REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
Page 38 of 43 < 1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 42 43 >
View All Topics Index
#2819611 - 07/10/18 07:17 PM Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: frvcvs]
FecalFace Offline
Duke status

Loc: down der by the harbor
Sick. smile2

That's the beauty of gravel bikes, you can ride them from your doorstep to your MTB trails, hit some single track maybe add some fire road miles, then roady back home. It's the most versatile bike.

Plus, because it's sketchy on technical terrain, it makes your old MTB trails feel new again. New lines etc.

If you haven't already, get some tubeless tires for sure, so much better.
Like, WTB Nano

#2819617 - 07/10/18 08:11 PM Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: FecalFace]
frvcvs Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: FecalFace
Sick. smile2

That's the beauty of gravel bikes, you can ride them from your doorstep to your MTB trails, hit some single track maybe add some fire road miles, then roady back home. It's the most versatile bike.

Plus, because it's sketchy on technical terrain, it makes your old MTB trails feel new again. New lines etc.

If you haven't already, get some tubeless tires for sure, so much better.
Like, WTB Nano

Already put some schwalbes on. Thats what the shop had. After going UST on my MTB I never want tubes again.

"I've been against every Trump/Republican policy implemented and expressed it here." - Caca_Mugrienta

#2819717 - 07/11/18 06:59 AM Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: rice]
Peter1 Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Originally Posted By: rice
Originally Posted By: Autoprax
Do you guys wear the bike costume?

That's a deal breaker for me.

I did not for years, but now I do almost all the time. So nice/fast/comfortable/dry/warm...

I'm averaging 90 mi/week.

Serious cycling clothes are a "costume" the way a wetsuit is. A nice thick chamois pad makes for a comfy day in the saddle, and a wicking top with zipper and rear pockets for phone/food etc is essential. And don't forget the delights of arm warmers.

Now, of course, there are rules -- do not wear matching team kit unless that team is employing you to race for them. Do not wear white lycra shorts. Bibs are cool. Sunglass arms go OUTSIDE of the helmet straps. Mid-thigh length shorts ==> no.

Edited by Peter1 (07/11/18 06:59 AM)

#2819718 - 07/11/18 07:07 AM Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: k00karacha]
LelandCuz Offline
Nep status

Loc: Lahaina
^2 corrections: On many MTB helmets the strap exits very wide and goes over sunglasses. Girls look very nice in shorter inseam shorts in non-black colors.

#2819780 - 07/11/18 10:33 AM Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: k00karacha]
Autoprax Online   content
Duke status

Loc: Vagina Point

What is it that attracts people to a costume?

I am so anti costume. I have always been.

It's genetic.

I'm kind of beast too so . . . .

#2819798 - 07/11/18 10:58 AM Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: Peter1]
rice Offline
Duke status

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: Peter1

Serious cycling clothes are a "costume" the way a wetsuit is. A nice thick chamois pad makes for a comfy day in the saddle, and a wicking top with zipper and rear pockets for phone/food etc is essential. And don't forget the delights of arm warmers.

So much all this.

I rebelled and rode a ton in regular, cotton clothes for probably 7 years. foreheadslap

The thing that finally pushed me over the edge was the 35 degree winter mornings. Not easy to stay warm and comfortable and dry whilst riding hard, without "the costume".

#2819824 - 07/11/18 11:29 AM Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: r32]
3dXman Offline
Michael Peterson status

Originally Posted By: r32
I prefer to show off my muscle groups when I ride.

IS that rIce.?
IM glad he has no pepis socrazy

#2819988 - 07/11/18 03:48 PM Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: Autoprax]
FecalFace Offline
Duke status

Loc: down der by the harbor
Originally Posted By: Autoprax

What is it that attracts people to a costume?

I am so anti costume. I have always been.

It's genetic.

I'm kind of beast too so . . . .

Unless you are wearing jeans when you deadlift, you too are wearing a costume. smile2

#2820031 - 07/11/18 05:15 PM Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: r32]
sussle Offline
Billy Hamilton status

can i get that in a wetsuit?

#2820051 - 07/11/18 05:51 PM Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: sussle]
frvcvs Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: sussle

can i get that in a wetsuit?

I bet his T levels make Doug look like Truman Capote in comparison.

"I've been against every Trump/Republican policy implemented and expressed it here." - Caca_Mugrienta

#2820060 - 07/11/18 06:07 PM Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: k00karacha]
frvcvs Offline
Duke status

on my ride this morning I passed serious looking lancer in a unitard on his aerobike not once but twice. First time I saw him I thought to myself this guy looks serious and pulled up behind him and drafted him for about a half mile. I found myself coasting too much and passed him leaving him in the dust. I peeled off the rose bowl loop to take the high road through altadena and when I was coming back down the hill back onto the rose bowl loop he pulled in front of me again. Rinse repeat. I was wearing baggie shorts and a MTB helmet with a visor.

#2820068 - 07/11/18 06:25 PM Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: frvcvs]
afoaf Offline
Duke status

#2820156 - 07/11/18 09:22 PM Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: rice]
000 Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: rice
Originally Posted By: Peter1

So much all this.

I rebelled and rode a ton in regular, cotton clothes for probably 7 years. foreheadslap

The thing that finally pushed me over the edge was the 35 degree winter mornings. Not easy to stay warm and comfortable and dry whilst riding hard, without "the costume".

but why do the recreational cyclists have all the fake sponsors on the shirts?

#2820192 - 07/11/18 10:28 PM Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: 000]
Bohter Offline
Billy Hamilton status

It's called a "kit".....costume is pass'.
Had some Belgian tell me "nice kit" once...ummmawhat?
I'm a low to no-logo guy myself....

Edited by Bohter (07/11/18 10:29 PM)

#2820209 - 07/11/18 11:33 PM Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: k00karacha]
Autoprax Online   content
Duke status

Loc: Vagina Point
I like the term "costume" because it connotes dress up.

Page 38 of 43 < 1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 42 43 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32