REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2788905 - 05/07/18 09:34 AM Sumatra Quiver
mundi Offline
Grom

Going Sumatra at the end of May, and no one I know has ever been before, so not sure on what I should take. We’re staying at Aura in front of The Peak/Jackals. I’ve got a JS Air17 that’s definitely coming, a CI Black/White as a back up, and I can fit one more board in. I’ve got a 7’4 mini gun that I had made for solid Zicatela, or I can go pick up a Pyzel Ghost or a JS Monsta 8 as the stock fins work for me. We’ll probably be surfing The Peak most days, anyone been to that area?

#2792241 - 05/13/18 05:41 AM Re: Sumatra Quiver [Re: mundi]
Goodfish Online   content
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: Pacific NW
Been to South Sumatra a couple of times, but not up north. That Aura Resort looks amazing. The Peak looks super fun. You'll definitely want to have a pin tail in there somewhere. Most Indo boards don't need to be in 7' range. There's a lotta curl in them there waves, so I'd say a 6'6 would be the biggest you'd need. Get a Pyzel Ghost would be my bet.

#2792368 - 05/13/18 03:00 PM Re: Sumatra Quiver [Re: mundi]
surfy1476 Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Two short boards and a step up. Mini gun not needed unless you are going to big wave spots doh+. Would love to hear an aura report, I wanna go someday.

#2792444 - 05/13/18 09:16 PM Re: Sumatra Quiver [Re: mundi]
kool-aid Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: San Francisco
I'd probably take the air17 and get a monsta 8.

Maybe I'd get a ghost if the forecast was looking solid and I could use it after the fact.

With the exception of some swell magnets, the further north you go, the smaller the waves get.

Looks like a really nice resort. Let us know how it is. Hope you score!

#2792459 - 05/13/18 10:37 PM Re: Sumatra Quiver [Re: mundi]
Goodfish Online   content
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: Pacific NW
If you were arriving next week, you'd need a rhino chaser. Looks like it's gonna pump!

#2793884 - 05/16/18 12:32 PM Re: Sumatra Quiver [Re: mundi]
acnjusa Offline
Michael Peterson status

were one to cast a wide net on this issue...try baby (small), mama (medium,
and papa bear (I"M NOT GOING OUT THERE)...

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32