REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2810794 - 06/20/18 06:01 PM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Clamsmasha]
Oeste858 Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Loc: San Diego, CA
Update: Mine snapped too, after 15-20 surfs. in the middle of the cord, not near the end. Shame as I really liked it. FCS says they are all sold out so can't replace it.
Buyer beware!

#2810908 - 06/20/18 08:47 PM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Clamsmasha]
Clamsmasha Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: Nar
Hmmm, shitt. Might have to avoid it on the new custom. Mine’s still going strong but the trend isn’t encouraging.

#2810940 - 06/20/18 09:36 PM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: sdsurfrat]
afoaf Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: sdsurfrat

Crow Haley leash for the WIN!!! jam_on

everthing else is just overpriced china junk barf

Comment noted in patient's file, Wed 7:36 AM.

#2810970 - 06/20/18 11:16 PM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Clamsmasha]
ChaseTMP Offline
Grom

Loc: S. Redondo
I bought two since they were always sold out at FCS (was hoping to get my buddy to order through his account for 50% off) and surprisingly my local shop got an order in while I was in there and I think I paid around $30 with a hook-up. I had read positive reviews on Stab and though why not? I bought into the scarcity marketing hook, line and sinker.

I have never in my 35+ years of surfing had so many leash issues. In the month I've been using one of the leashes, I've blown at least four waves due to getting my opposite ankle hog-tied. I have no idea how this is happening since the f--king stand-off is so damn long. You can feel the added resistance of the stand-off, if you're like me and swing your feet back and forth a little while waiting for a wave. Theoretically this should help keep more of the leash out of the water, but I didn't really notice any difference between the Freedom leash and my FCS comp leashes that I've had for five+ years without a break or issue.

I've tried orienting the stand-off differently than what I'm used to (parallel to the stringer) and still have had at least one issue every session. I'm pretty disappointed as I hoped for some perceptible improvement based on the hype and having issues that I can't remember ever having is dumfounding. Of course I've had the occasional cord caught in between my toes that's hindered me in the past with other leashes, but getting my opposite ankle involved is new.

I was in Huntington Surf & Sport last Friday (not my local shop) and there were two broken Freedom leashes in a built in storage box built into the shaping stands in their showroom. I was sharing my experience with one of the employees and he gave me the "yep, been hearing that" look.

#2811067 - 06/21/18 11:01 AM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Clamsmasha]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

Loc: Kek Point
How could a company release such a piss poor product?

FCS should be issuing refunds.

Faulty Products

Faulty items will be exchanged for new items within 2 weeks of receiving the product. If this product is not available, we will gladly exchange for any items to the same value or issue a refund. Either way you will be contacted by customer service to determine what is best for you.

FCS will happily cover the cost of shipping your new product.

"Lots of trigger points up the pooper.
If they are causing the problem, realeasing them will help
I tried to talk my PT into doing it." -Autoprax

#2811091 - 06/21/18 11:53 AM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Clamsmasha]
Havoc4k Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: in da hood next to paradise
well my fcs2 boxes eject fins so the leashes self eject too

“I think Tomo is with firewire for more than just money. He helped them developed the LFT tech. I think he sincerely believes in the tech” -deforest

“I think the USA "made in america" board builders "marketing" gimmick falls more inline with a cult than the firewire following” -deforest

#2811118 - 06/21/18 12:37 PM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Havoc4k]
ciscojaws Online   shocked
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Beast Coast
Originally Posted By: Havoc4k
well my fcs2 boxes eject fins so the leashes self eject too

Seen it a million times

#2813534 - 06/25/18 10:12 PM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Clamsmasha]
Racer1 Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks for the heads up on the hex leash from CI. I ordered one last week and used it today. The super comp feels really thin and better than the freedom leash. Interesting concept.

If anybody else is interested, I got it from swim outlet on sale:
https://www.swimoutlet.com/surf-leashes-...p;allbrand=2076

Edit: ci has the super comp cheapers:
https://shop.cisurfboards.com/collections/leashes

Edited by Racer1 (06/25/18 10:22 PM)

#2813582 - 06/26/18 04:59 AM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Clamsmasha]
sakana_kid Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: 808
Thanks Racer!

#2813587 - 06/26/18 05:54 AM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Clamsmasha]
Hopeless Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

It sounds like it was rushed to market without proper testing. Good to see that the early adopters have made the issues clear!

FYI I've got one of the CI hex leashes. No issues and no tangling.

#2894147 - 01/04/19 10:27 PM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Clamsmasha]
Longy2229 Offline
Grom

Got one of these gifted to me for Christmas, never been so annoyed wearing a leggy in my life like this. Won’t be getting any of my money that’s for sure

#2894196 - 01/05/19 03:55 AM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Clamsmasha]
Goodfish Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Mine got weirdly stretched after just a few surfs in mediocre waves. They replaced it after an email or two, and so far the new one has been good. I prefer them to the old style leashes, but I guess it's a work in progress...

#2896272 - 01/10/19 12:44 AM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Hopeless]
xmesa Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Originally Posted By: Hopeless
It sounds like it was rushed to market without proper testing. Good to see that the early adopters have made the issues clear!

FYI I've got one of the CI hex leashes. No issues and no tangling.

the CI one is nice... but why such a big ass cuff? it could be half as wide.

#2901178 - 01/20/19 02:28 AM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Clamsmasha]
Goodfish Offline
Gerry Lopez status

The replacement they sent me just suffered the same fate as the first. Had about 20 surfs with it. Nothing much above head-high. Nothing super heavy. Stretched thin by around 15cm closest to the leash plug. DO NOT BUY THIS JUNK!

#2901203 - 01/20/19 07:35 AM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Clamsmasha]
GromsDad Online   content
Duke status

Loc: West of the Atlantic. East of...
Every time I see this leash I think about the possibility of it ending up between my toes or wrapped around my leg and giving me a horrific rope burn. No thanks.
“This is a bad day for the news media. Let’s not kid ourselves,” Toobin said on CNN. “The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and they’re willing to lie to do it.”

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >