REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 84 of 86 1 2 82 83 84 85 86
Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2979019
07/10/19 02:43 AM
07/10/19 02:43 AM
B
Bohter Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
Bohter  Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
B

More John Smith talking with cool people at Speaker's Corner. Jump to 58 + minutes for the Turkish guy (always searching guy) and after that the older kinda proper English gentleman....

...who appears to have had his mind blown....
Like it's the first time he's evar discussed the topic....
Then there's the sunglasses guy...

Globe is Illusion....
socrazy

Last edited by Bohter; 07/10/19 02:50 AM.

Living is easy with eyes closed...Misunderstanding all you see. The Beatles
I know you've deceived me now here's a surprise...I know that you have because there's magic in my eyes. I can see for miles and miles... The Who
Nature abhors a vacuum....except when earth's pressure system is next to the vacuum of space.....then they coexist...unnaturally.
Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2979133
07/10/19 01:52 PM
07/10/19 01:52 PM
B
Bohter Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
Bohter  Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
B

Retropete mentioned he's watching FE debunking videos on YT. In my experience many of these full time (yes....there's full-time flat earth debunkers out there) debunkers are presenting nothing but nothing burgers disguised as science. Dr John D regularly calls these guys out, ala Mick West. Here's his most recent "expose" of flat earth debunker "Professor Dave"....

It's easy to spot some of these guys by the way they respond to FE proofs...they use 1) Obfuscation 2) Deflection 3) Word Salad & 4) Direction to a model. It's easy to identify....and it's very common these days.

Really curious that flat earth....being a nothing burger in most everyone's minds.....attracts so many full time and possibly professional "debunkers". It's all you get if you search "flat earth" on YT these days. A year ago you'd get a good mix of FE evidence videos. Not anymore.....and I think/believe much of the change to YT's search algorithm is due to flat earth popularity....and the need to squash it......
shrug

I know you've deceived me now here's a surprise...I know that you have because there's magic in my eyes. I can see for miles and miles... The Who
Nature abhors a vacuum....except when earth's pressure system is next to the vacuum of space.....then they coexist...unnaturally.
Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2979446
07/10/19 11:51 PM
07/10/19 11:51 PM
B
Bohter Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
Bohter  Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
B

Awhile back I took some shots from the road above Gaviota State Park. Took a closer look and found that we can see Conejo Mountain from there....but should not be able to....due to the curvature of the earth....
[Linked Image]

Here's what it should look like...
[Linked Image]

Here's the map...with distance...
[Linked Image]

And the hidden height calc....Conejo should be around 634 feet below the horizon....but it's not....
[Linked Image]

I was trying to capture Saddle Peak at almost 100 miles....believe the top is just at the waterline between Conejo and Sandstone. We're not seeing down to the shoreline due to inferior mirage...and possible other optical effects.....which is the norm...and it's variable day to day. I have shots where you can't see Conejo as well...the horizon is much higher.

shrug

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2979459
07/11/19 12:52 AM
07/11/19 12:52 AM
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
R
Retropete Offline
Miki Dora status
Retropete  Offline
Miki Dora status
R

Originally Posted by Bohter
Retropete mentioned he's watching FE debunking videos on YT. In my experience many of these full time (yes....there's full-time flat earth debunkers out there) debunkers are presenting nothing but nothing burgers disguised as science. Dr John D regularly calls these guys out, ala Mick West. Here's his most recent "expose" of flat earth debunker "Professor Dave"....
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cY3fTY-Nqd8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
It's easy to spot some of these guys by the way they respond to FE proofs...they use 1) Obfuscation 2) Deflection 3) Word Salad & 4) Direction to a model. It's easy to identify....and it's very common these days.

Really curious that flat earth....being a nothing burger in most everyone's minds.....attracts so many full time and possibly professional "debunkers". It's all you get if you search "flat earth" on YT these days. A year ago you'd get a good mix of FE evidence videos. Not anymore.....and I think/believe much of the change to YT's search algorithm is due to flat earth popularity....and the need to squash it......
shrug

Eh...I guess it's a matter of perspective. Watching SciManDan's videos I see him clearly and concisely putting his arguments forward.
Where I work there is a guy who comes by and he makes You tube videos on conspiracy theories, FE and Veganism full time. Talking to this guy in person its easy to spot that's he's a sandwich short of a picnic. Maybe his videos paint a different picture...perspective.

Caution: excessive Kool Aid consumption may lead to a bitter aftertaste!
Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2979480
07/11/19 01:38 AM
07/11/19 01:38 AM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Offline
Duke status
Autoprax  Offline
Duke status
A

Vagina Point
It's weird how you rely on the one piece of evidence.

If what you were saying were true there would be lots of other easy to identify evidence.

No no, don't look over there!

A threat response is a potent trigger for motivated reasoning.

"People who are right a lot listen a lot, and they change their mind a lot. . . . . They wake up and reanalyze things and change their mind. If you don't change your mind frequently, you're going to be wrong a lot."
Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2979605
07/11/19 01:46 PM
07/11/19 01:46 PM
B
Bohter Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
Bohter  Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
B

Awhile back I took some shots from the road above Gaviota State Park. Took a closer look and found that we can see Conejo Mountain from there....but should not be able to....due to the curvature of the earth....
[Linked Image]

Here's what it should look like...
[Linked Image]

Here's the map...with distance...
[Linked Image]

And the hidden height calc....Conejo should be around 634 feet below the horizon....but it's not....
[Linked Image]

I was trying to capture Saddle Peak at almost 100 miles....believe the top is just at the waterline between Conejo and Sandstone. We're not seeing down to the shoreline due to inferior mirage...and possible other optical effects.....which is the norm...and it's variable day to day. I have shots where you can't see Conejo as well...the horizon is much higher.

shrug

Went back thru this day's photos....blew up a bunch and messed with the contrast etc.....and am 99% sure we can see 2792' elevation Saddle Peak just behind and to the right of the oil rig....barely poking it's twin peaks above the "horizon". At 94.4 miles away the hidden height is 4373'.....meaning Saddle Peak should be 1581' below the horizon....but it's not.
applause2

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Autoprax] #2979634
07/11/19 03:20 PM
07/11/19 03:20 PM
B
Bohter Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
Bohter  Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
B

Originally Posted by Autoprax

If what you were saying were true there would be lots of other easy to identify evidence.

roflmao
Now Auto....you know I present and discuss many other evidences/proofs.

This evidence....seeing landscape that should be well below the horizon....just happens to be the most definitive....and it's fun to go do in person.

Well...that and the fact that the surface of large bodies of water have to be flat and level....and have been proven to be just that. It's a natural observation and simple knowledge that everyone understands....common knowledge. Yet we're expected to believe that oceans conform to the exterior of a spinning ball gyrating thru space....

shrug

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2979637
07/11/19 03:28 PM
07/11/19 03:28 PM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Offline
Duke status
Autoprax  Offline
Duke status
A

Vagina Point
What about the cover up?

How is the cover up of such a large scale possible?

"People who are right a lot listen a lot, and they change their mind a lot. . . . . They wake up and reanalyze things and change their mind. If you don't change your mind frequently, you're going to be wrong a lot."
Re: Distant Shores [Re: Autoprax] #2979748
07/11/19 05:41 PM
07/11/19 05:41 PM
B
Bohter Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
Bohter  Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
B

What about the cover up?

Millions of people are waking up to the globe earth conspiracy...it's one of the hottest topics sweeping the globe...
roflmao

Maybe it's time we add a few items to the list of typical troll response behaviors.....

1) Obfuscation (confusing the point or evidence on purpose)
2) Deflection / Redirection (ie, where's proof/photos of the ice wall or edge, what about this...what about that?)
3) Word Salad (saying a bunch of important sounding words that leave you asking wtf?)
4) Redirection to a model.... (show me the flat earth map)
5) Ridicule (Name calling...questioning IQ....education...on and on.)
6) Redirection to a "too big a conspiracy" or "impossible to cover-up" question (ahhh...impossible to cover up something like this)

Right? shameonyou

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2979830
07/11/19 07:47 PM
07/11/19 07:47 PM
R
Retropete Offline
Miki Dora status
Retropete  Offline
Miki Dora status
R

roflmao
Now Auto....you know I present and discuss many other evidences/proofs.

This evidence....seeing landscape that should be well below the horizon....just happens to be the most definitive....and it's fun to go do in person.

Well...that and the fact that the surface of large bodies of water have to be flat and level....and have been proven to be just that. It's a natural observation and simple knowledge that everyone understands....common knowledge. Yet we're expected to believe that oceans conform to the exterior of a spinning ball gyrating thru space....

shrug

In your last paragraph you show the common tactic of FE believers. A shared reliance on playing down the magnitude of the size of the earth and the space it exists within. It seems FE'rs can't accept that we are but specs of dust in the cosmos. Especially if they are also religious because it's intrinsic to also believe we as humans are top of the heap.
Sometimes natural observation and simple knowledge is just to limited to properly make sense of why it is so.

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2979874
07/11/19 09:09 PM
07/11/19 09:09 PM
H
Hullman Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
Hullman  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
H

"Dr." John and, apparently, you don't understand one of the basic constraints to the Second Law of Thermodynamics. I'm not going to tell you what it is. Look at any number of physics vids on Youtube (No FE vids allowed!) and within 2 minutes you should be able to figure it out. If you can't you should get your money back for your "engineering" education.

Why would Dave entertain ranting vids or comments by people who are completely ignorant or trolls at best?

Also, your curve calculators do not include corrections for atmospheric refraction. Its right there at the top of the field, "...assumes light travels in a straight line." Don't tell me you don't know what refraction is...

Would you fly in an airplane designed by a flat earther? I didn't think so.

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2979986
07/12/19 12:40 AM
07/12/19 12:40 AM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Offline
Duke status
Autoprax  Offline
Duke status
A

Vagina Point
What about the cover up?

Maybe it's time we add a few items to the list of typical troll response behaviors.....

6) Redirection to a "too big a conspiracy" or "impossible to cover-up" question (ahhh...impossible to cover up something like this)

Right? shameonyou

But if you are right, this question would be easy to answer.

And yet you can't or won't answer it.

Engaging in evasion instead, which doesn't help your cause at all.

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2980006
07/12/19 01:21 AM
07/12/19 01:21 AM
D
Driftcoast Offline
Michael Peterson status
Driftcoast  Offline
Michael Peterson status
D

1) Obfuscation (confusing the point or evidence on purpose)
2) Deflection / Redirection (ie, where's proof/photos of the ice wall or edge, what about this...what about that?)
3) Word Salad (saying a bunch of important sounding words that leave you asking wtf?)
4) Redirection to a model.... (show me the flat earth map)
5) Ridicule (Name calling...questioning IQ....education...on and on.)

Right? shameonyou

Pot calling kettle black much?

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2980945
07/13/19 10:51 PM
07/13/19 10:51 PM
R
Retropete Offline
Miki Dora status
Retropete  Offline
Miki Dora status
R

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2981012
07/14/19 04:04 AM
07/14/19 04:04 AM
Central Cal
L
Leaverite Offline
Michael Peterson status
Leaverite  Offline
Michael Peterson status
L

Central Cal
It's pretty stupid to think the earth is flat. Pearls floating on our pane of existence.

Every space flight has proved otherwise. What we should believe is our universe is a page. A flat band width we can access.

Interstellar travel. Folding that page to connect two distant points together. But if there are multiple pages. How do you access the right page???

Page 84 of 86 1 2 82 83 84 85 86

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32