REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2844704 - 09/10/18 04:40 PM Re: Can anyone explain WHY anyone uses FCS fins over Futures??? [Re: GDaddy]
Sharkbiscuit Online   content
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Jacksonville Beach
Originally Posted By: GDaddy
The trick with Future quad sets for bigger guys (say, over 180#) is to get the full sized box for the rears and set them at the same distance from the rail. Then you can use the SB1 longboard sidebite or any of the thruster side fins for your rears.

This was why 20W50 was telling me to sand down the bottom of the base of the fin.

#2844706 - 09/10/18 04:43 PM Re: Can anyone explain WHY anyone uses FCS fins over Futures??? [Re: Greg Griffin]
Havoc4k Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: in da hood next to paradise
Originally Posted By: Greg Griffin
Tricks , mixing systems - trying to get it correct .

You all have been sold , 12 years of Quads this time around and everyone is still guessing and searching .

4 fins can work Really well for pretty much everyone .

greg whats the best system in your opinion? i saw u can uze fcs2 boxes with yo finz correct? that would be reason enuff alone to use fcs2

I think Tomo is with firewire for more than just money. He helped them developed the LFT tech. I think he sincerely believes in the tech -deforest

I think the USA "made in america" board builders "marketing" gimmick falls more inline with a cult than the firewire following -deforest

#2845337 - 09/12/18 01:56 PM Re: Can anyone explain WHY anyone uses FCS fins over Futures??? [Re: Havoc4k]
manjushri Offline
Billy Hamilton status

Loc: +62
Future's models are overloaded with carbon, they feel stiff, work great in slop I am sure.

More variety of flex patterns with FCS. If you go in a shop where they are all on display and feel the flex of them all, the Futures feel the same, with same materials. Looking at the website tho there's some I haven't seen that look good, not sure about the new full carbon wrap thing they are pushing. Sounds rigid.

The FCS2 box holds the length of the fin in snug. The toe entry point (same as Futures), the rear tab with spring-ball lock, affixing the fin to the board at the center of its base. Then the grub screw out the back. One North Shore underground shaper/ripper I know uses even both the grub screws on his.

There's something to be said for that spring lock, it connects that sh!t together solid like nothing else. There's a lot of energy at the spring-ball contact point, coming up from the board spreading into the base of the fin.

Last thing: Future's guys trying to convert others, attempting to indoctrinate non-believers. Even the shop guys do it. Lolz.

If they ever are available I will purchase a set of Griffin twins with FCS2 tabs.

#2845463 - 09/12/18 06:47 PM Re: Can anyone explain WHY anyone uses FCS fins over Futures??? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
92122 Offline
Gerry Lopez status

I just cant get into the spring loaded FCS2's and never plan to buy to buy a board with FCS again as the difference in templates wouldn't be enough to make a difference for me.

#2845523 - 09/12/18 08:58 PM Re: Can anyone explain WHY anyone uses FCS fins over Futures??? [Re: manjushri]
nightfly Online   content
Michael Peterson status

Originally Posted By: manjushri
Future's models are overloaded with carbon, they feel stiff, work great in slop I am sure.

Have you ever felt a set of Blackstix?

A lot of Future fins come in blackstix versions and they are very flexible.

Also you can get a lot of Futures fins in pure fiberglass from True Ames and others.

So while there might be other differentiating factors, there is a lot of variety in fins you can get in Futures, flex wise. From Futures themselves and others.

#2845599 - 09/13/18 12:34 AM Re: Can anyone explain WHY anyone uses FCS fins over Futures??? [Re: nightfly]
20W-50 and blood Offline
Duke status

Loc: SOCAL
Originally Posted By: nightfly

Have you ever felt a set of Blackstix?

A lot of Future fins come in blackstix versions and they are very flexible.

Also you can get a lot of Futures fins in pure fiberglass from True Ames and others.

So while there might be other differentiating factors, there is a lot of variety in fins you can get in Futures, flex wise. From Futures themselves and others.

carbon? hell...i prefer futures...and that sh!t in thsoe fins aint anyting close to the stiffness actual carbon woudl give.

#2845688 - 09/13/18 10:36 AM Re: Can anyone explain WHY anyone uses FCS fins over Futures??? [Re: manjushri]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

Loc: Kek Point

More variety of flex patterns with FCS. If you go in a shop where they are all on display and feel the flex of them all, the Futures feel the same, with same materials. Looking at the website tho there's some I haven't seen that look good, not sure about the new full carbon wrap thing they are pushing. Sounds rigid.

The FCS2 box holds the length of the fin in snug. The toe entry point (same as Futures), the rear tab with spring-ball lock, affixing the fin to the board at the center of its base. Then the grub screw out the back. One North Shore underground shaper/ripper I know uses even both the grub screws on his.

There's something to be said for that spring lock, it connects that sh!t together solid like nothing else. There's a lot of energy at the spring-ball contact point, coming up from the board spreading into the base of the fin.

Last thing: Future's guys trying to convert others, attempting to indoctrinate non-believers. Even the shop guys do it. Lolz.

If they ever are available I will purchase a set of Griffin twins with FCS2 tabs.

False.

Futures have a wide variety of flex patterns.

"Lots of trigger points up the pooper.
If they are causing the problem, realeasing them will help
I tried to talk my PT into doing it." -Autoprax

#2845690 - 09/13/18 10:40 AM Re: Can anyone explain WHY anyone uses FCS fins over Futures??? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
CCKeith Offline
Nep status

FCS is for suckers its the worst fin quality ever created. Shop kid was telling me how some come predamaged.

#2845694 - 09/13/18 11:03 AM Re: Can anyone explain WHY anyone uses FCS fins over Futures??? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
retodd Offline
Duke status

Well this this thread has proven that fcs lovers are not the sharpest tools in the shed

#2845697 - 09/13/18 11:07 AM Re: Can anyone explain WHY anyone uses FCS fins over Futures??? [Re: retodd]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

Loc: Kek Point
At $125 is PC their top of the line fin construction?

Feels like each fin needs to be individually padded for transport.

I haven't even surfed them yet and one of them got damaged just being in my backpack with a few other sets of fins.

Feels like hitting a rock would cause them to explode.

"Lots of trigger points up the pooper.
If they are causing the problem, realeasing them will help
I tried to talk my PT into doing it." -Autoprax

#2845698 - 09/13/18 11:15 AM Re: Can anyone explain WHY anyone uses FCS fins over Futures??? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
Waterlogged05 Online   content
Legend (inyourownmind)

Casa, last year I went to Costa Rica and forgot my fins...
Had to bite the bullet and buy some.
100 bucks for a pair of Channel Islands FCS 2 tab.
WTF
First session hit a rock and had a big ding on one of my fins.
fooking a.

Worst part of the whole ordeal...They were too small. My dumbass got the Small size instead of the Medium and was sliding around like a fooking skimboard.
RRREEEEEEe

#2845732 - 09/13/18 12:19 PM Re: Can anyone explain WHY anyone uses FCS fins over Futures??? [Re: Waterlogged05]
rowjimmytour Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Rbeach
Fcs fusion plugs with Fins Unlimited glass fins on all but one board which has honeycomb Future set of Stretch f4 red set still in prime cheers

#2846162 - 09/14/18 03:14 AM Re: Can anyone explain WHY anyone uses FCS fins over Futures??? [Re: Waterlogged05]
Bud Offline
Nep status

Loc: Oahu
Originally Posted By: Waterlogged05
Casa, last year I went to Costa Rica and forgot my fins...
Had to bite the bullet and buy some.
100 bucks for a pair of Channel Islands FCS 2 tab.
WTF
First session hit a rock and had a big ding on one of my fins.
fooking a.

Worst part of the whole ordeal...They were too small. My dumbass got the Small size instead of the Medium and was sliding around like a fooking skimboard.
RRREEEEEEe

Sounds like operator error than any particular issue with FCS.

Unless you're saying Futures would not have been dinged when hitting a rock

#2846164 - 09/14/18 04:01 AM Re: Can anyone explain WHY anyone uses FCS fins over Futures??? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
Clamsmasha Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: Nar
Hmm, leaving home on a surf trip without fins, buying a size too small AND hitting a rock. Sounds like the fault of those capitalist fat cats on Wall Street LOLOLOLOL

Anyways,
nobody has to buy FCS or Futures factory issue crap. And bothe companies do make some overpriced crap. Yes FCS pc is crap, but how about those Alpha black plastic turds? Not top end Ill grant you, but a bit of a pi$$ take for the price.

There are plenty of choices out there now. Im on a Soar and S-wings bender.....with......

(TRIGGER WARNING)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

FCS bases

And I know most of the guys here have more choices than I do locally...

So I guess what Im saying is there are pros and cons, so do what makes you happy. Either way it doesnt add inches to your dick.

#2846223 - 09/14/18 09:24 AM Re: Can anyone explain WHY anyone uses FCS fins over Futures??? [Re: Clamsmasha]
ghostshaper Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: 1134
roflmao

So thankful for people like clammy (don't think anymore exist)

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >