REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2807487 - 06/13/18 08:25 AM I've got a weekend in Asia... where should I surf?
Hopeless Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Hi all, I've got a work trip in china (near Shanghai) which ends in late July. I've got 3 days off then another work thing in Thailand - near Bangkok.

I'd like to go somewhere and surf on those 3 days off. Where do you suggest? My first thought is back to Indo but it appears that the flights don't link up well and are quite expensive for what would end up being 3-4 surf sessions max. That got me thinking that there has to be other options out there.

Is there any likelihood of waves elsewhere, say between Shanghai and Bangkok? I understand this is not the time of year for good surf...

Over to the erBB brains trust!

#2807622 - 06/13/18 01:41 PM Re: I've got a weekend in Asia... where should I surf? [Re: Hopeless]
grapedrink Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: A Beach
Never been, but Taiwan looks easy beer Not sure if it's the season though shrug

#2808501 - 06/15/18 11:10 AM Re: I've got a weekend in Asia... where should I surf? [Re: Hopeless]
felicities Offline
Grom

When i got a chance to travel Asia. I went to Phil and found how lovely the island of Siargao that is shaped like a teardrop. The locals are nice and the waves are wild. I had a great time and enjoyed the beauty of nature high. Good thing i started using vape pen. I need not worry about getting my papers wet.

#2819337 - 07/10/18 03:21 AM Re: I've got a weekend in Asia... where should I surf? [Re: Hopeless]
Wcurtain Offline
Grom

Phuket might be the call. But don't expect Indo type waves. If not, maybe Hainan island.I live in Singapore. So always scrounging around but also almost always end up in Indo.

#2819339 - 07/10/18 05:01 AM Re: I've got a weekend in Asia... where should I surf? [Re: grapedrink]
ZeeHawk Offline
Grom

Loc: Big Asian Island
Originally Posted By: grapedrink
Never been, but Taiwan looks easy beer Not sure if it's the season though shrug

It is definitely the season. In fact, the typhoon that's hitting Taiwan right now is the biggest we've seen all year. Swell up to 7 meters (23') in some spots.

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32