REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
Re: The transgender fad officially jumps the shark (!?) [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2724444
12/18/17 05:35 PM
12/18/17 05:35 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
I like to add in a "sir" or "ma'am" with strangers whenever I can, *particularly* with service workers, because I want to convey my respects for their work.

Ima need to reconsider that habit because sooner or later some outlier is going to take personal offense over my inability to read their mind.

#sowhat
Re: The transgender fad officially jumps the shark (!?) [Re: GDaddy] #2724448
12/18/17 05:42 PM
12/18/17 05:42 PM
1whoknows Online content
Phil Edwards status
1whoknows  Online Content
Phil Edwards status

Originally Posted By: GDaddy
I like to add in a "sir" or "ma'am" with strangers whenever I can, *particularly* with service workers, because I want to convey my respects for their work.

Ima need to reconsider that habit because sooner or later some outlier is going to take personal offense over my inability to read their mind.

You're correct. I've known a couple of dozen transgendered persons. A woman who has transitioned from male to female will be hurt, offended, and/or angered if called "sir."

Last edited by 1whoknows; 12/18/17 05:52 PM. Reason: It's tricky
Re: The transgender fad officially jumps the shark (!?) [Re: GDaddy] #2724451
12/18/17 05:45 PM
12/18/17 05:45 PM
S
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline
Tom Curren status
S

Hardly. This is how that would go...

Garbage collector comes by the house and picks up your trash. You're outside and wave to him. He yells "hey, have a nice day!" You look at him and notice he may be transgender and yell back "Thanks, you too!"

End of story.

Alternative ending - the trash collector yells "hey, have a nice day!". You look at him and don't notice he may be transgender and yell "thank you, Sir. You too!". He stops the truck, gets out and says "I appreciate the kinds words, but I'm transgender. If you don't mind, can you call me "______" (insert any name, it doesn't matter) going forward please? You say "sure".

The end.

Bock you
Re: The transgender fad officially jumps the shark (!?) [Re: StuAzole] #2724455
12/18/17 05:48 PM
12/18/17 05:48 PM
D
Democrat Offline
Grom
Democrat  Offline
Grom
D

Originally Posted By: StuAzole

Garbage collector comes by the house and picks up your trash. You're outside and wave to him. He yells "hey, have a nice day!" You look at him and notice he may be transgender and yell back "Thanks, you too!"

End of story.

Alternative ending - the trash collector yells "hey, have a nice day!". You look at him and don't notice he may be transgender and yell "thank you, Sir. You too!". He stops the truck, gets out and says "I appreciate the kinds words, but I'm transgender. If you don't mind, can you call me "______" (insert any name, it doesn't matter) going forward please? You say "sure".

The end.

I like this story. #progress

Re: The transgender fad officially jumps the shark (!?) [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2724469
12/18/17 05:58 PM
12/18/17 05:58 PM
Body of Christ, Texas
T
test_article Offline
Phil Edwards status
test_article  Offline
Phil Edwards status
T

Body of Christ, Texas
Every neighborhood has it own language, if you will.

Re: The transgender fad officially jumps the shark (!?) [Re: StuAzole] #2724471
12/18/17 06:01 PM
12/18/17 06:01 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad

End of story.

The end.

In your first scenario I have dropped my attempts at expressing additional politeness and civility.

In your alternate scenario I'd better not ever forget that person's face or their preference, which is unfortunate for me because I generally forget most people 5 minutes after I meet them.

MAYBE the solution is to submit to the SJW tactic of simply redefining the meanings of these common English terms so that the terms of convenience can continue to be used as a term of convenience.

#sowhat
Re: The transgender fad officially jumps the shark (!?) [Re: GDaddy] #2724474
12/18/17 06:09 PM
12/18/17 06:09 PM
W
wilymburro Offline
Nep status
wilymburro  Offline
Nep status
W

End of story.

The end.

In your first scenario I have dropped my attempts at expressing additional politeness and civility.

In your alternate scenario I'd better not ever forget that person's face or their preference, which is unfortunate for me because I generally forget most people 5 minutes after I meet them.

MAYBE the solution is to submit to the SJW tactic of simply redefining the meanings of these common English terms so that the terms of convenience can continue to be used as a term of convenience.

Conform to the new normal?

Banned
Re: The transgender fad officially jumps the shark (!?) [Re: wilymburro] #2724476
12/18/17 06:12 PM
12/18/17 06:12 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
It's usually up to the outliers to conform to the herd. The trick is deciding exactly where the herd is on the issue.

#sowhat
Re: The transgender fad officially jumps the shark (!?) [Re: ifallalot] #2724478
12/18/17 06:13 PM
12/18/17 06:13 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
F

your mom
Originally Posted By: ifallalot
Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta
Originally Posted By: FecalFace
Why so much fuss over a trend?

People get irritated when forced to play along with the imaginary.

Who is forcing you to do anything?

All people are asking you is not to be a fvcking asshole to trangender people.

But oh no, can't do that.

I have no problem acknowledging someone as male or female. Regardless of however they were born. And nor does the majority of the population.

What I do have a problem with is pushing things beyond the scope of reason and into the imaginary. And if you work in a large bureaucratic organization with thousands of employees you're going to deal with this crap and need have your legal team on it. I have seen this happen firsthand, and the completely absurd fallout that comes from it when people suddenly have to adjust pronoun usage into invented terms or addressing one individual in terms of multiple individuals.

That's being a fvcking asshole.

Further, the new creation of "Gender X" on state IDs and passports is just plain fooking dumb. Beyond the scope of reason again. There is clearly a reason to identify an individual as male or female on an ID.

Gender X is symbolic of mental chaos I guess - lets you know who you're dealing with. crazy2

They/Them usage is incorrect grammar anyway. Its attaching a plural descriptor to an individual.

Who the fvck cares? You are not being forced" to do shit. It's all in your petty heads.

You are the ones who created the transgender "fad" by getting your panties in a bunch over bathroom signs and transgenders in the military. This has no bearing on anybody else's life.
If you weren't petty idiots, it would have on yours either.
This problem only exists at Proud Bois meetings, nobody else see it as anything else other than people in pursuit of their own version of happiness that doesn't harm anybody.

It was never a "fad" for transgender people.

Transphobia is the new homophobia.
Islamophobia is the new racism.
Chauvinism is the new mysogny.
Cultural supremacy is the new white supremacy.

The only thing that's a constant are the authoritarian fascist POS like you three.

Re: The transgender fad officially jumps the shark (!?) [Re: wilymburro] #2724483
12/18/17 06:24 PM
12/18/17 06:24 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
F

your mom
Originally Posted By: wilymburro

End of story.

The end.

It all boils down to basic respect to other human beings of which people who see this as a problem have none.

Re: The transgender fad officially jumps the shark (!?) [Re: FecalFace] #2724488
12/18/17 06:37 PM
12/18/17 06:37 PM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline OP
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline OP
Duke status
C

Petak Island
Originally Posted By: FecalFace
Originally Posted By: wilymburro

End of story.

The end.

It all boils down to basic respect to other human beings of which people who see this as a problem have none.

Like I said, I have no problem addressing anyone by he or she regardless of what they have in their pants. That means a guy with a dick who became a woman or someone with a pussy who became a man. Zero fooks given. They're just people living their life.

I have a problem playing along with the imaginary. Like invented pronouns and gender fluidity. These are people who are either having an active episodic mental illness (in which the imaginary should not be reinforced by the sane) or seeking attention at the inconvenience of others and the organization where they are employed/society at large. If you work in a large bureaucracy with thousands of employees you're either dealing with it, or will be dealing with it in the future.

Re: The transgender fad officially jumps the shark (!?) [Re: 1whoknows] #2724491
12/18/17 06:39 PM
12/18/17 06:39 PM
Petak Island
C
Duke status
Duke status
C

Petak Island
Originally Posted By: 1whoknows
I've known a couple of dozen transgendered persons.

Sure you have.

Re: The transgender fad officially jumps the shark (!?) [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2724493
12/18/17 06:42 PM
12/18/17 06:42 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
F

your mom
Yeah, being respectful is inconvenient.
Being an asshole to transgender people is much easier.

Re: The transgender fad officially jumps the shark (!?) [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2724495
12/18/17 06:45 PM
12/18/17 06:45 PM
1whoknows Online content
Phil Edwards status
1whoknows  Online Content
Phil Edwards status

Sure you have.
I don't work in a surf shop.

Re: The transgender fad officially jumps the shark (!?) [Re: 1whoknows] #2724502
12/18/17 06:55 PM
12/18/17 06:55 PM
Petak Island
C
Duke status
Duke status
C

Petak Island

Sure you have.
I don't work in a surf shop.

You must work at tumblr.

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32