REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Matty Raynor Home Invasion #2862556
10/20/18 03:25 AM
10/20/18 03:25 AM
THE TERRORIST OF TERRAMAR
C
Coat Hanger Offline OP
Tom Curren status
Coat Hanger  Offline OP
Tom Curren status
C

THE TERRORIST OF TERRAMAR
View this post on Instagram

Hey friends, Lindsay here taking over MAtty’s insta for a moment: We wanted to get ahead of the coconut wireless and let everyone know that Matty’s OK. Around midnight last night a couple people broke into our house while we were sleeping. Matty was asleep on the couch and awoke to the intruders who attacked him. This led to a huge scuffle that ended with matty sustaining a few stab wounds to the neck and side and then the intruder getting knocked out and then choked out. Right at the end of that altercation the second intruder came from behind and hit him over the head with a paving stone from our yard knocking him unconscious. He was out cold for some time and woke up bloodied, bruised, and concussed, with a disclocated shoulder and some jacked up elbows and fists. He was transported to Queens where they stitched the minor cuts, ran X-rays and a CT scan. He was really lucky. The head trauma and the shoulder/hand are gonna take a little time to heal, but he shouldn’t be out for too long. (He’s never been one to take it easy!) For now we’re just dealing with damage control, assessing what (if anything) was taken, figuring out how to keep surfboards moving along, how to make some income the next couple weeks, and working to feel ok sleeping in our house again. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to friends that showed up in the middle of the night and all day today to watch over our kids; keeping them blissfully happy and unaware of this craziness. Please everyone - look out for each other and your neighbors and lock your doors!! (If anyone has an intimidating dog with a ferocious bark that they’d like to loan us for the next few weeks that would be nice. 😏❤️)

A post shared by raynorsurf (@raynorsurf) on

Originally Posted By: StuAzole
The deference given to veterans is insane. They signed up, did their job and got paid for it. Fine.
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2862617
10/20/18 11:47 AM
10/20/18 11:47 AM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline
Duke status
C

Petak Island
Nighttime burglary and he was attacked. Sounds like he may have been targeted.

Violent burglaries are pretty unsettling. Had a 6'7 280 lb perp fresh out of prison hit my place one afternoon years back. He grabbed a butcher knife from the kitchen went and ripped the place apart. Only grabbed a few laptops but glad I wasn't home to say the least.

Once had my studio apartment cleaned out at night while I slept. Even took my wallet out of my pants pocket right next to me. And I'm a light sleeper.

socrazy

Q: Secret aspiration?
A: Buy Pezman's mag and turn it into a piece of crap.
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2862619
10/20/18 12:02 PM
10/20/18 12:02 PM
M
mundus Offline
Miki Dora status
mundus  Offline
Miki Dora status
M

Scary stuff.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2862824
10/20/18 06:38 PM
10/20/18 06:38 PM
000 Offline
Duke status
000  Offline
Duke status

ice ice baby

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2862840
10/20/18 08:02 PM
10/20/18 08:02 PM
Honolulu, Hawaii
R
Racer1 Offline
Phil Edwards status
Racer1  Offline
Phil Edwards status
R

Honolulu, Hawaii
Matty is one of the nicest guys to order boards from. Honest, helpful and accountable throughout the process. I've gotten some great boards from him. Even picked up one from his garage at that house, met his wife briefly then and his kids. Scary stuff.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Racer1] #2862849
10/20/18 08:29 PM
10/20/18 08:29 PM
Palm Coast , Florida
G
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status
Greg Griffin  Offline
Duke status
G

Palm Coast , Florida
Very lucky the perp had such a small knife
4 1/2" blade = really bad outcome
I'm sure Wade's team or someone else can get his orders done while he recoups .

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2862855
10/20/18 09:11 PM
10/20/18 09:11 PM
Location Location
Y
youcantbeserious Offline
Michael Peterson status
youcantbeserious  Offline
Michael Peterson status
Y

Location Location
It was random. Matty is one of the best guys out there -- low key, he's a shaper, so no flashy cars or clothes anything like that. His street has seen a a lot of new traffic lately, lots of tourists see IG pics, go to take their one of their own, which attracts lots of meth-head thieves looking to hit cars. Sad for everyone on that street.

The invasions and burglaries in this area have a hit an all time high, cops everywhere, still not getting better.

Get well soon MR!

I've been banned from better websites than this one.
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2862893
10/20/18 11:56 PM
10/20/18 11:56 PM
K
ko25ok Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
ko25ok  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
K

The dude is hands down one of the best shapers. Quick, accountable, super friendly, and has awesome shapes.

He’s made quite a few boards for me and was always super helpful and one of the nicest friendliest guys too.

That’s absolutely crazy what happened.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2862913
10/21/18 01:59 AM
10/21/18 01:59 AM
san diego, CA
O
obslop Offline
Phil Edwards status
obslop  Offline
Phil Edwards status
O

san diego, CA
that's fooked; heal up!

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2862939
10/21/18 08:56 AM
10/21/18 08:56 AM
Moon
B
Bonzer5Fin Offline
Duke status
Bonzer5Fin  Offline
Duke status
B

Moon
That absolutely sucks. Glad he choked one of them out, at least. Heal up!

“Surfers killed surfing.”

"all your sisters belong to me." -- subway
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: ko25ok] #2863177
10/21/18 04:54 PM
10/21/18 04:54 PM
Location Location
Y
youcantbeserious Offline
Michael Peterson status
Michael Peterson status
Y

Location Location
Originally Posted By: ko25ok
The dude is hands down one of the best shapers. Quick, accountable, super friendly, and has awesome shapes.

He’s made quite a few boards for me and was always super helpful and one of the nicest friendliest guys too.

That’s absolutely crazy what happened.

Seconded. He is a first class guy. Of all the jerk offs moving to this area with their attitudes, it absolutely sucks that this happened to someone like Matty.

Didn't make the papers, and last I heard no one is in custody. Unless HPD literally sees a crime occurring (and even then it's dicey) rest assured nothing will be done.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: youcantbeserious] #2863288
10/21/18 07:00 PM
10/21/18 07:00 PM
T
Truth Offline
Miki Dora status
Truth  Offline
Miki Dora status
T

Originally Posted By: youcantbeserious
It was random. Matty is one of the best guys out there -- low key, he's a shaper, so no flashy cars or clothes anything like that. His street has seen a a lot of new traffic lately, lots of tourists see IG pics, go to take their one of their own, which attracts lots of meth-head thieves looking to hit cars. Sad for everyone on that street.

The invasions and burglaries in this area have a hit an all time high, cops everywhere, still not getting better.

Get well soon MR!

is the north shore too big and/or times too modern for the north
shore heavies to go vigilante on these tweakers and get rid of them?

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2863309
10/21/18 07:48 PM
10/21/18 07:48 PM
Location Location
Y
youcantbeserious Offline
Michael Peterson status
Michael Peterson status
Y

Location Location
A lot of these guys are from town or the west side, somewhere else. They go around the island all day (and night, of course) hitting stuff. Full on cockroaches. Vigilante justice would be welcome, but all of the north shore heavies are also working stiffs just trying to pay the bills.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2863324
10/21/18 08:12 PM
10/21/18 08:12 PM
California/Hawaii
M
Muscles Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
Muscles  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
M

California/Hawaii
Matty is a solid dude and his shapes are awesome. He shaped a perfect twin fish for me and didn't half ass the process like some previous shapers I ordered from. I've been to his house and can't believe that is happening out there. Hope he makes a quick recovery.

Damn tweakers seem to do whatever they want with no repercussions. HPD is undermanned and doesn't have the resources. Politicians don't give a shit and are just worried about getting the next boondoggle passed where they will proceed to tax the crap out of us. The rest of us have to worry about someone robbing us or worse. Thankfully I have two dogs who will freak out before anyone gets close enough to my house to get in.

And like someone else said, the people who could handle underground are like the rest of us. Working a job (or multiple) just to get by while these drug addicted criminals plot how to steal from the rest of us. It makes my blood boil just thinking about it.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Muscles] #2863361
10/21/18 10:15 PM
10/21/18 10:15 PM
Palm Coast , Florida
G
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status
Greg Griffin  Offline
Duke status
G

Palm Coast , Florida
If you know the right people HPD will take care of things . If you don't nothing happens .

If its in the news they have to respond .

Get it featured in the news and there will be results - you guys can do this .

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2863404
10/21/18 11:49 PM
10/21/18 11:49 PM
hulling, mostly...
S
SurfFuerte Offline
Michael Peterson status
SurfFuerte  Offline
Michael Peterson status
S

hulling, mostly...
i'm rooting for island justice, if it's anything like your atlantic sister islands those fools end up feeding fish, no sense in wasting a good tweaker.... fish gotta eat too ya know?

roscoe jones
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: SurfFuerte] #2863413
10/22/18 12:04 AM
10/22/18 12:04 AM
Palm Coast , Florida
G
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status
Greg Griffin  Offline
Duke status
G

Palm Coast , Florida
Too many "Fools" to feed the fish .

Get it in the news , Latronics , Guy Hagi, North Shore community rant on Facebook etc and it will have to be taken care of - no matter if someones cousins going to go to jail.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2863482
10/22/18 06:52 AM
10/22/18 06:52 AM
S
slopokecr Offline
Billy Hamilton status
slopokecr  Offline
Billy Hamilton status
S

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2863610
10/22/18 04:02 PM
10/22/18 04:02 PM
R
RWVBWL Offline
Nep status
RWVBWL  Offline
Nep status
R

From the news cast linked above by slopokecr:
Quote:
<snip>
While working in his shed Thursday night, Matty Raynor heard noise coming from the vacant home next door. At some point someone who was at the home threw a beer bottle onto his property.

Raynor called the police, they came, took a report, and left.

“It was just kind of a weird and intense evening so I decided to go to sleep on the couch,” Raynor said.

His wife and two young daughters were asleep in their rooms; when around midnight, Matty woke up to a stranger in his home shining a flashlight in his face.

“I stood up, the light went on me and I couldn’t really see very well, but I knew they were coming at me. And the light dropped and when the light dropped I saw someone throwing like a really slow, sloppy punch,” Raynor said.
<snip>

I am glad that Matt, his wife, and his daughters are alive still!
Glad too that they are goin' public with their experience, as GG advised!

As I'm a dude who had to pull a knife on a tweek~er who came at me the other mornin' in the pre~dawn' darkness around 6:15 am as I was lookin' over the sea~wall at a beach in L.A. where I like to look for breachin' Great White Sharks, and LAPD did not do shee~it even though I saw them else~where + talked with 'em soon after~wards, well I wonder of this: If you too are awoke by some tweeked~out kook standin' in your livin' room shinin' a bright light on ya, where the F**K was Matt's gun, his knife, his base~ball bat so he could defend not just him~self, but his Family too??? F**Kin' tweek~er's, I woulda easily shot him, you too? Just make sure he is facin' ya, ya dig? mad

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2863633
10/22/18 04:40 PM
10/22/18 04:40 PM
R
RWVBWL Offline
Nep status
RWVBWL  Offline
Nep status
R

After the '92 L.A. Riots,
I used to some~times carry a gun, a mini Colt 380 on me in the old Dog~Town shop I ran.
This was because over the years in my Santa Monica Main Street neighborhood, well the chick who owned a cute clothin' boutique named Ragsby Wolf next door was held up at knife~point 1 fine evenin' as I sat awaitin' customers mere feet away and I spoke with her right afterwards, the folks at Santa Monica Farms next~door were then robbed at gun~point too, the pep's at the ol' Pioneer Boulangerie across the street were robbed by dudes wth shot~guns 1 early morn', and 1 of the night cashiers at Star Liquor, which is right across the street from where The WSL has it's current head~quarters, was held up and was then shot in the head right before Christmas 1 year, even though he gave over the $$$. I got lucky, never robbed, though I had the finger on the trigger, the safety off a few times whilest inside the surf~shop. I do not have my Colt 380 anymore, it is a lame story/oh well. BUT if I wanted to get an excellent pistol for self~protection, this is what I'd get today for self/business/family protection:
Smith & Wesson's M&P 2.0 Compact Handgun: Better Than Glock?
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/smith-wessons-mp-20-compact-handgun-better-glock-29792
Pass it on...
RW

Last edited by RWVBWL; 10/22/18 04:49 PM.
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2863745
10/22/18 06:48 PM
10/22/18 06:48 PM
T
Truth Offline
Miki Dora status
Truth  Offline
Miki Dora status
T

I have never owned a weapon but am always a bit confused when something like this happens and people say they should have had a gun - I agree, but....................

If I have a gun and someone wakes me up, how do I get the gun? If I have kids isn't the gun in a safe that I would have to go unlock?

I am all for blasting away, but unless you are sleeping with gun are you too late?

What's best defense? Dogs?

Thanks

Last edited by Truth; 10/22/18 06:54 PM.
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Truth] #2863747
10/22/18 06:51 PM
10/22/18 06:51 PM
CA
R
rice Offline
Duke status
rice  Offline
Duke status
R

CA
Deadlifts.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Truth] #2863767
10/22/18 07:26 PM
10/22/18 07:26 PM
California/Hawaii
M
Muscles Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
Muscles  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
M

California/Hawaii
Originally Posted By: Truth
I have never owned a weapon but am always a bit confused when something like this happens and people say they should have had a gun - I agree, but....................

If I have a gun and someone wakes me up, how do I get the gun? If I have kids isn't the gun in a safe that I would have to go unlock?

I am all for blasting away, but unless you are sleeping with gun are you too late?

Thanks

The honest answer is probably dogs that will bark and awake you. Anyone who says that a gun would have helped in this situation is living in a fantasy land. I love guns and own multiple for sport and self defense. But unless you're completely unhinged you're not going to be sleeping on your couch with a glock in your waistband while your wife and kids sleep upstairs.

I keep my guns in a child proof safe that is out of reach. Realistically, my two dogs would freak out if anyone tried to open the door in the middle of the night at which point I could choose to grab my gun if someone continued trying to enter my house. But without something giving you prior warning that someone is trying to enter your house there is not much you can do.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Truth] #2863772
10/22/18 07:28 PM
10/22/18 07:28 PM
S
surfy1476 Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
surfy1476  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
S

Thanks

Probably wouldn't have helped in this case because he was on the couch and wouldn't have been able to get there in time. In general I would say don't let it get to the point where you need your gun. Deterrence and more secured home.

Last edited by surfy1476; 10/22/18 07:29 PM.
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2863780
10/22/18 07:33 PM
10/22/18 07:33 PM
Kaimukisia
S
SenorBlues Offline
Grom
SenorBlues  Offline
Grom
S

Kaimukisia
Crazy update!!! Turns out Matty fucked the first guy up so badly the guy's in a coma. They found one of his missing teeth in Matt's yard and it's a match to the guy in the hospital. That means the guy who hit him with the paver and knocked him out had to have taken his unconscious partner to the hospital.

"If you stumble, make it part of the dance."
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2863782
10/22/18 07:35 PM
10/22/18 07:35 PM
R
rts265 Offline
Miki Dora status
rts265  Offline
Miki Dora status
R

Does Matt trane?

Pulling for the Raynors here!

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Muscles] #2863784
10/22/18 07:37 PM
10/22/18 07:37 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Online sick
Duke status
ifallalot  Online Sick
Duke status
I

HB, CA
Originally Posted By: Muscles

Thanks

The honest answer is probably dogs that will bark and awake you. Anyone who says that a gun would have helped in this situation is living in a fantasy land. I love guns and own multiple for sport and self defense. But unless you're completely unhinged you're not going to be sleeping on your couch with a glock in your waistband while your wife and kids sleep upstairs.

I keep my guns in a child proof safe that is out of reach. Realistically, my two dogs would freak out if anyone tried to open the door in the middle of the night at which point I could choose to grab my gun if someone continued trying to enter my house. But without something giving you prior warning that someone is trying to enter your house there is not much you can do.

Muscles is correct

MUELLER IS COMING batman
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2863789
10/22/18 07:39 PM
10/22/18 07:39 PM
san diego, CA
O
obslop Offline
Phil Edwards status
obslop  Offline
Phil Edwards status
O

san diego, CA
wow. skimming that story it sounds like local police on Oahu are INCOMPETENT at best and work for the criminals in a worst case scenario.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: obslop] #2863792
10/22/18 07:42 PM
10/22/18 07:42 PM
California/Hawaii
M
Muscles Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
Muscles  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
M

California/Hawaii
Originally Posted By: obslop
wow. skimming that story it sounds like local police on Oahu are INCOMPETENT at best and work for the criminals in a worst case scenario.

Why not both?

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: SenorBlues] #2863793
10/22/18 07:44 PM
10/22/18 07:44 PM
San Francisco, CA
M
Mr Doof Offline
Duke status
Mr Doof  Offline
Duke status
M

San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted By: SenorBlues
Crazy update!!! Turns out Matty fucked the first guy up so badly the guy's in a coma. They found one of his missing teeth in Matt's yard and it's a match to the guy in the hospital. That means the guy who hit him with the paver and knocked him out had to have taken his unconscious partner to the hospital.

It is uncommon for a fellow thief/thug to help out a fellow thief/thug for the average B&E.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Mr Doof] #2863799
10/22/18 07:49 PM
S
surfy1476 Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
surfy1476  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
S

Originally Posted By: Mr Doof

It is uncommon for a fellow thief/thug to help out a fellow thief/thug for the average B&E.

They had meth strength.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2863800
R
rts265 Offline
Miki Dora status
rts265  Offline
Miki Dora status
R

ambulance that was called for matty probably took him

they probably tried to arrest matt too, seen that happen. the victim gets the perp good and the cops think hes the criminal.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Muscles] #2863851
10/22/18 09:15 PM
10/22/18 09:15 PM
Honolulu, Hawaii
R
Racer1 Offline
Phil Edwards status
Racer1  Offline
Phil Edwards status
R

Honolulu, Hawaii
Originally Posted By: obslop

Why not both?

HPD was in the news in April because they are severely understaffed.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/38024...e-the-staffing/

"Honolulu's police chief says staffing shortages means property crimes will have to wait while her department investigates more serious, violent crimes.

Chief Susan Ballard says her department is short 257 officers and it will take years to fill those gaps."

Last edited by Racer1; 10/22/18 09:20 PM.
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: SenorBlues] #2863852
10/22/18 09:16 PM
10/22/18 09:16 PM
Honolulu, Hawaii
R
Racer1 Offline
Phil Edwards status
Racer1  Offline
Phil Edwards status
R

Honolulu, Hawaii

Hahah yeah Matty boy.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: rts265] #2863864
10/22/18 09:53 PM
10/22/18 09:53 PM
S
slopokecr Offline
Billy Hamilton status
slopokecr  Offline
Billy Hamilton status
S

Originally Posted By: rts265
ambulance that was called for matty probably took him

they probably tried to arrest matt too, seen that happen. the victim gets the perp good and the cops think hes the criminal.

If they ended up in the back yard, and the only witness is the perp's accomplice, this has the potential for not playing out well for the victim.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Muscles] #2863869
10/22/18 10:12 PM
10/22/18 10:12 PM
Palm Coast , Florida
G
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status
Greg Griffin  Offline
Duke status
G

Palm Coast , Florida
"The honest answer is probably dogs that will bark and awake you. Anyone who says that a gun would have helped in this situation is living in a fantasy land. "

Dogs = deterrent

In this case lots of time time for a gun during the light in the eyes part getting up off the couch, he was on the couch semi expecting trouble as it reads - good time to weaponize .

"Crazy update!!! Turns out Matty fucked the first guy up so badly the guy's in a coma. They found one of his missing teeth in Matt's yard and it's a match to the guy in the hospital. That means the guy who hit him with the paver and knocked him out had to have taken his unconscious partner to the hospital."

When , where is this update ?

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Greg Griffin] #2863876
10/22/18 10:38 PM
10/22/18 10:38 PM
California/Hawaii
M
Muscles Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
Muscles  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
M

California/Hawaii
Originally Posted By: Greg Griffin
"The honest answer is probably dogs that will bark and awake you. Anyone who says that a gun would have helped in this situation is living in a fantasy land. "

Dogs = deterrent

In this case lots of time time for a gun during the light in the eyes part getting up off the couch, he was on the couch semi expecting trouble as it reads - good time to weaponize .

Like I said earlier, you have to be a completely unhinged lunatic to go to sleep on a couch with a loaded weapon in a house with children. Life isn't a video game and guns do in fact kill people. There is no reset button. Sleeping with a loaded weapon in a house with kids is irresponsible and reckless. I highly doubt Matty would have had time to get up and walk to a gun safe, unlock it, load it and then confront the intruders once the light was shined in his eyes.

The best home-defense is deterrence. The best case scenario is preventing any situation where you would need to grab your weapon. Get a dog or an alarm system. Anything to warn you something is happening. Lock your doors and make it hard for people to enter. It sucks but this is the world we live in.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Muscles] #2863879
10/22/18 10:50 PM
10/22/18 10:50 PM
F
frvcvs Offline
Duke status
frvcvs  Offline
Duke status
F

Dogs = deterrent

Like I said earlier, you have to be a completely unhinged lunatic to go to sleep on a couch with a loaded weapon in a house with children. Life isn't a video game and guns do in fact kill people. There is no reset button. Sleeping with a loaded weapon in a house with kids is irresponsible and reckless. I highly doubt Matty would have had time to get up and walk to a gun safe, unlock it, load it and then confront the intruders once the light was shined in his eyes.

The best home-defense is deterrence. The best case scenario is preventing any situation where you would need to grab your weapon. Get a dog or an alarm system. Anything to warn you something is happening. Lock your doors and make it hard for people to enter. It sucks but this is the world we live in.

Thank you for being reasonable. cheers

"Milk tits rule!" - Bonzer5Fin

"I've been against every Trump/Republican policy implemented and expressed it here." - Caca_Mugrienta

"I'm someone who has spent way more time in the black community than most white people." - Caca_Mugrienta

"Your credential as an ERbb conservative is officially blown." - Squidley

"while it has over 8,000 nerve endings, a clitoris is nowhere near as sensitive as a MAGA snowflake " - StuAzole
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: obslop] #2863880
10/22/18 10:54 PM
10/22/18 10:54 PM
Palm Coast , Florida
G
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status
Greg Griffin  Offline
Duke status
G

Palm Coast , Florida
"wow. skimming that story it sounds like local police on Oahu are INCOMPETENT at best and work for the criminals in a worst case scenario."

I had a one of a kind Mountain Bike stolen around 2006

As a resident nothing was going to happen .

My friends found the bike + the network of thieves for the Islands.

They came up with a plan to get it back from one of them in Wahiawa .

Too risky - No cops considered too .

I reported this house where my bike was to that station - no interest . Not even in the network that I found .

A friend said he was good friends with the captian - got a call saying I need to clear this up since your friends of my captains friend .

It was a stupid plan , my going to the door asking for my bike while they waited outside .

Many of my friends saw this perp riding my bike in Wahiawa .

For months .

I called the police when seeing it and they would not come .

Way more stuff .

Then another friend arranged another city's swat team to go off hours to this house to get it .

It already was gone by then .

Short version . wave2

Officer Henderson who's famous for the Foodland gay women bs would have fixed mine and Matty's issues , He's a great officer .

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Muscles] #2863885
10/22/18 10:59 PM
10/22/18 10:59 PM
Palm Coast , Florida
G
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status
Greg Griffin  Offline
Duke status
G

Palm Coast , Florida
This happened in 1 day

No time for a doggy

Blah Blah

Some of your other statements are incorrect as well but I won't educate you on those .

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Muscles] #2863886
10/22/18 11:00 PM
10/22/18 11:00 PM
Palm Coast , Florida
G
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status
Greg Griffin  Offline
Duke status
G

Palm Coast , Florida
" I highly doubt Matty would have had time to get up and walk to a gun safe, unlock it, load it and then confront the intruders once the light was shined in his eyes. "

Nobody has time for this

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Greg Griffin] #2863889
10/22/18 11:06 PM
10/22/18 11:06 PM
California/Hawaii
M
Muscles Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
Muscles  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
M

California/Hawaii
" I highly doubt Matty would have had time to get up and walk to a gun safe, unlock it, load it and then confront the intruders once the light was shined in his eyes. "

Nobody has time for this

Which is my point.

If you think sleeping with a loaded weapon in a house full of kids is reasonable then I have no response besides to let whoever reads this to not do it.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Greg Griffin] #2863891
10/22/18 11:08 PM
10/22/18 11:08 PM
California/Hawaii
M
Muscles Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
Muscles  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
M

California/Hawaii

Some of your other statements are incorrect as well but I won't educate you on those .

Please, enlighten us.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Muscles] #2863917
10/22/18 11:53 PM
10/22/18 11:53 PM
Palm Coast , Florida
G
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status
Greg Griffin  Offline
Duke status
G

Palm Coast , Florida
Your right about everything --

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: SenorBlues] #2863922
10/23/18 12:01 AM
10/23/18 12:01 AM
R
RWVBWL Offline
Nep status
RWVBWL  Offline
Nep status
R

That news report again:
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2018/10/22/laie-family-speaks-out-after-armed-home-invasion/

That somebody's missin' tooth below?

Once again, glad to read that, so far, Matt, his wife + 2 daughters are safe, still.
BUT they might need to be even careful now, them drugie-f**kers do crazy shee~it.
Matt shoulda weaponized that night in any way possible, also closed+double checked all locked doors/windows, it appears they did not break any windows, just cut a screen. Dudes were next door that night, probably saw the cops come, watched the scene as he talked with them, maybe retaliated after the cops left when Matt finally turned out the lights at his family's pad.
Dogs, alarms, some kinda weapon, video cam's...

PS~I'm at a beach in L.A.,
been yakin' with some Pali Boyz, 1 of whom recently had his $3,000.00 electric bike stolen from his locked garage, yep, they targeted him, cut the garage door lock, stole it. We were just watchin' a troll~couple walk by on PCH, with bikes, he with an expensive, bitchin' purple 10+speed bike~(easily worth $3-5,000), she too with another bike. Who walks on PCH with a stolen bike? Thieves who know that the cops ain't gonna do anythin' about it! They've been stealin' from a local supermarket too, and as the store employees can't do anything about it (corp policy, it seems), well these trolls, their pals too just continue to rip off the local neighborhood because they know the cops ain't gonna do shee~it.. F~em!

Last edited by RWVBWL; 10/23/18 12:03 AM.
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Muscles] #2864006
10/23/18 02:47 AM
10/23/18 02:47 AM
S
surfy1476 Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
surfy1476  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
S

Nobody has time for this

Which is my point.

If you think sleeping with a loaded weapon in a house full of kids is reasonable then I have no response besides to let whoever reads this to not do it.

Quick access safe.

Not saying it would have worked in this situation but it is absolutely possible to have a secure and quickly accessed pistol in the house. It would be better to have it and then you can decide if you want to use it or not on game day.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: surfy1476] #2864027
10/23/18 03:08 AM
10/23/18 03:08 AM
Palm Coast , Florida
G
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status
Greg Griffin  Offline
Duke status
G

Palm Coast , Florida
Matty was stabbed several times , its a blessing the perp did not use a knife .

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2864179
10/23/18 03:33 PM
10/23/18 03:33 PM
CBS, CA
J
john4surf Offline
Phil Edwards status
john4surf  Offline
Phil Edwards status
J

CBS, CA
Here's a trigger lock on sale this weekend at Glock. $200 isn't much money of you have a pistol and kids in the house...

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: surfy1476] #2864213
10/23/18 04:14 PM
10/23/18 04:14 PM
California/Hawaii
M
Muscles Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
Muscles  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
M

California/Hawaii
Originally Posted By: surfy1476

Quick access safe.

Not saying it would have worked in this situation but it is absolutely possible to have a secure and quickly accessed pistol in the house. It would be better to have it and then you can decide if you want to use it or not on game day.

I have a quick access bio safe which is out of reach of my children. I also keep a trigger lock on my guns and the clips out. It will stay that way until my kids are older.

Last edited by Muscles; 10/23/18 04:17 PM.
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Greg Griffin] #2864214
10/23/18 04:15 PM
10/23/18 04:15 PM
California/Hawaii
M
Muscles Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
Muscles  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
M

California/Hawaii
Your right about everything --

attention

Never change.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Greg Griffin] #2864217
10/23/18 04:18 PM
10/23/18 04:18 PM
Q
QuadFin Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
QuadFin  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
Q

Your right about everything.

Indeed, it's his right to about everything. I love abouting things.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: QuadFin] #2864236
10/23/18 04:38 PM
10/23/18 04:38 PM
valley purgatory
S
santacruzin Offline
Miki Dora status
santacruzin  Offline
Miki Dora status
S

valley purgatory
best protection and deterrent !! Shes a sweetheart but mess with the fam and Mona dog will eat you!

I like the gloves. They are needed in the aquatic deeds of perversion that he partakes in.
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: QuadFin] #2864278
10/23/18 05:27 PM
10/23/18 05:27 PM
Palm Coast , Florida
G
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status
Greg Griffin  Offline
Duke status
G

Palm Coast , Florida
This would have worked well in this situation :

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Greg Griffin] #2864292
10/23/18 05:36 PM
10/23/18 05:36 PM
T
Truth Offline
Miki Dora status
Truth  Offline
Miki Dora status
T

This would have worked well in this situation :

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JP8Ww6t50gI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good friends daughter left a bar with a friend of a friend, he attacked her at his place, she was trained and carrying a small knife........................she defended herself and killed him

If you carry a weapon, one day you will use that weapon

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2864296
10/23/18 05:37 PM
10/23/18 05:37 PM
S
sickdog Offline
Grom
sickdog  Offline
Grom
S

In my solo wanderings down mainland Mex, and the tip of Baja, I slept in a truck with a short camper shell. Felt OK with a Wrist Rocket & ball bearings. (25 years ago.)

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Truth] #2864308
10/23/18 05:43 PM
10/23/18 05:43 PM
Palm Coast , Florida
G
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status
Greg Griffin  Offline
Duke status
G

Palm Coast , Florida
Muscles has qualified himself as a FecalFace Gun Nut drowning

I think he could and would appreciate this knife :

Off to make fins

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Greg Griffin] #2864352
10/23/18 06:18 PM
10/23/18 06:18 PM
California/Hawaii
M
Muscles Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
Muscles  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
M

California/Hawaii
Muscles has qualified himself as a FecalFace Gun Nut drowning

I think he could and would appreciate this knife :

Off to make fins

Why does it not surprise me that you have Metal Gear Solid fantasies in your head?

Owning guns =/= gun nut. I mainly use them for hunting and sport shooting.

Last edited by Muscles; 10/23/18 06:18 PM.
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Muscles] #2864480
10/23/18 09:00 PM
10/23/18 09:00 PM
Palm Coast , Florida
G
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status
Greg Griffin  Offline
Duke status
G

Palm Coast , Florida
"Why does it not surprise me that you have Metal Gear Solid fantasies in your head?"

I live and function in reality

Again : In this case where the perp only had a box cutter , having either one of the knives I posted could have changed the outcome .

In Florida - dont pull a knife .

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Greg Griffin] #2864492
10/23/18 09:28 PM
10/23/18 09:28 PM
1whoknows Offline
Miki Dora status
1whoknows  Offline
Miki Dora status

terrible. Amazing that someone would try to rob people in a house like that.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2864495
10/23/18 09:36 PM
10/23/18 09:36 PM
R
RWVBWL Offline
Nep status
RWVBWL  Offline
Nep status
R

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2864568
10/24/18 12:20 AM
10/24/18 12:20 AM
B
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status
BillyOcean  Offline
Tom Curren status
B

Why not just a baseball bat under the bed?

Longer reach than knife

Safe for kids

Grab and go

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: BillyOcean] #2864569
10/24/18 12:23 AM
10/24/18 12:23 AM
in the bathroom
M
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status
manbearpig  Offline
Tom Curren status
M

in the bathroom
I’ve done the crowbar between bed cushions for awhile. I do have two shotguns in the closet next to my bed *gasp*

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Muscles] #2864589
10/24/18 01:02 AM
10/24/18 01:02 AM
Neck deep
H
HarryLopez Offline
Phil Edwards status
HarryLopez  Offline
Phil Edwards status
H

Neck deep

Please, enlighten us.

Actually, please don't.

I knew my eggs was headed for dat big omelette in da sky!
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2864590
10/24/18 01:05 AM
10/24/18 01:05 AM
Location Location
Y
youcantbeserious Offline
Michael Peterson status
Michael Peterson status
Y

Location Location
My son took Matty to Waialua today to pick up blanks. He is doing better, still a little woozy from the concussion, his hand is broken, he suffered a bad head wound, but the stab wounds were from a box cutter and should heal up well.

Matty trained Muay Thai and MMA for quite some time and is not to be fvcked with. He wrecked the guy, demolished his face, choked him so bad he went to sleep and pissed his pants. He woke up thinking he killed the guy. The tweeker is still in a coma, and when he wakes up, he's going to jail. B&E and attempted murder for the box cutter attack? Let's hope. Done with these tweeker fvcks.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2864593
10/24/18 01:08 AM
10/24/18 01:08 AM
O
oneula Offline
Michael Peterson status
oneula  Offline
Michael Peterson status
O

just live next to a mob enforcer or solo bike cop seemed worked for us
once when a gang fight of about 20 participants broke out in the middle of the night on our street, the guy came out and fired a big ol shotgun in the air a couple of times screaming at them to shut the f' up and go home. They all scrambled, no cops nothing. Just back to normal quiet evening again. Those young flip gang bangers never came back

seems like living with and next to hardest core criminals is a safe bet
they take care of their neighborhoods

I presume those living next door to Mr.R on the northshore are fairly safe.

funny when the rats realize they picked on the wrong cheese, things get returned real fast.
Kind of like when Cyril Pahinui's guitar got stolen or when Kamaka's bass got stolen

Last edited by oneula; 10/24/18 01:16 AM.

waSUPcuz? shaka ala n da mooleh bulls..
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: youcantbeserious] #2864605
10/24/18 01:35 AM
10/24/18 01:35 AM
Palm Coast , Florida
G
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status
Greg Griffin  Offline
Duke status
G

Palm Coast , Florida
Good for Matty

Hope theres no pay back by the perps circle or shamed police .

This is not exclusive to hawaii .

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: oneula] #2864612
10/24/18 01:55 AM
10/24/18 01:55 AM
S
sussle Offline
Michael Peterson status
sussle  Offline
Michael Peterson status
S

Originally Posted By: oneula
just live next to a mob enforcer or solo bike cop seemed worked for us
once when a gang fight of about 20 participants broke out in the middle of the night on our street, the guy came out and fired a big ol shotgun in the air a couple of times screaming at them to shut the f' up and go home. They all scrambled, no cops nothing. Just back to normal quiet evening again. Those young flip gang bangers never came back

seems like living with and next to hardest core criminals is a safe bet
they take care of their neighborhoods

heh, this. Ducktown, AC NJ, once upon a time fight

ideologically vacant
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Greg Griffin] #2864624
10/24/18 02:25 AM
10/24/18 02:25 AM
F
frvcvs Offline
Duke status
frvcvs  Offline
Duke status
F

"Why does it not surprise me that you have Metal Gear Solid fantasies in your head?"

I live and function in reality

Again : In this case where the perp only had a box cutter , having either one of the knives I posted could have changed the outcome .

In Florida - dont pull a knife .

Sounds like you live scared.

"Milk tits rule!" - Bonzer5Fin

"I've been against every Trump/Republican policy implemented and expressed it here." - Caca_Mugrienta

"I'm someone who has spent way more time in the black community than most white people." - Caca_Mugrienta

"Your credential as an ERbb conservative is officially blown." - Squidley

"while it has over 8,000 nerve endings, a clitoris is nowhere near as sensitive as a MAGA snowflake " - StuAzole
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2864653
10/24/18 03:22 AM
10/24/18 03:22 AM
O
oneula Offline
Michael Peterson status
oneula  Offline
Michael Peterson status
O

regarding access to guns go research what happened to rich parr in his downtown honolulu shop during 60's-70's he had to leave town after that.

waSUPcuz? shaka ala n da mooleh bulls..
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: frvcvs] #2864715
10/24/18 10:38 AM
10/24/18 10:38 AM
Palm Coast , Florida
G
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status
Greg Griffin  Offline
Duke status
G

Palm Coast , Florida
"Sounds like you live scared."

Nah ,if I felt there was threat I would not wait for it unarmed as Matty chose that evening on the couch .

Awesome he trains and was able to survive with only several injuries .

Having one of these knives would have ended this attack in the house .

In this case .

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2864719
10/24/18 10:59 AM
hulling, mostly...
S
SurfFuerte Offline
Michael Peterson status
SurfFuerte  Offline
Michael Peterson status
S

hulling, mostly...
shoulda, woulda, coulda.... oh brother.

roscoe jones
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2864720
hulling, mostly...
S
SurfFuerte Offline
Michael Peterson status
SurfFuerte  Offline
Michael Peterson status
S

hulling, mostly...
hope he recovers fully, and the dorks what did this get their and then some.

roscoe jones
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: SurfFuerte] #2864721
10/24/18 11:06 AM
10/24/18 11:06 AM
Palm Coast , Florida
G
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status
Greg Griffin  Offline
Duke status
G

Palm Coast , Florida
" and the dorks what did this get their and then some. "

Good job Hull rider cheers

-------------------------------------------------

Matty will be fine , lots of good days ahead with his family and friends wave2

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: youcantbeserious] #2864849
10/24/18 04:50 PM
10/24/18 04:50 PM
north of the bridge
T
the janitor Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status
the janitor  Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status
T

north of the bridge
My son took Matty to Waialua today to pick up blanks. He is doing better, still a little woozy from the concussion...

Not sure what advice he got on that front, but it's only been a few days and sounds like he got a serious concussion. A dark room with zero stimulus for a few more days would probably do him a world of good. Hope he heals up well.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: the janitor] #2864918
10/24/18 05:35 PM
10/24/18 05:35 PM
Location Location
Y
youcantbeserious Offline
Michael Peterson status
Michael Peterson status
Y

Location Location
Originally Posted By: the janitor
My son took Matty to Waialua today to pick up blanks. He is doing better, still a little woozy from the concussion...

Not sure what advice he got on that front, but it's only been a few days and sounds like he got a serious concussion. A dark room with zero stimulus for a few more days would probably do him a world of good. Hope he heals up well.

Agreed, but braddah got bills to pay and orders to fill. The community is just trying to step up and give him a hand. He doesn't have the luxury of not working for a while, as much of a bummer as that is. And hurt or not he's the type of guy who has a hard time sitting around.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: SurfFuerte] #2864949
10/24/18 06:16 PM
10/24/18 06:16 PM
A Beach
G
grapedrink Offline
Phil Edwards status
grapedrink  Offline
Phil Edwards status
G

A Beach
Originally Posted By: SurfFuerte
hope he recovers fully, and the dorks what did this get their and then some.

If you don’t have a weapon on your body or within easy reach at all times, even within your own home, you risk great bodily harm or death. Worst of all, you risk being Monday Morning Quarterbacked on the interwebs for your lack of preparation.
Cheers to a speedy recovery beer

You forgot it was STOLEN?!
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: youcantbeserious] #2865047
10/24/18 07:31 PM
10/24/18 07:31 PM
Honolulu, Hawaii
R
Racer1 Offline
Phil Edwards status
Racer1  Offline
Phil Edwards status
R

Honolulu, Hawaii

Agreed, but braddah got bills to pay and orders to fill. The community is just trying to step up and give him a hand. He doesn't have the luxury of not working for a while, as much of a bummer as that is. And hurt or not he's the type of guy who has a hard time sitting around.

He's also not the type to take it easy or not work. They guy hustles. I'd still be in the Hospital lol.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Racer1] #2865064
10/24/18 07:59 PM
10/24/18 07:59 PM
LA
B
bird. Offline
Phil Edwards status
bird.  Offline
Phil Edwards status
B

LA
Originally Posted By: Racer1

He's also not the type to take it easy or not work. They guy hustles. I'd still be in the Hospital lol.

Hustle is great, but the longterm effects of traumatic brain injury can be an SOB.

Best of luck to him in his recovery.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: youcantbeserious] #2865172
10/24/18 11:46 PM
10/24/18 11:46 PM
Palm Coast , Florida
G
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status
Greg Griffin  Offline
Duke status
G

Palm Coast , Florida
"Agreed, but braddah got bills to pay and orders to fill. The community is just trying to step up and give him a hand. He doesn't have the luxury of not working for a while, as much of a bummer as that is. And hurt or not he's the type of guy who has a hard time sitting around."

Like I already posted Wade's team can do his production while he is recovering , Matty can take a break and heal for the future .

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2866429
10/27/18 01:55 AM
10/27/18 01:55 AM
R
RWVBWL Offline
Nep status
RWVBWL  Offline
Nep status
R

Stab has an article about Matt Raynor up with a lot of info about the attack:
https://stabmag.com/news/he-stabbed-me-i...-to-the-ground/

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: RWVBWL] #2866441