REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2863420 - 10/21/18 08:11 PM Re: Do you remember your first BJJ tournament? [Re: 000]
Duffy Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Your moms house
Originally Posted By: 000
footge of my bjj tourney

She startled him and he had a heart attack? shrug

Edited by Duffy (10/21/18 08:11 PM)

- The Wasp

#2863437 - 10/21/18 09:48 PM Re: Do you remember your first BJJ tournament? [Re: BillyOcean]
obslop Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: san diego, CA
Originally Posted By: BillyOcean
I was pretty winded after Id rollerbladed to the dojo so I was only like 85%

I had my karate pajamas opened a bit seductively at the chest, showing some boss chest hair

I was wearing Chanel Allure Homme Sport- universally acknowledged as the #1 sport cologne of all time

When the master said go! (in Brazilian), I dropped down into worm stance

The only known counter for worm stance is gravedigger (thats the English translation) so I knew what was coming (game theory!)

So when the dude tried to sweep me, I was ready

The conclusion is on my BJJ blog which youll need to subscribe to

I havent trained this hard to give this shit away for free

lol. that's pretty good.

you should work something in there about once you went home you dominated the comments sections on a half-dozen martial arts videos on youtube.

#2863438 - 10/21/18 09:49 PM Re: Do you remember your first BJJ tournament? [Re: 000]
obslop Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: san diego, CA
Originally Posted By: 000
footge of my bjj tourney

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="QdsQ9Cq"><a href="//imgur.com/QdsQ9Cq"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

i love the stars in the background. also, imagine if you could do this to anyone sniffing around a wave you want to catch.

#2863729 - 10/22/18 02:18 PM Re: Do you remember your first BJJ tournament? [Re: rts265]
bigsurfer67 Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Tae Kwon Do back in my day. Didn't do well in forms...didn't place. Sparring division was fun...an overly agressive guy kept charging in (that won forms division), so I kept tagging him and scoring points for the easy win. Another guy was pretty good, but I tried to hit him when his back was turned with a missed spinning kick...got a warning. He barely won the match...took third place in Sparring though which was pretty good. Was kind of like the movie "Karate Kid" back in the day....only learned a little BJJ as it was just emerging as the dominant form now.

#2863735 - 10/22/18 02:24 PM Re: Do you remember your first BJJ tournament? [Re: rts265]
grapedrink Online   happy
Phil Edwards status

Loc: A Beach
Just watched the first episode of Cobra Kai last night on You Tube. It's like a reborn Point Break for 80s era martial arts roflmao

#2863742 - 10/22/18 02:39 PM Re: Do you remember your first BJJ tournament? [Re: grapedrink]
bigsurfer67 Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Originally Posted By: grapedrink
Just watched the first episode of Cobra Kai last night on You Tube. It's like a reborn Point Break for 80s era martial arts roflmao

Will have to check out the new Point Break and Cobra Kai. Karate Kid was based on Japanase Gogu-Ryu Karate which was one of the dominant forms before BJJ. Did Shotokan Karate (similar to Gogu-Ryu) for a while at UC Riverside...our sensei Ray Dahlke was a 9th Dan (Degree) Black Belt (first American to ever get that highly ranked in it) in it and was world renowned. They used to have a huge National Karate tournament on campus every year which they probably still have...like the movie Karate Kid...lol.

#2863750 - 10/22/18 02:56 PM Re: Do you remember your first BJJ tournament? [Re: rts265]
grapedrink Online   happy
Phil Edwards status

Loc: A Beach
It's pretty funny. The acting is a bit rough, but I think that could be intentional for throwback purposes confused2 Don't know. Ralph Machio plays LaRusso as a successful car dealer, and Johnny has fell on hard times and decides to re-open Cobra Kai, and is played by the original actor jam_on Will keep watching beer

#2863777 - 10/22/18 03:31 PM Re: Do you remember your first BJJ tournament? [Re: rts265]
rts265 Online   content
Michael Peterson status

Thirty four years after events of the 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament, a down-and-out Johnny Lawrence seeks redemption by reopening the infamous Cobra Kai dojo, reigniting his rivalry with a now successful Daniel LaRusso.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32