REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2815675 - 06/30/18 05:49 AM fred rubble vs pyzel shortcut/ghost
headcreeps Offline
Grom

Is there a reason (other than being a kook) why a custom Pyzel Shortcut 6'2, 19"1/2, 2"1/2, 32.1 liters (similar to a Ghost I suppose) would be so much easier to catch waves than a stock Fred Rubble 6'2", 19"5/8, 2"1/2, 31.6 liters?

The dims are almost the same, Rubble is even a little wider, both have the volume pushed forward, but I struggle to paddle into waves with the Rubble.

Once on the wave, Ill admit that the Rubble is a lot sharper, more performance focused.

But while this Pyzel is my go-to travelling board for good waves, fast, reliable, gets on the wave early, I was hoping the Rubble would be a good alternative/backup but for some reason it feels slow paddling/droping in.

Any insight as to why? Don't know if I should sell it or put more time into it.

#2815684 - 06/30/18 07:21 AM Re: fred rubble vs pyzel shortcut/ghost [Re: headcreeps]
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status

Maybe more entry rocker on rubble

#2815724 - 06/30/18 10:37 AM Re: fred rubble vs pyzel shortcut/ghost [Re: headcreeps]
Duffy Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Your moms house
More width under the chest of the shortcut, lower entry rocker.

Just put the boards together and look at where the foam is.

Also 1/2 liter more foam.

Is the shortcut a quad and the Rubble a tri? Ive found that the same board will get planing quicker as a quad than a tri (or its all in my head).

Edited by Duffy (06/30/18 10:39 AM)

- The Wasp

#2815730 - 06/30/18 11:05 AM Re: fred rubble vs pyzel shortcut/ghost [Re: headcreeps]
Havoc4k Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: in da hood next to paradise
monsta box

I think Tomo is with firewire for more than just money. He helped them developed the LFT tech. I think he sincerely believes in the tech -deforest

I think the USA "made in america" board builders "marketing" gimmick falls more inline with a cult than the firewire following -deforest

#2825464 - 07/24/18 01:34 PM Re: fred rubble vs pyzel shortcut/ghost [Re: headcreeps]
mach113 Offline
Grom

I find that Pyzel's are probably 0.5 - 1.0 liter more buoyant than other brands (js, ci, hs). So maybe that's why the Pyzel seems to paddle so much better than the rubble.

#2825520 - 07/24/18 03:30 PM Re: fred rubble vs pyzel shortcut/ghost [Re: headcreeps]
Racer1 Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Ghost entry rocker is much lower than Rubble, so you're going to paddle faster on the Ghost.

#2825530 - 07/24/18 04:08 PM Re: fred rubble vs pyzel shortcut/ghost [Re: headcreeps]
paunch23 Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, D...
similar experience w/ a stubby bastard (pu). when i first got it, i was like, "whoa this things kinda small."
paddles better than other bigger eps boards i have. def would try another pyzel in the future.