REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: "Support Eric Clanton" [Re: craigj532] #2676625
08/22/17 03:43 PM
08/22/17 03:43 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Online sick
Duke status
ifallalot  Online Sick
Duke status
I

HB, CA
Originally Posted By: craigj532
Originally Posted By: ifallalot
roflmao

rot in hell faggot

Ah, it's always great when someone reveals his true colors.

Funny how I've said faggot for years but as soon as my opinions start to fall on the Right side of the spectrum now its a problem

My entire existence is a failed gotcha
Re: "Support Eric Clanton" [Re: GDaddy] #2676635
08/22/17 03:57 PM
08/22/17 03:57 PM
F
frvcvs Offline
Duke status
frvcvs  Offline
Duke status
F

Originally Posted By: GDaddy
Quote:
Gdaddy, out of curiosity how did you come upon this?

I understood your first question to refer to the alt-right, which you confirmed with your 2nd question

Quote:
Alt-right sources?

Seeing as how a lot of people on the left are using the term "alt-right" inaccurately and in application to a lot of people who share almost nothing in common with the people who coined the term, can you be more specific?

My default news feeds are MSN and the SD Union-Tribune/LA Times. I don't patronize Fox or any outlet or individual commentator to the right of Fox, although I might catch the odd Tucker Carlson or Dave Rubin vid if they're interviewing someone interesting, or if a few of the others are doing something interesting. I hate Tucker Carlson's whole act because he's so condescending and patronizing, but they still sometimes land some interesting interviews. Hannity as well, although I haven't seen anything from him since before the election.

It's always my preference to go directly to the story to see it for myself rather than to rely solely on some pundit's interpretation of it. If someone mentions a statistic or an article I will go to that source and look at the original material myself before I decide what I think of that material in its original context.

If I can't see that original source then I don't assume the accuracy of the commentator's account of it, because some of them lie.

So what was your source?

Do you share a similar outrage for those behind this attack?

Do you know the names of those who have been id'd in this attack? shrug

Re: "Support Eric Clanton" [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2676641
08/22/17 04:08 PM
08/22/17 04:08 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
F

your mom
Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta
Originally Posted By: FecalFace
roflmao

rot in hell faggot

There it is.

I knew you could do it.

Jews next!

Says the guy who constantly uses homosexuality as an insult.

You must not even own a mirror?

Wrong.

When I say you suck Nazi dick, that's not an insult to homosexuals.

There's nothing wrong with dick sucking.

It's just that the particular dick that you are sucking, is attached to a NAZI.

Thanks you.

Re: "Support Eric Clanton" [Re: frvcvs] #2676642
08/22/17 04:11 PM
08/22/17 04:11 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
F

your mom
Originally Posted By: frvcvs

I saw it Saturday from multiple sources as well.

Alt-right sources? shrug

Remember when GDaddy and ifall started a thread about a Nazi who killed and maimed people with his car and called him a piece of shit and a faggot?

Me neither. Weird.

Re: "Support Eric Clanton" [Re: FecalFace] #2676644
08/22/17 04:16 PM
08/22/17 04:16 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline OP
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline OP
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
I didn't call Eric Clanton a POS or a faggot, or the congressonal shooter a POS or a faggot, but I did call for the criminal prosecution and (if warranted) the death penalty for the Charlestone asshole.

But apparently that wasn't sufficient to qualify as an appropriate virtue signal for your tastes.

#sowhat
Re: "Support Eric Clanton" [Re: frvcvs] #2676647
08/22/17 04:22 PM
08/22/17 04:22 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline OP
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline OP
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
Quote:

I understood your first question to refer to the alt-right, which you confirmed with your 2nd question

Quote:
Alt-right sources?

Seeing as how a lot of people on the left are using the term "alt-right" inaccurately and in application to a lot of people who share almost nothing in common with the people who coined the term, can you be more specific?

My default news feeds are MSN and the SD Union-Tribune/LA Times. I don't patronize Fox or any outlet or individual commentator to the right of Fox, although I might catch the odd Tucker Carlson or Dave Rubin vid if they're interviewing someone interesting, or if a few of the others are doing something interesting. I hate Tucker Carlson's whole act because he's so condescending and patronizing, but they still sometimes land some interesting interviews. Hannity as well, although I haven't seen anything from him since before the election.

It's always my preference to go directly to the story to see it for myself rather than to rely solely on some pundit's interpretation of it. If someone mentions a statistic or an article I will go to that source and look at the original material myself before I decide what I think of that material in its original context.

If I can't see that original source then I don't assume the accuracy of the commentator's account of it, because some of them lie.

So what was your source?

Do you share a similar outrage for those behind this attack?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6CaRLSbEQjU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Do you know the names of those who have been id'd in this attack? shrug

Source: several. And what difference does it make where I got it, because the "it" is the substantiative topic of the discussion, not who found it first. Which at best is a diversion from the "it". The only reason you want a source is to invoke the moral argument in lieu of a discussion of the "it" on its own merits. Which in my book is not an argument of substance, but one of appearances and superficial virtue signaling.

I don't attack the material that gets posted here that's obviously derived from Huffpo based on its source because I don't care where it comes from - I prefer to think of the material stands or falls on its own merits. You?

As for the beat down, of course I condemn it - assuming the victim with the bandana getting beat wasn't a volunteer in the fight. I guess now that you're brought it up I'll have to look for accounts from both sides of this fight to see how it happened.

But in general, asshole-on-asshole only warrants a general condemnation of both sides on the equal basis.

#sowhat
Re: "Support Eric Clanton" [Re: GDaddy] #2676653
08/22/17 04:36 PM
08/22/17 04:36 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline OP
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline OP
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
Since you made me look, I found this vid next on the playlist and from the same content provider.

https://youtu.be/viBmXF7L7ss

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm hearing challenges to fight and two groups confronting each other, so it's not like this one guy was minding his own business by himself and he just got jumped for being black. He still has the bandana over his face on as he runs away, so that right there speaks to his participation in hostilities.

You can see in the above clip between 1:01 to 1:06 that in addition to the white racists there are also 2 other POCs directly participating in the violence and fighting against them.

Obviously, open to discussion.

#sowhat
Re: "Support Eric Clanton" [Re: GDaddy] #2676655
08/22/17 04:43 PM
08/22/17 04:43 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
F

your mom
I love this notion where nazis, white supremacists and other garden variety fascists just showed up to protest their right to free speech and state their political views peacefully.

roflmao

Provocation is what they seek. They are baiting and when they get what they ask for, they play victims.

I'm still laughing about calling a Nazi march in Boston a "Free Speech march".
So 40k people who stood up to this scum are by default anti free speech.

LOL

I listened to these antifa kids speak in some podcast, after hearing one of them being interviewed on Intercepted and they are idiots.
Quasi intellectualism laced with profanity, lacking humor but laughing frequently, calling each other "comrades". roflmao

Still better than Nazis.

Re: "Support Eric Clanton" [Re: FecalFace] #2676656
08/22/17 04:58 PM
08/22/17 04:58 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline OP
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline OP
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
Actually I agree with almost all of the above except for the last line, and that's only by a matter of degree. And of course the double standard of excluding mention of the same wound seeking and provocating behavior when the left does it.

I DGAF what happens to any extremist on either side *except* to the extent it leads to continued violence. If they step off the curb outside of the limitations of their permits then arrest them and throw their ass in jail.

#sowhat
Re: "Support Eric Clanton" [Re: FecalFace] #2676658
08/22/17 05:08 PM
08/22/17 05:08 PM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline
Duke status
C

Petak Island
Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta
roflmao

rot in hell faggot

There it is.

I knew you could do it.

Jews next!

Says the guy who constantly uses homosexuality as an insult.

You must not even own a mirror?

Wrong.

When I say you suck Nazi dick, that's not an insult to homosexuals.

There's nothing wrong with dick sucking.

It's just that the particular dick that you are sucking, is attached to a NAZI.

Thanks you.

Don't try to rationalize your behavior by using choice examples to defend yourself.

Re: "Support Eric Clanton" [Re: ifallalot] #2676661
08/22/17 05:12 PM
08/22/17 05:12 PM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline
Duke status
C

Petak Island
Originally Posted By: craigj532
roflmao

rot in hell faggot

Ah, it's always great when someone reveals his true colors.

Funny how I've said faggot for years but as soon as my opinions start to fall on the Right side of the spectrum now its a problem

That's how it works.

Choice words are only justifiable on the left.
Nastiness is only justifiable on the left.
"Vile" behavior is only justifiable on the left.

"Vile" in quotes because it's a word I never use in real life, it's just the word du jour here.
The only people who use it in real life tend to be rather vile humans.

Now lets go throw bottles of piss and bags of shit at cops!

Re: "Support Eric Clanton" [Re: ifallalot] #2676666
08/22/17 05:16 PM
08/22/17 05:16 PM
CA
R
rice Offline
Duke status
rice  Offline
Duke status
R

CA

I saw it Saturday from multiple sources as well.

Oh, I'm sure! And, I bet Casa is all over this, too.

That said, screw this guy. Don't hit people. With U-locks, or cars.

Re: "Support Eric Clanton" [Re: GDaddy] #2676669
08/22/17 05:18 PM
08/22/17 05:18 PM
F
frvcvs Offline
Duke status
frvcvs  Offline
Duke status
F

Since you made me look, I found this vid next on the playlist and from the same content provider.

https://youtu.be/viBmXF7L7ss

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm hearing challenges to fight and two groups confronting each other, so it's not like this one guy was minding his own business by himself and he just got jumped for being black. He still has the bandana over his face on as he runs away, so that right there speaks to his participation in hostilities.

You can see in the above clip between 1:01 to 1:06 that in addition to the white racists there are also 2 other POCs directly participating in the violence and fighting against them.

Obviously, open to discussion.

So you're suggesting that the kid who got cracked with a u-lock, presumably by this Eric Clanton guy was just "minding his own business by himself" and happened to fall victim to an unprovoked violent attack with a potentially deadly weapon?

I watched the video. He in no way deserved to get hit with that bike lock for his words. But to say he wasn't acting as a provocateur is mighty disingenuous. As for the fellow that got jumped by the mob, I never claimed he was an angel either. But do you really think his words warranted a beating by an angry mob??

The point being that if you're outraged you should want justice on all sides when you clearly are willing and eager to take one. I asked for your sources because I had never heard the name "Eric Clanton" prior to this thread and had a feeling that those on the alt-right were circulating his identity in a similar manner to those that have been ID'd in the Deandre Harris beating. Neither deserved the injuries they got and the perps on both sides need to pay the price.

From the little I know of the Eric Clanton story he's a lot less identifiable via the footage I saw. I hope to hell these 4chan guys found something more damning and concrete if it is. If this wasn't him I sincerely feel terrible for him and he is a victim of an online mob. If it was he deserves swift justice.

For what it's worth I have an acquaintance who was wrongly ID'd by alt-right internet sleuths in the infamous punching of Richard Spencer. No, not the cuck that Dougie posted here. But it made his life hell for a short period of time. His employers were contacted, his family members, etc. Internet vigilantism or doxxing can be a good thing when its directed at the right people and the laws are failing us. But unfortunately there are very little repercussions when they get it wrong.

Re: "Support Eric Clanton" [Re: FecalFace] #2676676
08/22/17 05:31 PM
08/22/17 05:31 PM
O
Oakleys_N_Zinka Offline
Michael Peterson status
Oakleys_N_Zinka  Offline
Michael Peterson status
O

I love this notion where nazis, white supremacists and other garden variety fascists just showed up to protest their right to free speech and state their political views peacefully.

roflmao

Provocation is what they seek. They are baiting and when they get what they ask for, they play victims.

It's a pretty damn easy trap to avoid if you have any emotional intelligence. White supremacists have already made up their minds, let them LARP. It's protected speech. You can't win in a debate against them since they are ideologically possessed, and attacking them feeds their victim complex. Maybe do the thing where you play the tuba behind them during their march. Me, I'm going to work or going on a hike or something productive or fun, or posting on here. I think it might be good to be illegal to bring weapons of any kind to a political rally.

I'm still laughing about calling a Nazi march in Boston a "Free Speech march".
So 40k people who stood up to this scum are by default anti free speech.

LOL

There's a weird conflation of free speech and hate speech going on these days -- kind of like how Rush Limbaugh and his ilk turned the word "liberal" into a perjorative that has nothing to do with the original meaning, but a bit more Orwellian. I do like to go on and on like a windbag about how great free speech is (it is) but now that is code for Nazi, which is unfortunate.

I listened to these antifa kids speak in some podcast, after hearing one of them being interviewed on Intercepted and they are idiots.
Quasi intellectualism laced with profanity, lacking humor but laughing frequently, calling each other "comrades". roflmao

Still better than Nazis.

What podcast?

Nobody puts Bodhi in the corner.
Re: "Support Eric Clanton" [Re: frvcvs] #2676678
08/22/17 05:34 PM
08/22/17 05:34 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline OP
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline OP
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
The guy who got clocked with the U-lock was doing the same thing 20 other people were doing in that space, so to that extent he was an equal participant and he fully deserved the same thing everyone else there got. But when the U-lock person crossed the line into the assault with a weapon that, had he been a little more competent , could easily have killed the victim then I'm not going to consider the U-lock guy's actions to be the equivalent of everyone else's. Not him, not the chick who was hitting people with a bike chain wrapped in her bandana, not the clubs disguised as flagpoles, not any of it.

The victim in this case deserves justice, and the people who beat him deserve criminal prosecution. If he is found to have committed any violence of his own then he also deserves criminal prosecution. I'm content to let those events play out on their own, which unfortunately takes a long time.

This ongoing dispute has generated LOTS of injuries via the mass attack, so in that respect there's nothing particularly unusual about this assault other than this time the victim is black and his attackers are white racists.

The thing we should all be mindful of is the selective application of the criminal justice system based on disparate treatment of these belligerents based on their ideology. It is the perception of unequal treatment under the law that will prompt more people to bypass more legitimate political expression by going to violence instead.

Some of you may think it can't get any worse so we might as well let it play out, but I disagree.

#sowhat
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32