REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2809195 - 06/16/18 10:15 PM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Clamsmasha]
sd_101 Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: around san diego
My standard one took a few bigger swells to straighten out but nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe yours was on display in the sun. I always hang them straight when not in use.

#2809213 - 06/16/18 11:41 PM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Clamsmasha]
Homie Offline
Miki Dora status

I wonder if it works well with the new Futures Leash Plug.

#2809237 - 06/17/18 01:31 AM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Clamsmasha]
Havoc4k Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: in da hood next to paradise
Looks like the freedom is when it breaks

“I think Tomo is with firewire for more than just money. He helped them developed the LFT tech. I think he sincerely believes in the tech” -deforest

“I think the USA "made in america" board builders "marketing" gimmick falls more inline with a cult than the firewire following” -deforest

#2809244 - 06/17/18 03:03 AM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Racer1]
colas Offline
Grom

Loc: Seignosse, France
Originally Posted By: Racer1

I've had my freedom leash for less than one month and used it about 12-15 sessions total.

Same here. Mine broke exactly like yours at the 4th session. Looks like the attachment design is faulty: when a leash breaks at the attachment point, it means they are badly designed. A good design will break in the cord, showing that the attachment were stronger than the cord.

It is too bad, it is a good leash: does not tangle, comfy, and most importantly impervious to fin cuts. But with the current design, treat it as a 5mm comp leash, do not use in more than shoulder-high surf.

#2809270 - 06/17/18 09:12 AM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Duffy]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

Loc: Kek Point
Originally Posted By: Duffy
Originally Posted By: sd_101
CI hex leashes are where it’s at.

I can’t get mine to unkink. Been hanging weights on them for a month and they still have the kinks in them from the packaging.

The proper way to straighten a leash is to put the cord part in boiling water for 2 or 3 minutes. I don't know why this works but it does.

No it will not weaken the cord. Mine (DaKine, Creatures, FCS) still break at the atatchment.

"Lots of trigger points up the pooper.
If they are causing the problem, realeasing them will help
I tried to talk my PT into doing it." -Autoprax

#2809369 - 06/17/18 03:40 PM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: casa_mugrienta]
Duffy Online   content
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Your mom’s house
Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta

I can’t get mine to unkink. Been hanging weights on them for a month and they still have the kinks in them from the packaging.

The proper way to straighten a leash is to put the cord part in boiling water for 2 or 3 minutes. I don't know why this works but it does.

No it will not weaken the cord. Mine (DaKine, Creatures, FCS) still break at the atatchment.

- The Wasp

#2809477 - 06/17/18 10:40 PM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Clamsmasha]
youcantbeserious Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Location Location
Anybody else surf without a leash a majority of the time? I try not to wear one if at all possible, and when I do, they drive me nuts. Yes my boards get dinged up and yes I swim a lot.

#2809534 - 06/18/18 07:53 AM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: youcantbeserious]
Duffy Online   content
Phil Edwards status

Originally Posted By: youcantbeserious
Anybody else surf without a leash a majority of the time? I try not to wear one if at all possible, and when I do, they drive me nuts. Yes my boards get dinged up and yes I swim a lot.

So core!

- The Wasp

#2809551 - 06/18/18 09:17 AM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Clamsmasha]
GromsDad Offline
Duke status

Loc: West of the Atlantic. East of...
Hipsterific!!!!
“This is a bad day for the news media. Let’s not kid ourselves,” Toobin said on CNN. “The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and they’re willing to lie to do it.”

#2809591 - 06/18/18 11:30 AM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: casa_mugrienta]
Clayster Offline
Miki Dora status

If they would invent a leash that doesn't end up underfoot during late takeoffs I'd buy it.

XM tangle free leashes. Been surfing them for 5 plus years. Durable and stay out of your feet.

#2809880 - 06/18/18 11:07 PM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: casa_mugrienta]
Duffy Online   content
Phil Edwards status

Just did this. It works.

37 years of surfing, how did I not know this?

- The Wasp

#2809911 - 06/19/18 05:22 AM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Clamsmasha]
ciscojaws Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Beast Coast
Works with old telephone cords too. Shape-memory.

#2809919 - 06/19/18 06:33 AM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: 000]
acnjusa Offline
Michael Peterson status

Originally Posted By: 000
i want a wireless leash, like my mouse

your phone.

#2809938 - 06/19/18 09:25 AM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Clayster]
Duffy Online   content
Phil Edwards status

Originally Posted By: Clayster
If they would invent a leash that doesn't end up underfoot during late takeoffs I'd buy it.

XM tangle free leashes. Been surfing them for 5 plus years. Durable and stay out of your feet.

Any noticeable drag from the slider?

I once tied a little piece of nylon cord to my leash to make a drogue specifically to slow my board down.

- The Wasp

#2809951 - 06/19/18 10:04 AM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Duffy]
Clayster Offline
Miki Dora status

Originally Posted By: Clayster

Any noticeable drag from the slider?

I once tied a little piece of nylon cord to my leash to make a drogue specifically to slow my board down.

I haven't noticed any.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >