REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 95 of 97 1 2 93 94 95 96 97
Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2992327
08/05/19 01:44 AM
08/05/19 01:44 AM
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
R
Retropete Offline
Miki Dora status
Retropete  Offline
Miki Dora status
R

I was just going off the dome shape that I see commonly presented. If it was me I'd be touting a spherical tube going straight up from the perimeter. So pitted!
Ooops...Yep the last bit was me taking the piss! Again.

Caution: excessive Kool Aid consumption may lead to a bitter aftertaste!
Re: Distant Shores [Re: Retropete] #2992363
08/05/19 04:18 AM
08/05/19 04:18 AM
B
Bohter Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
Bohter  Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
B

Originally Posted by Retropete
I was just going off the dome shape that I see commonly presented. If it was me I'd be touting a spherical tube going straight up from the perimeter. So pitted!
Ooops...Yep the last bit was me taking the piss! Again.

I like to think outside the box on this topic...as you did...

I kinda like the idea of lots more ice....and possibly more ponds like us...much bigger....ie...more surf eh?
Talk about new discoveries!!!
Maybe that's the alien connection eh?
There's been books written about it...passages thru the ice...

Or it's just us...our own little Truman Show.
Except for the aliens...
Then what?
Other dimensional things we don't know how to explain?

Sure would like to know what Admiral Byrd discovered and eventually knew....he bugged out pretty quick.

Living is easy with eyes closed...Misunderstanding all you see. The Beatles
I know you've deceived me now here's a surprise...I know that you have because there's magic in my eyes. I can see for miles and miles... The Who
Nature abhors a vacuum....except when earth's pressure system is next to the vacuum of space.....then they coexist...unnaturally.
Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2992457
08/05/19 02:10 PM
08/05/19 02:10 PM
B
Bohter Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
Bohter  Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
B

This article caught my eye the other day....

Yahoo News Article: Conspiracy Theorists = Domestic Terrorists

...are you kidding me?

Ya....go ahead....Storm Area 51....and you'll prove 'em right eh?
Just who is behind the Storm Area 51 thing anyway?
Seems too perfect a storm....

I mentioned YT censorship in the above posts....this article seems to support the notion that the noose is tightening for those that question the official narrative.
shrug

Last edited by Bohter; 08/05/19 02:13 PM.

I know you've deceived me now here's a surprise...I know that you have because there's magic in my eyes. I can see for miles and miles... The Who
Nature abhors a vacuum....except when earth's pressure system is next to the vacuum of space.....then they coexist...unnaturally.
Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2992532
08/05/19 04:08 PM
08/05/19 04:08 PM
H
Hullman Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
Hullman  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
H

[Linked Image]

Missing legs on the platform due to the curvature of the earth, refraction allows you to see coastline hidden by the curve behind the platform.

Bohter, do you know how a lens works, you know, the glass thing in you P-1000?

Re: Distant Snores [Re: Bohter] #2992699
08/05/19 10:49 PM
08/05/19 10:49 PM
D
Driftcoast Offline
Michael Peterson status
Driftcoast  Offline
Michael Peterson status
D

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Driftcoast] #2992701
08/05/19 10:55 PM
08/05/19 10:55 PM
D
Driftcoast Offline
Michael Peterson status
Driftcoast  Offline
Michael Peterson status
D

Nothing debunks flat earth cosmology faster than itself.

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Hullman] #2992882
08/06/19 01:53 PM
08/06/19 01:53 PM
B
Bohter Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
Bohter  Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
B

Originally Posted by Hullman

[Linked Image]

Missing legs on the platform due to the curvature of the earth, refraction allows you to see coastline hidden by the curve behind the platform.

Hullman...have heard the same from Driftcoast about a year ago. Hmmmm?
Few questions...
1) How much of that rigs legs should be missing due to curvature? And how did you ascertain they're missing...pretty fuzzy in that photo eh?
2) Does refraction typically distort an object....like a mirage does.....or can it raise it thousands of feet w/o any obvious distortion?
3) Is this phenomena rare....like a mirage?

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2992887
08/06/19 02:01 PM
08/06/19 02:01 PM
B
Bohter Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
Bohter  Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
B

Bit of a history lesson here.....using directional radio antenna to beam two signals for WWII German bombers to track and locate targets over the UK. Implications about the shape of the earth as well....

And back to our pressure system being next to the endless vacuum of space.....

shrug

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2992955
08/06/19 02:52 PM
08/06/19 02:52 PM
D
Driftcoast Offline
Michael Peterson status
Driftcoast  Offline
Michael Peterson status
D

Originally Posted by Bohter

[Linked Image]

Few questions...
1) How much of that rigs legs should be missing due to curvature? And how did you ascertain they're missing...pretty fuzzy in that photo eh?
2) Does refraction typically distort an object....like a mirage does.....or can it raise it thousands of feet w/o any obvious distortion?

Bet you'll never see me and Hullman in the room at the same time smile

Hey, Doofenstein, you ghost this post again?

1- Flat earth means no missing legs. They are missing because you can't see sky on the other side of them.
2- Refraction doesn't always distort things.
3- It isn't rare in some parts of the world. Just like tornadoes aren't rare in Kansas but snow on San Diego beaches is, local conditions matter.

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2993276
08/07/19 12:07 AM
08/07/19 12:07 AM
R
Retropete Offline
Miki Dora status
Retropete  Offline
Miki Dora status
R

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2993339
08/07/19 03:11 AM
08/07/19 03:11 AM
B
Bohter Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
Bohter  Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
B

This guy makes cool vids...really good quality....

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Driftcoast] #2993420
08/07/19 02:00 PM
08/07/19 02:00 PM
B
Bohter Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
Bohter  Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
B

Originally Posted by Driftcoast
Originally Posted by Bohter

[Linked Image]

Few questions...

Bet you'll never see me and Hullman in the room at the same time smile

Hey, Doofenstein, you ghost this post again?

1- Flat earth means no missing legs. They are missing because you can't see sky on the other side of them.
2- Refraction doesn't always distort things.
3- It isn't rare in some parts of the world. Just like tornadoes aren't rare in Kansas but snow on San Diego beaches is, local conditions matter.

Missing legs? How about this shot of the same rig from the same camera location & elevation? Can you see light thru the legs? How much of these legs are missing due to the curvature of the earth? Is the rig before or beyond the purported globe horizon? Where should the horizon be?

[Linked Image]

Refraction does not distort things? Shoots....every time I see a mirage it's distorted as all get out.

Rare? What's rare is never seeing the scene as it should be with the globe horizon where it should be relative to all the landscape that should be in your line of sight. Ever. Common is an inferior mirage....due to upward light refraction....hiding stuff along and above the horizon.....with the should be globe horizon well above.

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2993497
08/07/19 03:56 PM
08/07/19 03:56 PM
R
Retropete Offline
Miki Dora status
Retropete  Offline
Miki Dora status
R

In the video you posted by the English guy it is clearly full of oil rigs and wind generators that are missing lower sections that no amount of zooming in will bring back into focus. There's no observer heights given or details from the curve calculator numbers given to back up what he's written on the screen.
If it was a court of law his evidence would be disregarded as hearsay due to lack of corroboration.
I'm certainly not going to accept what he has presented as truthful without sufficient proof of his method to back up his claims.

That any parts of the buildings he shows are missing still leaves the question hanging unanswered. Where's the rest of them?
The sunset footage simply looks like a sun dipping below the horizon with it's light reflecting onto the underside of the clouds. How anyone can see a sunset and sunrise (pick a day...any day...theres lots of them) and claim it hasn't gone beyond the curve because it's too far away is too far gone.
Saying the sun is always up in the sky and disappearing due to perspective relative to position is absolutely at odds with what I observe with my eyes.
Anyway sunrises and sunsets are awesome all observations aside. Whether the earth is flat like a pancake or round like an orange life still tastes the same to me.

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2993519
08/07/19 04:38 PM
08/07/19 04:38 PM
D
Driftcoast Offline
Michael Peterson status
Driftcoast  Offline
Michael Peterson status
D

Another day, more rockets going to space and putting up orbiting satellites.

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Retropete] #2994063
08/08/19 02:17 PM
08/08/19 02:17 PM
B
Bohter Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
Bohter  Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
B

Originally Posted by Retropete
In the video you posted by the English guy it is clearly full of oil rigs and wind generators that are missing lower sections that no amount of zooming in will bring back into focus. There's no observer heights given or details from the curve calculator numbers given to back up what he's written on the screen.
If it was a court of law his evidence would be disregarded as hearsay due to lack of corroboration.
I'm certainly not going to accept what he has presented as truthful without sufficient proof of his method to back up his claims.

That any parts of the buildings he shows are missing still leaves the question hanging unanswered. Where's the rest of them?
The sunset footage simply looks like a sun dipping below the horizon with it's light reflecting onto the underside of the clouds. How anyone can see a sunset and sunrise (pick a day...any day...theres lots of them) and claim it hasn't gone beyond the curve because it's too far away is too far gone.
Saying the sun is always up in the sky and disappearing due to perspective relative to position is absolutely at odds with what I observe with my eyes.
Anyway sunrises and sunsets are awesome all observations aside. Whether the earth is flat like a pancake or round like an orange life still tastes the same to me.

Never said you could always zoom in and bring 'em fully back....though I am aware some folks claim this....mainly because you can re-see stuff by zooming after it's gone out of your normal eyesight range/resolution. Missing lower elevations are common....but are not due to curvature no matter what you wish to be true. Certainly curvature would cut things off....but there are other scientific explanations that must be understood as well. No real hanging questions remain if you do your own research and do repeated observations.

You could go watch the other videos from this guys YT Channel, Exploring the Plane, where he's provided all the pertinent data/info as you suggested would be needed in a court of law. Just as I have done. BTW...I'd have no trouble swearing in and presenting and explaining my photographic research to a jury of physicists / scientists. It speaks for itself. Also BTW....did you hear about the FE'er winning a court case over a proof bet that a Globe Guy claimed he had won? Judge ruled in favor of the FE'er....just sayin.

Now to my primary question for today....Do you agree an inferior mirage just above the waterline can hide the bottom of objects along the horizon?

Like this shot of Mugu Peak with the rounded edge to the right. It's due to an inferior mirage. Upward refraction. Is this what's responsible for hiding the lower elevations?
[Linked Image]

And...if it tastes the same...globe or flat....why do you care so much about this argument....kinda strange thing to say eh?

Cheers, Pete.

PS: Did you mean to say that underlit clouds at sunset are due to reflected light? Maybe just a poor wording choice, eh? Maybe should have said "with it's light shining onto...". hat

Page 95 of 97 1 2 93 94 95 96 97

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32