REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2863404
10/21/18 11:49 PM
10/21/18 11:49 PM
hulling, mostly...
S
SurfFuerte Offline
Michael Peterson status
SurfFuerte  Offline
Michael Peterson status
S

hulling, mostly...
i'm rooting for island justice, if it's anything like your atlantic sister islands those fools end up feeding fish, no sense in wasting a good tweaker.... fish gotta eat too ya know?

roscoe jones
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: SurfFuerte] #2863413
10/22/18 12:04 AM
10/22/18 12:04 AM
Palm Coast , Florida
G
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status
Greg Griffin  Offline
Duke status
G

Palm Coast , Florida
Too many "Fools" to feed the fish .

Get it in the news , Latronics , Guy Hagi, North Shore community rant on Facebook etc and it will have to be taken care of - no matter if someones cousins going to go to jail.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2863482
10/22/18 06:52 AM
10/22/18 06:52 AM
S
slopokecr Offline
Billy Hamilton status
slopokecr  Offline
Billy Hamilton status
S

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2863610
10/22/18 04:02 PM
10/22/18 04:02 PM
R
RWVBWL Offline
Nep status
RWVBWL  Offline
Nep status
R

From the news cast linked above by slopokecr:
Quote:
<snip>
While working in his shed Thursday night, Matty Raynor heard noise coming from the vacant home next door. At some point someone who was at the home threw a beer bottle onto his property.

Raynor called the police, they came, took a report, and left.

It was just kind of a weird and intense evening so I decided to go to sleep on the couch, Raynor said.

His wife and two young daughters were asleep in their rooms; when around midnight, Matty woke up to a stranger in his home shining a flashlight in his face.

I stood up, the light went on me and I couldnt really see very well, but I knew they were coming at me. And the light dropped and when the light dropped I saw someone throwing like a really slow, sloppy punch, Raynor said.
<snip>

I am glad that Matt, his wife, and his daughters are alive still!
Glad too that they are goin' public with their experience, as GG advised!

As I'm a dude who had to pull a knife on a tweek~er who came at me the other mornin' in the pre~dawn' darkness around 6:15 am as I was lookin' over the sea~wall at a beach in L.A. where I like to look for breachin' Great White Sharks, and LAPD did not do shee~it even though I saw them else~where + talked with 'em soon after~wards, well I wonder of this: If you too are awoke by some tweeked~out kook standin' in your livin' room shinin' a bright light on ya, where the F**K was Matt's gun, his knife, his base~ball bat so he could defend not just him~self, but his Family too??? F**Kin' tweek~er's, I woulda easily shot him, you too? Just make sure he is facin' ya, ya dig? mad

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2863633
10/22/18 04:40 PM
10/22/18 04:40 PM
R
RWVBWL Offline
Nep status
RWVBWL  Offline
Nep status
R

After the '92 L.A. Riots,
I used to some~times carry a gun, a mini Colt 380 on me in the old Dog~Town shop I ran.
This was because over the years in my Santa Monica Main Street neighborhood, well the chick who owned a cute clothin' boutique named Ragsby Wolf next door was held up at knife~point 1 fine evenin' as I sat awaitin' customers mere feet away and I spoke with her right afterwards, the folks at Santa Monica Farms next~door were then robbed at gun~point too, the pep's at the ol' Pioneer Boulangerie across the street were robbed by dudes wth shot~guns 1 early morn', and 1 of the night cashiers at Star Liquor, which is right across the street from where The WSL has it's current head~quarters, was held up and was then shot in the head right before Christmas 1 year, even though he gave over the $$$. I got lucky, never robbed, though I had the finger on the trigger, the safety off a few times whilest inside the surf~shop. I do not have my Colt 380 anymore, it is a lame story/oh well. BUT if I wanted to get an excellent pistol for self~protection, this is what I'd get today for self/business/family protection:
Smith & Wesson's M&P 2.0 Compact Handgun: Better Than Glock?
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/smith-wessons-mp-20-compact-handgun-better-glock-29792
Pass it on...
RW

Last edited by RWVBWL; 10/22/18 04:49 PM.
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2863745
10/22/18 06:48 PM
10/22/18 06:48 PM
T
Truth Offline
Miki Dora status
Truth  Offline
Miki Dora status
T

I have never owned a weapon but am always a bit confused when something like this happens and people say they should have had a gun - I agree, but....................

If I have a gun and someone wakes me up, how do I get the gun? If I have kids isn't the gun in a safe that I would have to go unlock?

I am all for blasting away, but unless you are sleeping with gun are you too late?

What's best defense? Dogs?

Thanks

Last edited by Truth; 10/22/18 06:54 PM.
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Truth] #2863747
10/22/18 06:51 PM
10/22/18 06:51 PM
CA
R
rice Offline
Duke status
rice  Offline
Duke status
R

CA
Deadlifts.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Truth] #2863767
10/22/18 07:26 PM
10/22/18 07:26 PM
California/Hawaii
M
Muscles Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
Muscles  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
M

California/Hawaii
Originally Posted By: Truth
I have never owned a weapon but am always a bit confused when something like this happens and people say they should have had a gun - I agree, but....................

If I have a gun and someone wakes me up, how do I get the gun? If I have kids isn't the gun in a safe that I would have to go unlock?

I am all for blasting away, but unless you are sleeping with gun are you too late?

Thanks

The honest answer is probably dogs that will bark and awake you. Anyone who says that a gun would have helped in this situation is living in a fantasy land. I love guns and own multiple for sport and self defense. But unless you're completely unhinged you're not going to be sleeping on your couch with a glock in your waistband while your wife and kids sleep upstairs.

I keep my guns in a child proof safe that is out of reach. Realistically, my two dogs would freak out if anyone tried to open the door in the middle of the night at which point I could choose to grab my gun if someone continued trying to enter my house. But without something giving you prior warning that someone is trying to enter your house there is not much you can do.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Truth] #2863772
10/22/18 07:28 PM
10/22/18 07:28 PM
S
surfy1476 Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
surfy1476  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
S

Thanks

Probably wouldn't have helped in this case because he was on the couch and wouldn't have been able to get there in time. In general I would say don't let it get to the point where you need your gun. Deterrence and more secured home.

Last edited by surfy1476; 10/22/18 07:29 PM.
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2863780
10/22/18 07:33 PM
10/22/18 07:33 PM
Kaimukisia
S
SenorBlues Offline
Grom
SenorBlues  Offline
Grom
S

Kaimukisia
Crazy update!!! Turns out Matty fucked the first guy up so badly the guy's in a coma. They found one of his missing teeth in Matt's yard and it's a match to the guy in the hospital. That means the guy who hit him with the paver and knocked him out had to have taken his unconscious partner to the hospital.

"If you stumble, make it part of the dance."
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2863782
10/22/18 07:35 PM
10/22/18 07:35 PM
R
rts265 Online content
Miki Dora status
rts265  Online Content
Miki Dora status
R

Does Matt trane?

Pulling for the Raynors here!

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Muscles] #2863784
10/22/18 07:37 PM
10/22/18 07:37 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Online sick
Duke status
ifallalot  Online Sick
Duke status
I

HB, CA
Originally Posted By: Muscles

Thanks

The honest answer is probably dogs that will bark and awake you. Anyone who says that a gun would have helped in this situation is living in a fantasy land. I love guns and own multiple for sport and self defense. But unless you're completely unhinged you're not going to be sleeping on your couch with a glock in your waistband while your wife and kids sleep upstairs.

I keep my guns in a child proof safe that is out of reach. Realistically, my two dogs would freak out if anyone tried to open the door in the middle of the night at which point I could choose to grab my gun if someone continued trying to enter my house. But without something giving you prior warning that someone is trying to enter your house there is not much you can do.

Muscles is correct

MUELLER IS COMING batman
Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: Coat Hanger] #2863789
10/22/18 07:39 PM
10/22/18 07:39 PM
san diego, CA
O
obslop Offline
Phil Edwards status
obslop  Offline
Phil Edwards status
O

san diego, CA
wow. skimming that story it sounds like local police on Oahu are INCOMPETENT at best and work for the criminals in a worst case scenario.

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: obslop] #2863792
10/22/18 07:42 PM
10/22/18 07:42 PM
California/Hawaii
M
Muscles Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
Muscles  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
M

California/Hawaii
Originally Posted By: obslop
wow. skimming that story it sounds like local police on Oahu are INCOMPETENT at best and work for the criminals in a worst case scenario.

Why not both?

Re: Matty Raynor Home Invasion [Re: SenorBlues] #2863793
10/22/18 07:44 PM
10/22/18 07:44 PM
San Francisco, CA
M
Mr Doof Offline
Duke status
Mr Doof  Offline
Duke status
M

San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted By: SenorBlues
Crazy update!!! Turns out Matty fucked the first guy up so badly the guy's in a coma. They found one of his missing teeth in Matt's yard and it's a match to the guy in the hospital. That means the guy who hit him with the paver and knocked him out had to have taken his unconscious partner to the hospital.

It is uncommon for a fellow thief/thug to help out a fellow thief/thug for the average B&E.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32