applause2

Show this `replays`. I click y hay no videoreplay confused2 loser shrug
Estes & amigos LIE falsies in this poll 5 timez to throw teh curvies! Adjust your maths loser

Teh only flat item estes tortillas con PASTOR!!! hat

Sanity returns to the erBB! beer

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32