REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2866906 - 10/28/18 01:54 AM Re: $300 Foils made in China??? [Re: Hdip]
Clamsmasha Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: Nar
Ive only ridden Slingshot so far. I wasn’t stoked on the H2 or H4 I owned but I tried the 76cm as a demo and it was really really good. So much lighter than the original wings, and just much nicer for me. Pretty big wing, so makes slop an easy mark. I would def buy their stuff with the new wings, but unfortunately I got in a bit early...

I got some really nice, though shortish beachies today...nice clear peaks that backed off into a gutter so the big ones were reforms and the small ones had ripbowl walls. I wouldn’t have had a good time surfing.

I took out the big wing and was flying nicely, able to pump ahead and get into the shorebreak from behind. Not a turner though....I think this is enough wing for me to downwind/dock start/pump on the flats but not so good for a tighter style of wave. It did go well catching the flat rubble from behind a reef the other day though.

The smaller wing was way better in the surf. I got my first couple of fly down the line waves (in control) and pumped off the back with some speed and control. I used the higher aspect stabiliser today as the Takuma style one is super hand-brakey (though stable). I can’t turn yet, except for a bit of steering so I’ll reserve my judgement!

I’m riding a 5’2” that I shaped but I’m going to shape a super light one with a concave deck probably a bit shorter.
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]

#2866995 - 10/28/18 11:19 AM Re: $300 Foils made in China??? [Re: Hdip]
Kaser1 Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status

Loc: Foiltown , Hawai'i
Originally Posted By: Hdip
You stick a foilmount on the board you want to use. Then you screw the foil into that track system.

Foilmount.com

Yes and no.

Yes-Cheapest way to get into foiling is buying one of these stick on mounts to a cheap board or one you already use, a normal surf board.

No-The tail rocker shaped into just about every "surf" board will change the pitch of the wing in relation to the deck of you board. It's like trying to foil while doing a "wheelie" the whole time. I'm sure you can get used to it, but I tried one and it didn't feel comfortable. You want your deck level when flying.

#2871232 - 11/06/18 01:02 AM Re: $300 Foils made in China??? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
colas Offline
Grom

Loc: Seignosse, France
On cheap Chinese no-name foils, be careful. Factories making them are also making foils for known brands, and to avoid potential trouble (legal or lost business), they change things so that they are not exact copies of one specific foil. Most of the time, they mix wings and stabilizers from different brands they manufacture for, with unpredictable results on the water.

Try to get feedback from previous buyers before ordering.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2