REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Re: Anatomy of an ErBB Political Forum Shooting Thread [Re: FecalFace] #2796752
05/22/18 07:04 AM
05/22/18 07:04 AM
north of the bridge
T
the janitor Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status
the janitor  Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status
T

north of the bridge
Originally Posted By: FecalFace
Originally Posted By: the janitor

or, perhaps, just maybe, you are using a BS stat which I pointed out in a previous thread. To get to those numbers you first have to buy into CNN's criteria, which are:

The definition: "The parameters we followed in this count are -

Shooting must involve at least one person being shot (not including the shooter)
Shooting must occur on school grounds
We included gang violence, fights and domestic violence (but our count is NOT limited to those categories)
We included grades K through college/university level as well as vocational schools
We included accidental discharge of a firearm as long as the first two parameters are met"

then you also have to feel good about including BB gun cosplay as equal to someone spraying a room full of people with a shotgun. Or football players getting into a fight at a party somewhere on a college campus. Etc. Etc.

The actual stat would still show the US as way above the other 6 G7 countries, so why does CNN feel the need to goose the numbers so much? And why do you knowingly fall in line?

Oh yeah the thread in which everybody proved that youre full of shit.

Anybody who argues that whats happening with gun violence in America is a normal occurrence amongst developed nations, is either delusional or a liar. Probably both.

roflmao another well reasoned response*

*wherein you sidestep the issue and create red herrings instead

What is your response? Rollie heads?

You and Janitor the ones who are sidestepping and creating red herrings by splitting hairs over definitions and semantics.

There's no other developed, civilized nation where this is happening. Only here.

And it's fvcking nuts.

Split hairs all you want.

You've been living in a gun nut bubble all your life. Books learned you nothing.

now I'm super confused. I thought I was the janitor, but you seem unconvinced. Maybe you're drunk? Not judging, just wondering. I'll take this opportunity to refer to myself in the third person.

the janitor feels that your use of inflated numbers is ridiculous, given that everyone already knows the US has more gun crime that the rest of the G7 countries. The janitor feels that no sane person is disputing that fact and wonders why you and CNN need to juice the data to make it seem even worse. The janitor feels that damages the journalistic credibility of those fine, fine people at CNN. Who by the way host one of the only shows the janitor watches on cable - Anthony Bourdain.

the janitor would like to post lots of rollie heads, but knows that r32 will get miffed, so the janitor will only post one (1).

roflmao

Re: Anatomy of an ErBB Political Forum Shooting Thread [Re: Leaverite] #2796868
05/22/18 02:33 PM
05/22/18 02:33 PM
A
afoaf Offline
Duke status
afoaf  Offline
Duke status
A

Originally Posted By: Leaverite
How many hours does your boy put in on Playstation weekly??

try again. the truth is out there. test your theses.

Well, someone is stupid but it's not Shakespeare.
Re: Anatomy of an ErBB Political Forum Shooting Thread [Re: the janitor] #2797018
05/22/18 05:14 PM
05/22/18 05:14 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
F

your mom

or, perhaps, just maybe, you are using a BS stat which I pointed out in a previous thread. To get to those numbers you first have to buy into CNN's criteria, which are:

The definition: "The parameters we followed in this count are -

Shooting must involve at least one person being shot (not including the shooter)
Shooting must occur on school grounds
We included gang violence, fights and domestic violence (but our count is NOT limited to those categories)
We included grades K through college/university level as well as vocational schools
We included accidental discharge of a firearm as long as the first two parameters are met"

then you also have to feel good about including BB gun cosplay as equal to someone spraying a room full of people with a shotgun. Or football players getting into a fight at a party somewhere on a college campus. Etc. Etc.

The actual stat would still show the US as way above the other 6 G7 countries, so why does CNN feel the need to goose the numbers so much? And why do you knowingly fall in line?

Oh yeah the thread in which everybody proved that youre full of shit.

Anybody who argues that whats happening with gun violence in America is a normal occurrence amongst developed nations, is either delusional or a liar. Probably both.

roflmao another well reasoned response*

*wherein you sidestep the issue and create red herrings instead

What is your response? Rollie heads?

You and Janitor the ones who are sidestepping and creating red herrings by splitting hairs over definitions and semantics.

There's no other developed, civilized nation where this is happening. Only here.

And it's fvcking nuts.

Split hairs all you want.

You've been living in a gun nut bubble all your life. Books learned you nothing.

now I'm super confused. I thought I was the janitor, but you seem unconvinced. Maybe you're drunk? Not judging, just wondering. I'll take this opportunity to refer to myself in the third person.

the janitor feels that your use of inflated numbers is ridiculous, given that everyone already knows the US has more gun crime that the rest of the G7 countries. The janitor feels that no sane person is disputing that fact and wonders why you and CNN need to juice the data to make it seem even worse. The janitor feels that damages the journalistic credibility of those fine, fine people at CNN. Who by the way host one of the only shows the janitor watches on cable - Anthony Bourdain.

the janitor would like to post lots of rollie heads, but knows that r32 will get miffed, so the janitor will only post one (1).

roflmao

Thats cute.

Youre great at semantics.

Comedy is not your thing tho. shrug

"The real enemy are the (gun) manufactures of your toys and the NRA. They play on your fear to steal your money." - ifallalot / 2014
Re: Anatomy of an ErBB Political Forum Shooting Thread [Re: FecalFace] #2797090
05/22/18 06:53 PM
05/22/18 06:53 PM
E
ElOgro Offline
Duke status
ElOgro  Offline
Duke status
E

Other than roflmao I don't have anything to add!

"That's their respect for me... I got leid," Rabbit Kekai

"That's all it takes--one moment." Sponge
Re: Anatomy of an ErBB Political Forum Shooting Thread [Re: grapedrink] #2879128
11/24/18 04:27 PM
11/24/18 04:27 PM
D
Driftcoast Offline
Michael Peterson status
Driftcoast  Offline
Michael Peterson status
D

Originally Posted By: grapedrink
Seems that every shooting results in a post here with the following elements:

-Breaking of the story within 24 hours by one of a small handful of left-leaning posters, once it is confirmed that it was not Islamic Terrorism, of course. Usually a safe bet with school shootings.
-Update on the score of Islamic Terrorism deaths vs shootings from white nationalists and school shooters.
-Apologism for gun deaths and the NRA from posters who seem to spend more time cleaning their gun collection than in the water.
-2nd Amendment discussion.
-Comparison to deaths from knives, cars, vans, pit bulls (and now daschunds?), bathtubs, SUP foil boards, etc., and why those things aren't regulated the way guns are.
-Reasonable responses from posters who understand the complexity of the issue, who are shortly after ilked as gun nuts, despite the actual content of their posts.
-Whataboutism, whineybithassness and kookyhomosex.
-An absurd number of posts that most of us have no desire to bother keeping up with and soon give up on.

Am I missing anything confused2
ban

Yes.

You missed the 'dog driving a forklift kills person' angle.

Re: Anatomy of an ErBB Political Forum Shooting Thread [Re: Driftcoast] #2879138
11/24/18 04:37 PM
11/24/18 04:37 PM
1whoknows Offline
Miki Dora status
1whoknows  Offline
Miki Dora status

Which firearms should be prohibited from general possession and why?

What weapon should you not be allowed to carry and why?

Re: Anatomy of an ErBB Political Forum Shooting Thread [Re: 1whoknows] #2879140
11/24/18 04:45 PM
11/24/18 04:45 PM
A Beach
G
grapedrink Offline OP
Phil Edwards status
grapedrink  Offline OP
Phil Edwards status
G

A Beach
Originally Posted By: 1whoknows

No restrictions. The founding fathers wanted us to have RPGs. #murka

You forgot it was STOLEN?!
Re: Anatomy of an ErBB Political Forum Shooting Thread [Re: grapedrink] #2879162
11/24/18 05:24 PM
11/24/18 05:24 PM
1whoknows Offline
Miki Dora status
1whoknows  Offline
Miki Dora status

Originally Posted By: grapedrink
Originally Posted By: 1whoknows

No restrictions. The founding fathers wanted us to have RPGs. #murka

____is stumped. Hes got nothing. Hes a vapid NRA shill

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32