REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2875603 - 11/15/18 08:57 AM Re: knee stuff [Re: oneula]
paunch23 Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, D...
Hi
My knee gets swollen after hard exercise (did crossfit routine and then played soccer). Yeah i know,,,, No Soccer then, but this isn’t normal.
It started to feel better the day after. 2 days after i almost don’t feel it so the swelling must be going down pretty fast. I’m guessing in like 3 days should be good...

Any thoughts?

#2876668 - 11/17/18 02:24 PM Re: knee stuff [Re: oneula]
oneula Offline
Michael Peterson status

anti imflammatories and ice packs after placing stress on the joint
the swelling is your body's attempt to immobilize the joint to protect it
something is creating the reaction you should have it checked out

#2877728 - 11/20/18 09:43 AM Re: knee stuff [Re: oneula]
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status

Loc: Palm Coast , Florida
Knee Stuff

Interesting Adventure dancing

#2878028 - 11/20/18 09:51 PM Re: knee stuff [Re: oneula]
oneula Offline
Michael Peterson status

That just happen?
Hope your recovery goes well

Anyway we're twins
this is from 2014 took me a year to recover enough to surf again the PT was horrible
was on oxycodone and ice packs for months till they cut me off
Loehr told me I would have to standup paddle if I ever wanted to surf again
bought a 12'6" Munoz Surftech and never used it
joint was never the same
feels like titanium (artificial) bends and flexes like titanium but strong as hell

Now they tell me I have to get the left one done
sucks

Edited by oneula (11/20/18 09:54 PM)

#2878057 - 11/20/18 10:47 PM Re: knee stuff [Re: oneula]
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status

Loc: Palm Coast , Florida
Mine works great .

3 months is normal to get back in the water .

Wendall Payne - Dusty's dad - friend had his 1 month before mine and surfed all winter .

I had another issue that delayed the use of mine .

Thats all gone now and surfing again .

Rehab is a bit rough getting that full range of motion :-)

#2878889 - 11/23/18 11:37 AM Re: knee stuff [Re: oneula]
squidley Offline
Miki Dora status

Have you ever noticed how Rheumatoid arthritis coincidentally shows up in patients with type 2 diabetes? That's because both diseases are autoimmune diseases where a food antigen, usually wheat germ agglutenin (WGA), attaches to tissue, and the immune system attacks the antigen and the tissue? In the case of RA the WGA and immune system both attack cartilage. In the case of type 2 diabetes WGA and the immune system both attack insulin receptors.

WGA and other food lectins have keys which fit into tissue locks. That's how lectins attach to tissue. Normally the Immune system creates leukocytes with locks which fit the shapes of antigen keys. The immune system then identifies and removes the antigens.

Carb-based gut bacteria thrive by displaying proteins identical to the antigen keys. The immune system creates leukocytes to kill anything displaying the bacteria's keys. And because the bacteria's and the affected tissue display the same keys The immune system attacks both the bacteria and tissue. In this case the immune system kills joint cartilage and cellular insulin receptors.

Stop ingesting carbohydrates.

#2879122 - 11/24/18 11:19 AM Re: knee stuff [Re: squidley]
squidley Offline
Miki Dora status

Correction:

Have you ever noticed how Rheumatoid arthritis coincidentally shows up in patients with type 2 diabetes? That's because both diseases are autoimmune diseases where a food antigen, usually wheat germ agglutenin (WGA), attaches to tissue, and the immune system attacks the antigen and the tissue? In the case of RA the WGA and immune system both attack cartilage. In the case of type 2 diabetes WGA and the immune system both attack insulin receptors.

WGA and other food lectins have keys which fit into tissue locks. That's how lectins attach to tissue. Normally the Immune system creates leukocytes with locks which fit the shapes of antigen keys. The immune system then identifies and removes the antigens.

Carb-based gut bacteria thrive by displaying proteins which are negatives of the antigen keys. The proteins are identical to the locks of the affected tissue. The immune system creates leukocytes to kill anything displaying the bacteria's locks. And because the bacteria and the affected tissue display the same locks the immune system attacks both the bacteria and tissue. In this case the immune system kills joint cartilage and cellular insulin receptors.

Stop ingesting carbohydrates.

#2889917 - 12/21/18 10:25 AM Re: knee stuff [Re: oneula]
paunch23 Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, D...
crap...
total ACL rupture. second time!

it didn't even hurt though. i have no clue how i tore it. theres also a cysts and something being the patella he wants to check out and one of the screw from my first surgery he says, is somewhere it shouldn't be plus it's in a weird angle

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32