REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Couldn't we screen people before they buy an AR15? [Re: GWS] #2770177
03/28/18 12:09 PM
03/28/18 12:09 PM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Online content
Duke status
Autoprax  Online Content
Duke status
A

Vagina Point
Originally Posted By: GWS
Originally Posted By: 1whoknows
Originally Posted By: Duffy

Deaths by AR15s are statistically zero.

Statistician

He's pretty much right.

According to the FBI knives kill about five times as many people as all rifles combined.

That doesn't do you much good if you are one of the very few people killed by rifles in a given year, but the odds of that happening are extremely minute. You really can relax a little. Your obviously high levels of anxiety re this issue can't be good for you.

Do you have other phobias?

Fear of commitment to a bad cause.

My friend is afraid of jail.

incompetence is preferable to malice.
Re: Couldn't we screen people before they buy an AR15? [Re: 1whoknows] #2770204
03/28/18 01:47 PM
03/28/18 01:47 PM
S
squidley Offline
Miki Dora status
squidley  Offline
Miki Dora status
S

Originally Posted By: 1whoknowsnothing
Couldn't we screen people before they buy an AR15?

You mean like this?

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/form/f...-53204/download

....revealing that, demanding what you really want would cause people to tell you to sit down and shut up.

Last edited by squidley; 03/28/18 01:48 PM.
Re: Couldn't we screen people before they buy an AR15? [Re: 1whoknows] #2770274
03/28/18 03:32 PM
03/28/18 03:32 PM
S
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline
Tom Curren status
S

What weapons should people NOT be allowed to possess, and why?

I've already gave you a list, but let's make it easy: all fully or semi-automatic weapons.

Bock you
Re: Couldn't we screen people before they buy an AR15? [Re: GWS] #2770276
03/28/18 03:34 PM
03/28/18 03:34 PM
S
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline
Tom Curren status
S

A little perspective for you and I will leave you to your anxiety. According to the FBI, the total number of people killed by ALL rifles combined (over the last year for which stats are available) was 374. Literally, more people are killed by falling out of bed every year.

shrug

How many people were killed by Muslim terrorists in the US last year? Also a non-issue?

Bock you
Re: Couldn't we screen people before they buy an AR15? [Re: StuAzole] #2770278
03/28/18 03:40 PM
03/28/18 03:40 PM
done
G
GWS Offline
Duke status
GWS  Offline
Duke status
G

done
Originally Posted By: StuAzole
A little perspective for you and I will leave you to your anxiety. According to the FBI, the total number of people killed by ALL rifles combined (over the last year for which stats are available) was 374. Literally, more people are killed by falling out of bed every year.

shrug

How many people were killed by Muslim terrorists in the US last year? Also a non-issue?

A non issue?

It's a very low risk issue at the present time.

The odds of any of us being killed by a Muslim terrorist presently are very, very small. Kind of like the odds of being killed by a rifle.

Re: Couldn't we screen people before they buy an AR15? [Re: GWS] #2770283
03/28/18 03:53 PM
03/28/18 03:53 PM
The Bar
K
Kento Offline
Duke status
Kento  Offline
Duke status
K

The Bar

shrug

A non issue?

The odds of any of us being killed by a Muslim terrorist presently are very, very small. Kind of like the odds of being killed by a rifle.

Bathtubs make for excellent armor.

Nothing is obscene provided it is done in bad taste.

Russ Meyer
Re: Couldn't we screen people before they buy an AR15? [Re: StuAzole] #2770284
03/28/18 03:54 PM
03/28/18 03:54 PM
JAX BCH FLA.
J
jbd Offline
Phil Edwards status
jbd  Offline
Phil Edwards status
J

JAX BCH FLA.

I've already gave you a list, but let's make it easy: all fully or semi-automatic weapons.

Fully auto I get...and agree. All Semi auto? That's never going to happen. That's .22s, pistols, shotguns etc.

Magazine capacity I get, but just saying semi auto is a little much. A pump Shotgun is almost as effective as a semi auto and holds the same amount of shells. Take away the semi, and you just gotta pump..... so then what? no pump action? only single shot?

Re: Couldn't we screen people before they buy an AR15? [Re: jbd] #2770327
03/28/18 04:45 PM
03/28/18 04:45 PM
S
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline
Tom Curren status
S

Originally Posted By: jbd

Fully auto I get...and agree. All Semi auto? That's never going to happen. That's .22s, pistols, shotguns etc.

Magazine capacity I get, but just saying semi auto is a little much. A pump Shotgun is almost as effective as a semi auto and holds the same amount of shells. Take away the semi, and you just gotta pump..... so then what? no pump action? only single shot?

He asked, I answered.

Pump takes time. If you want to fire a gun, you should be able to do a little loading work. That's an easy line to draw.

Bock you
Re: Couldn't we screen people before they buy an AR15? [Re: GWS] #2770329
03/28/18 04:47 PM
03/28/18 04:47 PM
S
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline
Tom Curren status
S

shrug

A non issue?

Yet many gun lovers here are scared to death of Muslims because terrorist! GDaddy would sell his first born if it meant no more Arabs.

Bock you
Re: Couldn't we screen people before they buy an AR15? [Re: StuAzole] #2770344
03/28/18 05:17 PM
03/28/18 05:17 PM
JAX BCH FLA.
J
jbd Offline
Phil Edwards status
jbd  Offline
Phil Edwards status
J

JAX BCH FLA.
Originally Posted By: jbd

He asked, I answered.

Pump takes time. If you want to fire a gun, you should be able to do a little loading work. That's an easy line to draw.

At least your'e being honest.
I don't own a semi-auto shotgun, but I do have a competition over and under and a couple of my dads 870 pumps , I shoot high 90s with the O&U and mid 80s (out of 100) on the sporting clay courses here. I consistently beat guys with semi-autos. The rate of fire matter less than accuracy in clays and sporting clays....and hunting.

(The advantage of O&U and semi-auto is you don't have to reacquire a target like when you have to pump a shotgun. )
semi holds 5 , O&U only 2.

Last edited by jbd; 03/28/18 05:20 PM.
Re: Couldn't we screen people before they buy an AR15? [Re: jbd] #2770352
03/28/18 05:31 PM
03/28/18 05:31 PM
S
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline
Tom Curren status
S

and that makes mass killing a lot harder, no? Not impossible, but a lot harder.

Bock you
Re: Couldn't we screen people before they buy an AR15? [Re: StuAzole] #2770353
03/28/18 05:41 PM
03/28/18 05:41 PM
West of the Atlantic. East of...
G
GromsDad Online content
Duke status
GromsDad  Online Content
Duke status
G

West of the Atlantic. East of...

Fully auto are already virtually impossible to own and have been since the 1920s or 30s.

Curious why you would want to take away my semi-auto firearms? All of them? Even my grand-pop's .22 semi auto rifle and Remington 1100 semi-auto shotgun that he left me in his will? Based on what logic? Your feelz?????

What's the difference between conservatives and liberals?

Conservatives get angry when you lie to them. Liberals get angry when you tell
them the truth.
Re: Couldn't we screen people before they buy an AR15? [Re: StuAzole] #2770358
03/28/18 05:45 PM
03/28/18 05:45 PM
JAX BCH FLA.
J
jbd Offline
Phil Edwards status
jbd  Offline
Phil Edwards status
J

JAX BCH FLA.
and that makes mass killing a lot harder, no? Not impossible, but a lot harder.

Yes it would.
The problem you will have is criminals (mass murder types) , (who we have established already on the erBB aren't responsible) will not turn in their semi or fully auto weapons. Only the "law bidding, responsible citizens like myself will. In fantasy world it would be a great solution but in the real world you aren't getting all the guns that are already out there back.....ever. The black market...sold on the streets. etc.
I wish there was a magic wand solution, but there isn't.
Limiting magazine and adopting a CA gun law nationwide and having a mental heath database would be a good start. If you go after all or semi guns chance are you won't get anything done. Baby steps.

for the record, you already can't own full auto unless you have a fed stamp. (hard and costly to get)

Last edited by jbd; 03/28/18 05:47 PM.
Re: Couldn't we screen people before they buy an AR15? [Re: GromsDad] #2770361
03/28/18 05:49 PM
03/28/18 05:49 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
F

your mom
Originally Posted By: GromsDad

Fully auto are already virtually impossible to own and have been since the 1920s or 30s.

Curious why you would want to take away my semi-auto firearms? All of them? Even my grand-pop's .22 semi auto rifle and Remington 1100 semi-auto shotgun that he left me in his will? Based on what logic? Your feelz?????

How quickly you forget Vegas shooting. Bump stocks are legal.
I believe you can buy a full auto in Nevada too. At least I know people who have a ton of them.

And then there's Kentucky:

Re: Couldn't we screen people before they buy an AR15? [Re: Autoprax] #2770364
03/28/18 05:54 PM
03/28/18 05:54 PM
Santucky, Ca
P
Phi1 Offline
Michael Peterson status
Phi1  Offline
Michael Peterson status
P

Santucky, Ca
Originally Posted By: Autoprax

scalpels =/= AR 15

You need to outlaw that vacuum cleaner tool that sucks the little innocent snot baby out of the womb.

The Abortion gun.
- It's the gun liberals hate to love. It's the gun conservatives love to hate. Patent pending.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32