REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2762696 - 03/13/18 01:51 PM Re: Question for the erBB's real estate gurus (CA SB-827 related) [Re: wildingb]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA
High speed rail

roflmao

#2762704 - 03/13/18 01:57 PM Re: Question for the erBB's real estate gurus (CA SB-827 related) [Re: GDaddy]
Kento Online   content
Duke status

Loc: The Bar
Originally Posted By: GDaddy
The median home price in Barstow in the last 6 months for properties with less than 1 acre is $117,000, which will buy a small 3bd/2ba home in more/less average condition. With taxes and insurance the payment for that will be in the $800/month range. You can barely rent a beater 1bd apartment in the worst neighborhoods in the ghetto at that price.

Lovely Barstow.

I wonder how Baker ranks and if property values increase with views of the Bun Boy Thermometer. jam_on

Russ Meyer

#2762708 - 03/13/18 02:01 PM Re: Question for the erBB's real estate gurus (CA SB-827 related) [Re: ifallalot]
Kento Online   content
Duke status

Originally Posted By: ifallalot
High speed rail

roflmao

I much prefer the Queen Victoria era Coaster that promotes Parkinson's awareness, especially as it approaches hair-raising speeds of 40 mph.

Russ Meyer

#2762711 - 03/13/18 02:02 PM Re: Question for the erBB's real estate gurus (CA SB-827 related) [Re: casa_mugrienta]
GDaddy Online   sleepy
Duke status

Loc: Carlsbad
That's the whole point of urbanization - to get away from sprawl. Preferably to put people closer to their employment so they won't have to commute, or to put people along the mass transit lines between their home and employment.

#2762712 - 03/13/18 02:03 PM Re: Question for the erBB's real estate gurus (CA SB-827 related) [Re: Kento]
GDaddy Online   sleepy
Duke status

Originally Posted By: Kento
The median home price in Barstow in the last 6 months for properties with less than 1 acre is $117,000, which will buy a small 3bd/2ba home in more/less average condition. With taxes and insurance the payment for that will be in the $800/month range. You can barely rent a beater 1bd apartment in the worst neighborhoods in the ghetto at that price.

Lovely Barstow.

I wonder how Baker ranks and if property values increase with views of the Bun Boy Thermometer. jam_on

I just found out last week that Del Taco was started in Yermo and Barstow.

The more you know.

#2762727 - 03/13/18 02:16 PM Re: Question for the erBB's real estate gurus (CA SB-827 related) [Re: GDaddy]
Kento Online   content
Duke status

Lovely Barstow.

I just found out last week that Del Taco was started in Yermo and Barstow.

The more you know.

I did not know that. Things you learn every day...

There's actually a lot of cool places around Barstow: Rainbow Basin/Owl Canyon, Amboy Crater, Pisgah Lava Tubes, Mojave National Preserve, etc.

Couldn't live around there though. Some very odd people out there in the desert too. crazy2

Russ Meyer

#2762742 - 03/13/18 02:26 PM Re: Question for the erBB's real estate gurus (CA SB-827 related) [Re: casa_mugrienta]
GDaddy Online   sleepy
Duke status

Quote:
Some very odd people out there in the desert too

Which brings up another cliche; when you go to the grocery store, you are who you shop with. That's not a bad thing if you've figured out what kind of situation you want to live in.

#2762748 - 03/13/18 02:32 PM Re: Question for the erBB's real estate gurus (CA SB-827 related) [Re: GDaddy]
Kento Online   content
Duke status

Quote:
Some very odd people out there in the desert too

Which brings up another cliche; when you go to the grocery store, you are who you shop with. That's not a bad thing if you've figured out what kind of situation you want to live in.

I am NOT one of the people rolling into the express line with 47 items. shameonyou roflmao

Unfortunately, those people never buy beer because it would be quite satisfying to assist them in reducing their item count by drinking their beer in the checkout line. beer

Russ Meyer

#2762777 - 03/13/18 03:03 PM Re: Question for the erBB's real estate gurus (CA SB-827 related) [Re: casa_mugrienta]
GDaddy Online   sleepy
Duke status

Quote:
I am NOT one of the people rolling into the express line with 47 items.

That's strictly an OC move. Hooray-4-Me;Fck-U

#2762781 - 03/13/18 03:08 PM Re: Question for the erBB's real estate gurus (CA SB-827 related) [Re: GDaddy]
Kento Online   content
Duke status

Quote:

That would be the prevailing attitude around here.

The police need to step up their tasings.

Russ Meyer

#2762782 - 03/13/18 03:09 PM Re: Question for the erBB's real estate gurus (CA SB-827 related) [Re: casa_mugrienta]
StuAzole Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status

Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta
Originally Posted By: obslop
they're not going to build low income housing with this measure.

Interesting statement here - I thought the whole point of this was to "solve the housing crisis."

The housing crisis in SD is supply (or lack thereof) driven. They'll start building small flats etc. which will be more affordable to the masses.

I don't love this plan, but it seems a natural result of the decades of NIMBYism that CA has lived through.

#2762784 - 03/13/18 03:14 PM Re: Question for the erBB's real estate gurus (CA SB-827 related) [Re: GDaddy]
StuAzole Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status

The Coastal Commission has design approval authority over certain design elements in the coastal zones that might be of impact. It's just another layer of regulation over these environmentally sensitive areas. It doesn't necessarily stop developers from building big buildings near the coast unless they think a particular project could cause problems such as urban runoff or traffic or such.

But if it became a density free for all near - lets say - the Oceanside Transit District - the Coastal Commission might take a more aggressive stance towards all development in that area between Coast Hwy and the beach itself. If so that might function as a backdoor control on density within the coastal zone itself.

Depending on the politics of the members of the Coastal Commission, who are political appointees by the Governor.

Here's a link to their map page.
https://www.coastal.ca.gov/maps/

Coastal Commission will approve all sorts of stuff as long as it has public serving aspects. Look at HB. In many cases, they actually push aspects that cities don't even want - more restaurants, apartments etc. Their job's not to stop development, just to make coastal development serve the public.

#2762788 - 03/13/18 03:19 PM Re: Question for the erBB's real estate gurus (CA SB-827 related) [Re: ifallalot]
FecalFace Offline
Duke status

Loc: down der by the harbor
Originally Posted By: ifallalot
Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta
Originally Posted By: grapedrink
Wonder if they will build enough underground parking to accommodate all of these units shrug drowning

The legislation details it will not be a requirement to provide any sort of parking or to have adequate street parking.

Quote:
Or they will just expect that everyone will use public transportation, and those green bikes, because they make it so convenient confused2 roflmao drowning

See above.

The future as some envision it is to never leave your neighborhood unless you take public transportation or use a ridesharing service.

AKA pure hell and zero freedom.

Where are you going to physically put all the cars and people?

If you want "freedom", you shouldn't have moved to the OC. foreheadslap

The current traffic problems directly stem from the lack of foresight you are displaying here.

PS I love the false dichotomy of posting pictures of the worst of the communist urban developments as though that's the only choice we have.

PS2 Sorry rice, I had to. It's like crack. bawling smile2

#2762811 - 03/13/18 03:53 PM Re: Question for the erBB's real estate gurus (CA SB-827 related) [Re: FecalFace]
Kento Online   content
Duke status

Originally Posted By: FecalFace

If you want "freedom", you shouldn't have moved to the OC. foreheadslap

Still hold up today (more so actually). jam_on

Russ Meyer

#2762818 - 03/13/18 03:59 PM Re: Question for the erBB's real estate gurus (CA SB-827 related) [Re: Kento]
GDaddy Online   sleepy
Duke status

Quote:

That would be the prevailing attitude around here.

The police need to step up their tasings.

I don't know if they're still popular, but the people who lived in Yorba Linda use to put license plate frames that said "Yorba Linda - Land of Gracious Living". One of my nephews was working as a server at a restaurant there and got together with a couple of his buddies and ordered a batch of frames with the same coloring and lettering that said "Yorba Linda, Hooray for Me, Fck You" and made periodic raids to swap out the original frames with the subversive version.

I never heard anything that might have come of it, but it's a nice thought.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32