REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Lost Uber Driver? [Re: Maz] #2774034
04/06/18 12:05 PM
04/06/18 12:05 PM
D
DroppingOn Offline
Nep status
DroppingOn  Offline
Nep status
D

Originally Posted By: Maz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYEqlh8swB8

Not normally a big fan of his reviews of his surfing, but this one was different. Surfed really well on the Uber Driver, and made me excited to try one.

Really? I dig that he can actually surf. Not just a tub talking about what the board can probably do. He obviously surfs better than most so you have to assume things will work a bit differently but there is something to be said for actual surf footage in these run downs..

Agree that this board looked particularly good under his feet.

Re: Lost Uber Driver? [Re: DroppingOn] #2774404
04/06/18 09:53 PM
04/06/18 09:53 PM
Innzid
M
Maz Offline
Gerry Lopez status
Maz  Offline
Gerry Lopez status
M

Innzid
Originally Posted By: DroppingOn

Not normally a big fan of his reviews of his surfing, but this one was different. Surfed really well on the Uber Driver, and made me excited to try one.

Really? I dig that he can actually surf. Not just a tub talking about what the board can probably do. He obviously surfs better than most so you have to assume things will work a bit differently but there is something to be said for actual surf footage in these run downs..

Sorry for my garbled post.

I meant to say "not normally a big fan of his reviews OR surfing", but I did like how he went on the Uber Driver.

Now, back to The Ghost! hahahaha

Re: Lost Uber Driver? [Re: DroppingOn] #2774408
04/06/18 09:54 PM
04/06/18 09:54 PM
in da hood next to paradise
H
Havoc4k Offline
Billy Hamilton status
Havoc4k  Offline
Billy Hamilton status
H

in da hood next to paradise

why do u hate benny so much?

The postings of this user are merely opinion and are posted by the users posting agent who may have different opinions than that of the user
�I think the USA "made in america" board builders "marketing" gimmick falls more inline with a cult than the firewire following� -deforest
Re: Lost Uber Driver? [Re: Havoc4k] #2774653
04/07/18 02:43 PM
04/07/18 02:43 PM
D
DroppingOn Offline
Nep status
DroppingOn  Offline
Nep status
D

Originally Posted By: Havoc4k

why do u hate benny so much?

barf

Re: Lost Uber Driver? [Re: oliver79] #2787962
05/04/18 09:47 PM
05/04/18 09:47 PM
B
Bennyc Offline
Grom
Bennyc  Offline
Grom
B

Dropped the beans on one of these the other day and conditions have not been suited and work commitment have stopped my test ride. I will let you know my thoughts on the board after a couple of surfs. Looks amazing and its super light in the proformance version. Tossed up between the 58 and the 59 could have gone either but cause its really for the 1-3 ft range went the 59. Not much difference between the two plenty of meat on the board but less width than the board Ive been riding and Im coming off a js black box ii. Cant wait for the first ride

Re: Lost Uber Driver? [Re: oliver79] #2789450
05/08/18 09:08 AM
05/08/18 09:08 AM
O
oliver79 Offline OP
Grom
oliver79  Offline OP
Grom
O

5'6 CW Uber... Absolutely flies.
Had the board for a couple of weeks and seems to go super good in knee high to shoulder, not much power or shape either but looking for a good day to see how it goes too.
I was looking for something to slip under the Driver on smaller days. Havent decided if it out does the Sub D though!
Proformance Sub D feels a lot more refined and really is a killer blade!
But the Uber in CW is something different, fun and fast. Super weird for me to ride a 5'6 (18.63 wide) that isn't near the 19" mark but i cant seem to fault it on terms of stock dims. Floats well..Catches waves with ease.. super lively in and out of turns.. unbelievable at getting off the the flat spot and round sections... all round great board.Tried it with Kolohe meds and Mayhem Lrge... likes the Kolohe in the conditions i have.
I think i love it as it really does feel like an extension of the Driver family!
I've surfed a lot of the range and now completely stuck on the Drivers.

Re: Lost Uber Driver? [Re: Bennyc] #2839825
08/30/18 07:25 PM
08/30/18 07:25 PM
B
Benny_W Offline
Grom
Benny_W  Offline
Grom
B

Originally Posted By: Bennyc
Dropped the beans on one of these the other day and conditions have not been suited and work commitment have stopped my test ride. I will let you know my thoughts on the board after a couple of surfs. Looks amazing and its super light in the proformance version. Tossed up between the 58 and the 59 could have gone either but cause its really for the 1-3 ft range went the 59. Not much difference between the two plenty of meat on the board but less width than the board Ive been riding and Im coming off a js black box ii. Cant wait for the first ride

Hey

How did the Uber go compared to the js blak box? Looking at one of those for the winter

Re: Lost Uber Driver? [Re: oliver79] #2839837
08/30/18 07:40 PM
08/30/18 07:40 PM
Jacksonville Beach
S
Sharkbiscuit Offline
Phil Edwards status
Sharkbiscuit  Offline
Phil Edwards status
S

Jacksonville Beach
Originally Posted By: oliver79
5'6 CW Uber... Absolutely flies.
Had the board for a couple of weeks and seems to go super good in knee high to shoulder, not much power or shape either but looking for a good day to see how it goes too.
I was looking for something to slip under the Driver on smaller days. Havent decided if it out does the Sub D though!
Proformance Sub D feels a lot more refined and really is a killer blade!
But the Uber in CW is something different, fun and fast. Super weird for me to ride a 5'6 (18.63 wide) that isn't near the 19" mark but i cant seem to fault it on terms of stock dims. Floats well..Catches waves with ease.. super lively in and out of turns.. unbelievable at getting off the the flat spot and round sections... all round great board.Tried it with Kolohe meds and Mayhem Lrge... likes the Kolohe in the conditions i have.
I think i love it as it really does feel like an extension of the Driver family!
I've surfed a lot of the range and now completely stuck on the Drivers.

Does it get into waves better than the SubD? My SubD feels really good at getting in for how well it does in better surf, but the Baby Buggy feels better to me than SubD.

I would have expected UberD to have better entry with rocket front, and better bottom end than SubD?

I will say SubD is pretty good in open-faced thigh-waist if it's not too racy and the face is smooth, but BabyBuggy still outclasses it for me in the bottom end, and also at dealing with chop/bump, whereas SubD has better hold.

Re: Lost Uber Driver? [Re: oliver79] #2839926
08/30/18 09:30 PM
08/30/18 09:30 PM
B
Bennyc Offline
Grom
Bennyc  Offline
Grom
B

Compared to the Blak box the Ud turns more like a hpsb hence the driver tail. B.B.2 has better glide through the flats I do find the wider tail in the board doesnt have great feel when u start to push it really hard it can be hard to feel when its going to slide and engage. So my opinion is if its a flatter faced wave the the bb2 is the better choice. I found in the ud when i put weight forward it seemed to push the water towards the rail instead of under the board and just didnt carry the speed through the flats which was the biggest disappointment if it were shoulder high or above going vertical it would be awesome. But in these waves I would take something more performance oriented and longer out. Maybe I just didnt gel with it enough but other have said it goes great for them. Best blend maybe buy both and cut them in half and join to have ud tail and B.B. 2 nose 😉. I definitely consider myself a heavy footed surfer so maybe its my clumsy way and the sensitivity of the ud.

Re: Lost Uber Driver? [Re: oliver79] #2840202
08/31/18 04:17 PM
08/31/18 04:17 PM
B
Benny_W Offline
Grom
Benny_W  Offline
Grom
B

Thanks for the feedback. Was really keen on a carbon wrap UD. Js have just released the blak box 3! roflmao

Last edited by Benny_W; 08/31/18 04:19 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3