REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2856910 - 10/07/18 08:31 PM Re: Why did kneeboarding pretty much disappear??? [Re: tenover]
keenfish Offline
Duke status

Loc: Trona

Kids! Throw them to the gorillas! ~Autoprax

#2856911 - 10/07/18 08:34 PM Re: Why did kneeboarding pretty much disappear??? [Re: keenfish]
keenfish Offline
Duke status

#2856912 - 10/07/18 08:37 PM Re: Why did kneeboarding pretty much disappear??? [Re: keenfish]
keenfish Offline
Duke status

Looks like fun to me. shaka

#2856925 - 10/07/18 09:09 PM Re: Why did kneeboarding pretty much disappear??? [Re: keenfish]
CharmingSophisticate Offline
Duke status

Loc: In Gods Country
Ever get any of Tom Backer? I think he was more of an HB guy, fun to watch especially in smaller stuff which is odd. As anyone that has ever seen more than a few kneeriders can attest, some guys- while I'm sure they're having fun, look absolutely horrific.

#2856930 - 10/07/18 09:14 PM Re: Why did kneeboarding pretty much disappear??? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
laidback Offline
Kelly Slater status

Loc: NOC
As they stall these guys are able to push down on the front of their boards, gets them right back into the wave...at least that's what the cool 55/60year old kids are doing these days

#2856932 - 10/07/18 09:32 PM Re: Why did kneeboarding pretty much disappear??? [Re: SenorSopa]
npsp Offline
Billy Hamilton status

Loc: down the hill and to the right
Originally Posted By: SenorSopa
Originally Posted By: npsp
Originally Posted By: Truth
Originally Posted By: CharmingSophisticate
Originally Posted By: Truth
kneeboarders get barreled
i liked surfing with them when waves got big in winter - a few guys still left
but thank god fuckn Tom is gone!!!
I don't know why the fcuk he was like that. He never did it to me and we always got on well so I never called him on it.

tom snaked me once....... once....... beer

Dogman was legendary!! So many people are so happy he moved to PPK land. Endless Tom stories... Probably the most hated guy ever and there's been some doozies over the years. Thank god he was mostly a south peak guy so I didn't have to deal with him as much as some of you other guys.

Regarding the topic, Casa hit most of the points. It's like the debate in the design forum regarding feel vs looks. I've seen video and pictures of myself and I know what feels good does not always look good.
In the end who cares Fall is here and we are off to a not so bad start.

Is Dogman the same as "Running Man"? That guy was a plague, always paddle 10 yards deeper, no matter what. I just started burning him if he didn't want to rotate, which was always. Fook that guy, and from the stories I've heard about Dogman, fook both those guys.

Maybe the same but not sure... Dogman rode red Pendo'd out Barto's and always wore a surf cap. To give perspective, Dogman was worse than the Herder and Sterns rolled together. For a while I seemed to be on the same schedule as Tom so we shared the line up a lot and I was front row for too many altercations to count. Got many distraction sets because of this.

Edited by npsp (10/07/18 09:36 PM)

#2856935 - 10/07/18 09:44 PM Re: Why did kneeboarding pretty much disappear??? [Re: npsp]
CharmingSophisticate Offline
Duke status

Loc: In Gods Country
Originally Posted By: SenorSopa
[quote=Truth][quote=CharmingSophisticate]

Dogman was legendary!! So many people are so happy he moved to PPK land. Endless Tom stories... Probably the most hated guy ever and there's been some doozies over the years. Thank god he was mostly a south peak guy so I didn't have to deal with him as much as some of you other guys.

Regarding the topic, Casa hit most of the points. It's like the debate in the design forum regarding feel vs looks. I've seen video and pictures of myself and I know what feels good does not always look good.
In the end who cares Fall is here and we are off to a not so bad start.

Is Dogman the same as "Running Man"? That guy was a plague, always paddle 10 yards deeper, no matter what. I just started burning him if he didn't want to rotate, which was always. Fook that guy, and from the stories I've heard about Dogman, fook both those guys.

Maybe the same but not sure... Dogman rode red Pendo'd out Barto's and always wore a surf cap. To give perspective, Dogman was worse than the Herder and Sterns rolled together. For a while I seemed to be on the same schedule as Tom so we shared the line up a lot and I was front row for too many altercations to count. Got many distraction sets because of this.
I'm surprised that the brazzo's never cornered him on the way back up the road.

#2856945 - 10/07/18 10:18 PM Re: Why did kneeboarding pretty much disappear??? [Re: CharmingSophisticate]
bsnyder Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Oceanside Ca.
Been building one or two a week lately. From my perspective, it is back. Back in the day, they were often looked down upon. Today, there are far worse wave riders in our lineups (SUPs).

Made one for myself just so I can further my Kneeboard designs. Having fun!

"Stay dusty my friend."

barrysnyderdesigns.com
@barrysnyderdesigns

#2856959 - 10/07/18 11:36 PM Re: Why did kneeboarding pretty much disappear??? [Re: keenfish]
silentbutdeadly Offline
Duke status

Loc: Tower 13
Sick shots Keen!

#2856960 - 10/07/18 11:42 PM Re: Why did kneeboarding pretty much disappear??? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
JEwing Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: Carlsbad, California USA

#2856980 - 10/08/18 07:21 AM Re: Why did kneeboarding pretty much disappear??? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
GromsDad Offline
Duke status

Loc: West of the Atlantic. East of...
Here is the picture. Rider is Bill Sharp and the photo is by Mike Moir taken in Newport Beach. Picture appeared in the book Surfing The Ultimate Pleasure. Picture likely from 82 or 83. Appears to be a G&S logo on the board.

This is a bad day for the news media. Lets not kid ourselves, Toobin said on CNN. The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and theyre willing to lie to do it.

#2856991 - 10/08/18 09:07 AM Re: Why did kneeboarding pretty much disappear??? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
Bonzer5Fin Offline
Duke status

Loc: Moon
If you don't know who Lis is, well, that's pretty sad.

"all your sisters belong to me." -- subway

#2857010 - 10/08/18 10:58 AM Re: Why did kneeboarding pretty much disappear??? [Re: GromsDad]
GWS Offline
Duke status

Loc: done
Originally Posted By: GromsDad
Here is the picture. Rider is Bill Sharp and the photo is by Mike Moir taken in Newport Beach. Picture appeared in the book Surfing The Ultimate Pleasure. Picture likely from 82 or 83. Appears to be a G&S logo on the board.

Ha!

I surfed with Bill on my college team in the NSSA. Back when dinosaurs roamed the beach and we still thought longboarders were extinct. He used to lurk around here.

And that picture of the airborne drop at a certain La Jolla reef. As a regular foot attempting to occasionally sneak out there at dawn and snag a few, when Huffman and the rest of that crew showed up, it was time to get out of the water. Critical takeoffs from further back kind of left them in charge. That takeoff snaps quick.

When I was a teenager this older friend of mine was my Baja ride. He was a kneeboarder. He ripped. Some of the guys know kind of go up on their knees and swing their arms to try and pump some speed in crappy surf. Older style was more hands on the outside rails and looked way cleaner. Some guys used to put rope handles out on the rails. This was pre leash. They could pull into stuff and stay with it and just hang on to the handle and turn into the wave face and force them out the back with ease.

#2857013 - 10/08/18 11:03 AM Re: Why did kneeboarding pretty much disappear??? [Re: Bonzer5Fin]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

Loc: Kek Point
Originally Posted By: Bonzer5Fin
If you don't know who Lis is, well, that's pretty sad.

This

"Lots of trigger points up the pooper.
If they are causing the problem, realeasing them will help
I tried to talk my PT into doing it." -Autoprax

#2857022 - 10/08/18 11:24 AM Re: Why did kneeboarding pretty much disappear??? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
SlicedFeet Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Swarm Diego

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32