REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >
View All Topics Index
#2862078 - 10/19/18 01:56 AM Re: POLL: How many of you believe Earth is not flat? [Re: littlewave]
goingout Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Originally Posted By: littlewave
Originally Posted By: goingout
Originally Posted By: littlewave
Originally Posted By: goingout
Originally Posted By: test_article
Part of the problem is that there is no point in this universe that has been conclusively identified as stationary. Any motion is relative to the motion of something else, even though I'm sitting motionless as I type this...relatively.

Yet, we have no reason to doubt Einstein when he stated that any object approaching the speed of light is also approaching infinite length. An object of infinite length would be motionless, wouldn't it?

Oh bother, so many opposing truths!

And there is no proof that the spherical shaped earth is rotating at approx. 1000 mph at the equator.

There is no proof that this is happening.

And there are many reasons to doubt Einstein, his theories are flawed.

Try look up stuff they don't teach you about.

The Michelson-Morley Experiment
The Michelson-Gale Experiment
"Aireys failure"
The Sagnac Experiment

....I am goingoutside now.....the sun has gone down...and it's gonna rise in the morning.....

Foucault's pendulum? Probably just invisible gnomes pushing the pendulum bit by bit.

What, exactly, do you think Sagnac proves (or disproves)?

https://www.geocentricity.com/ba1/no113/Scientific%20Reconsideration%20of%20geocentricity.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWmlimH7laY ( lenght 8 min.)

http://geocen.blogspot.com/2013/07/foucault-pendulum.html

http://geocen.blogspot.com/ Scroll down to Dec. 26th post for FP.

I no can put stuff up too good, to to find this information, just internet search :

" Geocentricity and Foucault's Pendulum " and " Geocentricity - Sagnac Effect "

....I am goingoutside now....I got to hang some more laundry...and I got 4 more loads to do....

roflmao
I don't know why I even engaged. Thanks for not answering my questions!

Your questions : #1 " Foucault's pendulum? "

#2 " ...Sagnac proves (or disproves)?

I supplied 3 sources of information that generally answers these 2 questions from a Geocentric
viewpoint. I was answering your questions with this supplied information. Hope you like reading!
By the way, you never said "how" you wanted me to answer your questions...

What, you don't like the idea of a static earth?

Do you want to be famous? You can be famous you know?

All you have to do is SHOW proof the earth is moving.

You like try? Go for it bro! If you pull it off you will be....famous!

You sure you like try? You sure, you sure?

....I am goingoutside now.... gonna take a look up into the night sky...and watch the stars move....

#2862126 - 10/19/18 09:19 AM Re: POLL: How many of you believe Earth is not flat? [Re: bird.]
Bohter Offline
Billy Hamilton status

Originally Posted By: bird.
Originally Posted By: Bohter
Duuuude...
Who said it was a flat spinning disk?
Flat and stationary....wheels in da sky!
Keep on turning....

Why do you so badly want to believe the earth is the center of the universe?

Assume much?
All we know is it's not a spinning ball covered with water gyrating thru the infinite vacuum of space.

#2862127 - 10/19/18 09:21 AM Re: POLL: How many of you believe Earth is not flat? [Re: grapedrink]
Bohter Offline
Billy Hamilton status

Originally Posted By: grapedrink
Quote:
Ever walk around your block?
...is your neighborhood a globe too?

Still waiting for your explanation for how a flight from the east coast of the USA to Asia is 14 hours, yet flying in a straight line from the east to west coast, then on to Asia takes 3.5 more hours wave2

So many questions...so little time...
Why don't you start by explaining how this proves the shape of the earth...more detail please. It's early and I'm not awake yet.

#2862140 - 10/19/18 09:57 AM Re: POLL: How many of you believe Earth is not flat? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
kelpcutter Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

...so little time...? What's the matter, YouTube research fail you? Happy Trolling.

@casa_margarita: Careful what you ask for,

You can't win an argument with a moran.

#2862194 - 10/19/18 11:26 AM Re: POLL: How many of you believe Earth is not flat? [Re: TalksCheap]
Driftcoast Offline
Michael Peterson status

Originally Posted By: TalksCheap
When have you ever seen water bend? water always finds its level. and the earth is made of over 75% water...

The boneheaded Neanderthals come out of the closet when they're sense of self is under assault from human advancement. You guys should go back to worshiping magic crystals and venerate objects that remind you of your mom's uterus then at least you'd have more history on your side.

Oh, here are three great photos of water "bending":

#2862212 - 10/19/18 11:53 AM Re: POLL: How many of you believe Earth is not flat? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
shitbird Offline
Grom

It's a conspiracy. Now that we have a Foil forum, do you guys think we should get a Flat Earth one too?

#2862221 - 10/19/18 11:59 AM Re: POLL: How many of you believe Earth is not flat? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
sizzld1 Online   content
Miki Dora status

Loc: Here
Bohter, assuming claims regarding the size and spherical shape of the Earth are true, how much do think the Earth curves per mile? Based on some of your earlier observations regarding what you are/are not able to see at a distance, I'm thinking your numbers may be a bit (read: wildly) off. shrug

Your Point Reyes from OB claims are a good example. Point Reyes is about 20 miles from OB as a crow flies. The lighthouse there is about 35 feet tall and sits on a headland about 300 feet above the Pacific (according to a quick google search). From another quick google search, it seems Globers believe that the earth curves approximately 8-inches per mile. In other words, about 15 feet over a span of twenty miles. So yes, the lighthouse can be seen from OB absent fog or other atmospheric conditions obscuring it. Where are you getting your numbers when claiming there should be more than 400 feet of curve in a twenty-mile span? Better yet, where does this claim come from: "Hidden height at 31 miles from 25 ft camera height is just over 400'." shrug

Edited by sizzld1 (10/19/18 02:26 PM)

#2862296 - 10/19/18 01:12 PM Re: POLL: How many of you believe Earth is not flat? [Re: Bohter]
grapedrink Online   happy
Phil Edwards status

Loc: A Beach
Originally Posted By: grapedrink
Quote:
Ever walk around your block?
...is your neighborhood a globe too?

Still waiting for your explanation for how a flight from the east coast of the USA to Asia is 14 hours, yet flying in a straight line from the east to west coast, then on to Asia takes 3.5 more hours wave2

So many questions...so little time...
Why don't you start by explaining how this proves the shape of the earth...more detail please. It's early and I'm not awake yet.

You were questioning the flight paths that go over the Aleutians as proof of the flat earth, not me trout wave2

#2862337 - 10/19/18 01:57 PM Re: POLL: How many of you believe Earth is not flat? [Re: Bohter]
bird. Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: LA
Originally Posted By: bird.
Duuuude...
Who said it was a flat spinning disk?
Flat and stationary....wheels in da sky!
Keep on turning....

Why do you so badly want to believe the earth is the center of the universe?

Assume much?
All we know is it's not a spinning ball covered with water gyrating thru the infinite vacuum of space.

When you're not posting flat earth nonsense on the erBB, how much of your time is spent at church?

#2862393 - 10/19/18 04:27 PM Re: POLL: How many of you believe Earth is not flat? [Re: sizzld1]
SBSteve Offline
Miki Dora status

Everyone listen...
STOP FEEDING THE TROLL foreheadslap

#2862688 - 10/20/18 10:25 AM Re: POLL: How many of you believe Earth is not flat? [Re: sizzld1]
Bohter Offline
Billy Hamilton status

Originally Posted By: sizzld1
Bohter, assuming claims regarding the size and spherical shape of the Earth are true, how much do think the Earth curves per mile? Based on some of your earlier observations regarding what you are/are not able to see at a distance, I'm thinking your numbers may be a bit (read: wildly) off. shrug

Your Point Reyes from OB claims are a good example. Point Reyes is about 20 miles from OB as a crow flies. The lighthouse there is about 35 feet tall and sits on a headland about 300 feet above the Pacific (according to a quick google search). From another quick google search, it seems Globers believe that the earth curves approximately 8-inches per mile. In other words, about 15 feet over a span of twenty miles. So yes, the lighthouse can be seen from OB absent fog or other atmospheric conditions obscuring it. Where are you getting your numbers when claiming there should be more than 400 feet of curve in a twenty-mile span? Better yet, where does this claim come from: "Hidden height at 31 miles from 25 ft camera height is just over 400'." shrug

Orange photo....the one with the Superior Mirage above Pt. Reyes...
The lighthouse light's elevation is 265'.....Google it.
The peaks to the right 612' and 552'.....Topozone...
Camera height is like 15'....educated guess....
Distance to lighthouse ~31 miles....from OB parking lot...Google maps...
Hidden height or drop at that distance and camera height is right at 460 ft....Maths....
Horizon at 4.7 miles.....Maths...

There are many on-line calculators for this that are accurate for a sphere of 3959 mile r.
Here's one...
https://dizzib.github.io/earth/curve-calc/?d0=31&h0=15&unit=imperial

7.98 inches per mile ^2 is an approximate hidden height equation but does not take into account camera height. If it was 8 inches per mile we'd be describing a slope....not a curve.

Why think when you can know?

Edited by Bohter (10/20/18 10:27 AM)

#2864049 - 10/23/18 12:23 AM Re: POLL: How many of you believe Earth is not flat? [Re: Driftcoast]
TalksCheap Offline
Grom

Originally Posted By: Driftcoast
Originally Posted By: TalksCheap
When have you ever seen water bend? water always finds its level. and the earth is made of over 75% water...

The boneheaded Neanderthals come out of the closet when they're sense of self is under assault from human advancement. You guys should go back to worshiping magic crystals and venerate objects that remind you of your mom's uterus then at least you'd have more history on your side.

Oh, here are three great photos of water "bending":

The last one is photoshop. So we can disregard that one immediately...

And yes, those are very nice photos of water "bending" you got me there. But how does that prove a water bending around a ball? When I said "bending" I meant around a sphere or ball... It runs off of it. Now try throwing the ball 67,000 mph with 1000mph of spin on it (to mimic the earths supposed rotation and orbit). You think that water is going to stick to it? not for a second.

The formula for curvature on earth is 8" per mile SQUARED. This is given to us from science. Just try to measure it. So that's only 8" at the first mile, but it adds up quick because its a curve... So that 2.6 feet at 2 miles, and 6 feet at 3 miles, 10.6 feet at 4 miles, 16.6 feet at 5 miles!

Look out at Catalina on a clear day, that's 22 miles from North OC. That should be 322 feet of curvature according to the formula that science has provided. But you can clearly see the isthmus gradually come down to sea level and rise back up.. It should look like 2 separate peaks if there were 322 feet of curvature between us and catalina.

Look i'm not quite a full believer in all things "flat-earth" BUT I am saying this 'globe' model we've been taught since we were kids isn't fully adding up. I was just like you and everyone else, I fully bought into the globe model my whole life. It wasn't till recently that I started questioning things. Look into it man, do some research, try some experiments and measurements. Lot of things we've been told aren't adding up.

#2864053 - 10/23/18 12:31 AM Re: POLL: How many of you believe Earth is not flat? [Re: sizzld1]
TalksCheap Offline
Grom

Originally Posted By: sizzld1

Your formula is off... It's 8" per mile Squared. 8" x 20 miles (squared) is 8 x 20 x 20.. That's 3200 inches... divided by 12 = 266.6 feet

#2864055 - 10/23/18 12:34 AM Re: POLL: How many of you believe Earth is not flat? [Re: TalksCheap]
grapedrink Online   happy
Phil Edwards status

Loc: A Beach
Quote:
Look i'm not quite a full believer in all things "flat-earth" BUT I am saying this 'globe' model we've been taught since we were kids isn't fully adding up

roflmao

#2864127 - 10/23/18 09:10 AM Re: POLL: How many of you believe Earth is not flat? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

Loc: Kek Point
BOHTER DON'T SURF

"Lots of trigger points up the pooper.
If they are causing the problem, realeasing them will help
I tried to talk my PT into doing it." -Autoprax

Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32