REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Big Data [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2774859
04/07/18 07:38 PM
04/07/18 07:38 PM
Body of Christ, Texas
T
test_article Offline
Phil Edwards status
test_article  Offline
Phil Edwards status
T

Body of Christ, Texas
Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta
The only thing you can do is not use social media (i.e. facebook, instagram) and make sure you have no images of yourself online.

That includes making sure no one takes any pictures of you and posts it online without your knowledge (i.e. group photos from your employer, family event, etc.)

TBH I don't allow anyone to take any photos of me at all anymore except my wife. Way too much of a privacy risk.

Note police in China are already using facial recognition on public streets; they have also started using WeChat (like facebook in China) to catalog their facial recognition databases.

...only your wife and every working security cam pointing at you.

Re: Big Data [Re: test_article] #2774890
04/07/18 09:08 PM
04/07/18 09:08 PM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline
Duke status
C

Petak Island
Originally Posted By: test_article
The only thing you can do is not use social media (i.e. facebook, instagram) and make sure you have no images of yourself online.

That includes making sure no one takes any pictures of you and posts it online without your knowledge (i.e. group photos from your employer, family event, etc.)

TBH I don't allow anyone to take any photos of me at all anymore except my wife. Way too much of a privacy risk.

Note police in China are already using facial recognition on public streets; they have also started using WeChat (like facebook in China) to catalog their facial recognition databases.

Like I said, there's only so much you can do.

And my wife knows not to put my mug up on the net.

Q: Secret aspiration?
A: Buy Pezman's mag and turn it into a piece of crap.
Re: Big Data [Re: BillyOcean] #2774893
04/07/18 09:15 PM
04/07/18 09:15 PM
san diego, CA
O
obslop Offline
Phil Edwards status
obslop  Offline
Phil Edwards status
O

san diego, CA
read, "Future Crimes" to get a grasp of the full extent of where we are and going.

Re: Big Data [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2774896
04/07/18 09:18 PM
04/07/18 09:18 PM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Offline
Duke status
Autoprax  Offline
Duke status
A

Vagina Point

We thank her.

A threat response is a potent trigger for motivated reasoning.

"People who are right a lot listen a lot, and they change their mind a lot. . . . . They wake up and reanalyze things and change their mind. If you don't change your mind frequently, you're going to be wrong a lot."
Re: Big Data [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2775085
04/08/18 01:09 PM
04/08/18 01:09 PM
S
sussle Offline
Michael Peterson status
sussle  Offline
Michael Peterson status
S

i feel the same way...went on a kayaking outing with my neighbors last summer and afterwards they put pictures of my child on their Facebook page. it was awkward, but had to ask them to take the pics down....

and yes, in the end, resistance is futile...but it feels a lot better than capitulation.

ideologically vacant
Re: Big Data [Re: the janitor] #2775102
04/08/18 03:07 PM
04/08/18 03:07 PM
B
Bohter Offline
Michael Peterson status
Bohter  Offline
Michael Peterson status
B

Originally Posted By: the janitor
ok, I think I may be veering towards a periodic rant on this thread

- for Fcuks sake, why are You People buying and installing Amazon Echo, Google Home and Apple homepods. These are literal listening devices you morans. Even the Stasi in East Germany weren't able to pull this kind of Orwellian bullshit off. Same for present day North Korea.

on the raising someone else's child front, I guess DNA tests at the Hospital are an option shrug

Wow Janitor....that's crazy talk right there....you must be one of them there Conspiracy Theorists!
applause

Living is easy with eyes closed...Misunderstanding all you see. The Beatles
I know you've deceived me now here's a surprise...I know that you have because there's magic in my eyes. I can see for miles and miles... The Who
Nature abhors a vacuum....except when earth's pressure system is next to the vacuum of space.....then they coexist...unnaturally.
Re: Big Data [Re: BillyOcean] #2775152
04/08/18 05:07 PM
04/08/18 05:07 PM
Jonestown
G
Gnudz Offline
Phil Edwards status
Gnudz  Offline
Phil Edwards status
G

Jonestown
I resisted posting this for as long as I could.

Unpopular opinion: I really hate political parties. I feel like when we call ourselves Democrats or Republicans, we all forget what we are Americans - Americans that love the country and each other. - David Hogg
Re: Big Data [Re: Bohter] #2775190
04/08/18 06:18 PM
north of the bridge
T
the janitor Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status
the janitor  Offline
T

north of the bridge
Originally Posted By: Bohter

- for Fcuks sake, why are You People buying and installing Amazon Echo, Google Home and Apple homepods. These are literal listening devices you morans. Even the Stasi in East Germany weren't able to pull this kind of Orwellian bullshit off. Same for present day North Korea.

on the raising someone else's child front, I guess DNA tests at the Hospital are an option shrug

Wow Janitor....that's crazy talk right there....you must be one of them there Conspiracy Theorists!
applause

loosely speaking, I am in that industry. This is all easily verifiable information and you don't even have to go to some sketchy youtube channel to find it hat

how are the salmon and steelhead runs doing down there this season?

Last edited by the janitor; 04/08/18 06:19 PM. Reason: forgot the salmon!
Re: Big Data [Re: Gnudz] #2775191
north of the bridge
T
the janitor Offline
the janitor  Offline
T

north of the bridge
Originally Posted By: Gnudz
I resisted posting this for as long as I could.

applause

Re: Big Data [Re: the janitor] #2791007
05/10/18 09:41 PM
05/10/18 09:41 PM
north of the bridge
T
the janitor Offline
the janitor  Offline
T

north of the bridge
oops

"Over the past two years, researchers in China and the United States have begun demonstrating that they can send hidden commands that are undetectable to the human ear to Apples Siri, Amazons Alexa and Googles Assistant. Inside university labs, the researchers have been able to secretly activate the artificial intelligence systems on smartphones and smart speakers, making them dial phone numbers or open websites. In the wrong hands, the technology could be used to unlock doors, wire money or buy stuff online simply with music playing over the radio."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/10/technology/alexa-siri-hidden-command-audio-attacks.html

Re: Big Data [Re: BillyOcean] #2791095
05/10/18 11:34 PM
05/10/18 11:34 PM
San Francisco, CA
M
Mr Doof Offline
Duke status
Mr Doof  Offline
Duke status
M

San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted By: BillyOcean
Originally Posted By: Mr Doof
^ - Probably drive more consistence use of birth control than change social dynamics.

So your theory is that cuckholdry is accidental

No, I do not state that nor imply that.

I was merely answering your implied question contained in this stream of wonderment

Originally Posted By: Bill of the OCean

"If we are going into this brave new world we should at least eliminate cuckholding

Bitches know up front that every kid they pop out will be DNAd

Wonder how that would change social dynamics"

Re: Big Data [Re: BillyOcean] #2791143
05/11/18 12:18 AM
05/11/18 12:18 AM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Offline
Duke status
Autoprax  Offline
Duke status
A

Vagina Point
You dummies know you are going to die right?

You're all so precious. trout

A threat response is a potent trigger for motivated reasoning.

"People who are right a lot listen a lot, and they change their mind a lot. . . . . They wake up and reanalyze things and change their mind. If you don't change your mind frequently, you're going to be wrong a lot."
Re: Big Data [Re: BillyOcean] #2791145
05/11/18 12:20 AM
05/11/18 12:20 AM
san diego, CA
O
obslop Offline
Phil Edwards status
obslop  Offline
Phil Edwards status
O

san diego, CA

Re: Big Data [Re: obslop] #2797026
05/22/18 05:20 PM
05/22/18 05:20 PM
north of the bridge
T
the janitor Offline
the janitor  Offline
T

north of the bridge
At first glance, I like the looks of that bill, thanks for posting!

Another one from their site:

Amazon Teams Up With Law Enforcement to Deploy Dangerous New Face Recognition Technology

"The company has developed a powerful and dangerous new facial recognition system and is actively helping governments deploy it. Amazon calls the service Rekognition.

Marketing materials and documents obtained by ACLU affiliates in three states reveal a product that can be readily used to violate civil liberties and civil rights. Powered by artificial intelligence, Rekognition can identify, track, and analyze people in real time and recognize up to 100 people in a single image. It can quickly scan information it collects against databases featuring tens of millions of faces, according to Amazon."

https://www.aclunc.org/blog/amazon-teams...tion-technology

So to review, Amazon have:

1. Extremely detailed information about what you buy and where you live.
2. MASSIVE cloud storage capabilities
3. Listening devices in millions of households
4. A facial recognition product they are selling to governments.

Yeah, that sounds like it's all headed in a positive direction.

Re: Big Data [Re: the janitor] #2797037
05/22/18 05:29 PM
05/22/18 05:29 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Online happy
Duke status
FecalFace  Online Happy
Duke status
F

your mom

WTF is going on in your house that you are so worried that someby will hear you?

Or do you worry that Amazon will report to the CIA that you prefer briefs over boxers?

Oh NOES, SLEEPURY SLOAP

"The real enemy are the (gun) manufactures of your toys and the NRA. They play on your fear to steal your money." - ifallalot / 2014
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32