REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 82 of 86 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 85 86
Re: Distant Shores [Re: Retropete] #2973877
06/28/19 02:47 AM
06/28/19 02:47 AM
B
Bohter Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
Bohter  Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
B

Originally Posted by Retropete
I'm not going to watch more FE videos. Good little money spinner for those who can pump enough views on their videos. Beats getting a real job.
I don't agree in the least it's silly to expect a valid answer to their contention that we are being lied to in the first place.
Motive needs to be established.

You expect an accurate answer from the folks not lying to you?!
Nah...
Motive is something to consider but I'd choose a physical measurement of where we live over a people problem every day.
No different from examining all the evidence if you're on a jury, eh?
shrug

Living is easy with eyes closed...Misunderstanding all you see. The Beatles
I know you've deceived me now here's a surprise...I know that you have because there's magic in my eyes. I can see for miles and miles... The Who
Nature abhors a vacuum....except when earth's pressure system is next to the vacuum of space.....then they coexist...unnaturally.
Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2974020
06/28/19 03:48 PM
06/28/19 03:48 PM
Orange County
L
littlewave Offline
Michael Peterson status
littlewave  Offline
Michael Peterson status
L

Orange County
Originally Posted by Bohter
I'm not going to watch more FE videos. Good little money spinner for those who can pump enough views on their videos. Beats getting a real job.
I don't agree in the least it's silly to expect a valid answer to their contention that we are being lied to in the first place.
Motive needs to be established.

You expect an accurate answer from the folks not lying to you?!
Nah...
Motive is something to consider but I'd choose a physical measurement of where we live over a people problem every day.
No different from examining all the evidence if you're on a jury, eh?
shrug

You just gave me a new voir dire question. Thanks!

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2974285
06/28/19 11:17 PM
06/28/19 11:17 PM
D
Driftcoast Offline
Michael Peterson status
Driftcoast  Offline
Michael Peterson status
D

I'd choose a physical measurement of where we live over a people problem every day.

Oh, in that case

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2974466
06/29/19 03:13 PM
06/29/19 03:13 PM
B
Bohter Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
Bohter  Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
B

Owen is on fire....

Listen to the guy at 1:17:25....to the end....listen to what he says re the moon landing and religion...interesting dude...

And....remember this one by Joe Walsh? The lyrics eh....hmmmm....

Sometimes, I can't help but feeling that I'm
Living a life of illusion
And oh, why can't we let it be
And see through the hole in this wall of confusion
I just can't help but feeling I'm living a life of Illusion
Pow, right between the eyes
Oh how nature loves her little surprises
Wow, it all seems so logical now
It's just one of her better disguises
And it comes with no warning, nature loves her little surprises
Continual crisis
Hey, don't you know it's a waste of your day
Caught up in endless solutions
That have no meaning
Just another hunch, based upon jumping conclusions
Backed up against a wall of confusion
Caught up in endless solutions
Living a life of illusion

shrug

I know you've deceived me now here's a surprise...I know that you have because there's magic in my eyes. I can see for miles and miles... The Who
Nature abhors a vacuum....except when earth's pressure system is next to the vacuum of space.....then they coexist...unnaturally.
Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2974520
06/29/19 05:04 PM
06/29/19 05:04 PM
D
Driftcoast Offline
Michael Peterson status
Driftcoast  Offline
Michael Peterson status
D

When rocket gets high enough, sunlight formerly blocked by the curve of the planet, hits the contrail. Proof right there of round earth. No idea what crazy people on the street talking about their own ignorance and stupidity have to present as their proof.

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Driftcoast] #2974582
06/29/19 06:49 PM
06/29/19 06:49 PM
B
Bohter Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
Bohter  Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
B

Originally Posted by Driftcoast
When rocket gets high enough, sunlight formerly blocked by the curve of the planet, hits the contrail. Proof right there of round earth. No idea what crazy people on the street talking about their own ignorance and stupidity have to present as their proof.

Nah...the rocket flame could be lighting it up as well....and there's less blocking from landscape & atmosphere wrt the suns location at that altitude.

I thought the non FE gentleman I mentioned had some fascinating things to say...

Still waiting for your analysis of the Nat Geo boat over the horizon test....was it past the horizon?
BTW - here's a video by the guys that did the test. They claim in this one that much of the first red stripe is missing....but the NG piece said nearly 1 1/2 stripes. Continuity problems? Anyway....both are total BS. The boat was nowhere near any horizon.....so obvious to everyone....the evidence is incontrovertible.

They failed with the ballon test as well. The science guys were recorded saying they could see the balloons when they were on the ground....oops.

shrug

Last edited by Bohter; 06/29/19 06:50 PM.

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2974615
06/29/19 10:25 PM
06/29/19 10:25 PM
D
Driftcoast Offline
Michael Peterson status
Driftcoast  Offline
Michael Peterson status
D

Nope, not the rocket flame or it would do that when the rocket was lower. The fact that it gets higher before the sunlight hits the contrail means something is blocking the light. That something is the curve of the spherical earth. Tell us how this shadow is because your version of perspective.

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2974681
06/30/19 04:59 AM
06/30/19 04:59 AM
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
R
Retropete Offline
Miki Dora status
Retropete  Offline
Miki Dora status
R

Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Appears National Geographic took down / deleted their Flat Earth piece recently. The one where they lied about the boat going over the horizon....hmmmm. This makes two flat earth videos by leading science authorities gone missing. The other one being the Stephen Hawking Genius PBS / Discovery Channel piece where they faked a helicopter over the horizon test. Damage control?
shrug

It is back up now....did not check to see if they changed anything....paging Grapedrink....
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/06bvdFK3vVU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Is the boat beyond the horizon if you can see water above and beyond it?
shrug

Where the FE'rs fall flat on their faces is providing any realistic answer to the elephant in the room question, "What is the point of a conspiracy to have people believe the earth is a globe?"
So Bohter...where did the stripes go?
Sargent and the crew had no answer and they were standing there looking at it. They just said they don't believe it. Well they have to do something better than that to not make themselves look ignorant because thats how they looked to me.

Hey and good morning Retropete and grapedrink...

The boat was nowhere near the horizon thus your questions about where the stripes went are moot. In any case....in the footage they provided only about half of the bottom red stripe is "hidden" by the small ripples on the Salton Sea's surface. Nat Geo said 1 1/2 stripes were missing when you can still see the bottom red stripe. Here's my screen shot I've posted a few times for reference.

[Linked Image]

Direct question for you guys - Do you agree the boat is nowhere near the horizon in the footage provided?

Of course this does not prove flat earth....but they did a test based on the age old "boat goes over the horizon" globe proof and failed miserably. The test should easily prove surface curvature....but it did not.....and NG lied about it. Same goes with the Stephen Hawking helicopter over the horizon test...pure deception. Why?

And Retro....why would FEer fall flat on their faces if they don't know the why? That's silly....they're not the ones lying to you so why ask them? The primary conjecture is that something important or some knowledge is being hidden from us. Lots of discussion re this on YT....suggest you go find some of these pieces and give 'em a listen.....if you're genuinely interested.

shrug

It's quite obvious the camera that has taken the photo is above the water level in front of it. Hence the horizon is above where it would be if the camera was at water level. Of course if the camera was at water level FE'rs would argue that the boat was obscured by waves...and still the lines have disappeared.

Caution: excessive Kool Aid consumption may lead to a bitter aftertaste!
Re: Distant Shores [Re: Retropete] #2974751
06/30/19 02:06 PM
06/30/19 02:06 PM
B
Bohter Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
Bohter  Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
B

Appears National Geographic took down / deleted their Flat Earth piece recently. The one where they lied about the boat going over the horizon....hmmmm. This makes two flat earth videos by leading science authorities gone missing. The other one being the Stephen Hawking Genius PBS / Discovery Channel piece where they faked a helicopter over the horizon test. Damage control?
shrug

It is back up now....did not check to see if they changed anything....paging Grapedrink....
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/06bvdFK3vVU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Is the boat beyond the horizon if you can see water above and beyond it?
shrug

Where the FE'rs fall flat on their faces is providing any realistic answer to the elephant in the room question, "What is the point of a conspiracy to have people believe the earth is a globe?"
So Bohter...where did the stripes go?
Sargent and the crew had no answer and they were standing there looking at it. They just said they don't believe it. Well they have to do something better than that to not make themselves look ignorant because thats how they looked to me.

Hey and good morning Retropete and grapedrink...

The boat was nowhere near the horizon thus your questions about where the stripes went are moot. In any case....in the footage they provided only about half of the bottom red stripe is "hidden" by the small ripples on the Salton Sea's surface. Nat Geo said 1 1/2 stripes were missing when you can still see the bottom red stripe. Here's my screen shot I've posted a few times for reference.

[Linked Image]

Direct question for you guys - Do you agree the boat is nowhere near the horizon in the footage provided?

Of course this does not prove flat earth....but they did a test based on the age old "boat goes over the horizon" globe proof and failed miserably. The test should easily prove surface curvature....but it did not.....and NG lied about it. Same goes with the Stephen Hawking helicopter over the horizon test...pure deception. Why?

And Retro....why would FEer fall flat on their faces if they don't know the why? That's silly....they're not the ones lying to you so why ask them? The primary conjecture is that something important or some knowledge is being hidden from us. Lots of discussion re this on YT....suggest you go find some of these pieces and give 'em a listen.....if you're genuinely interested.

shrug

It's quite obvious the camera that has taken the photo is above the water level in front of it. Hence the horizon is above where it would be if the camera was at water level. Of course if the camera was at water level FE'rs would argue that the boat was obscured by waves...and still the lines have disappeared.

With a camera height of like 18 inches above the water....as can be approximated by watching the video....the globe horizon (which should appear as the highest line of water in the distance from any viewing height) is 1.5 miles away. If the camera was at 12 inches it would be 1.22 miles away. In either case the viewing angle is rather flat or shallow....and any nearby wave / ripple is going to have a large effect. Also...since they did not show a close up of the striped panel when they were doing the "test" it is unknown if they were holding it a few inches below the surface....or a few above. The line of water we can all see that is above and beyond the boat when they were doing the test is the opposite side of the lake which is approximately 10 miles away. It's clear they were nowhere near the purported globe horizon.....yet you come up with some word salad suggesting, what....that it has something to do with camera height?

Of course this is not a flat earth proof....but when a major science authority fails so miserably with a simple boat over the horizon test...well...makes one wonder. When two fail (referencing the helicopter over the horizon test done on the Stephen Hawking Genius show)....well....gets rather interesting....eh?

shrug

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2976648
07/04/19 01:00 PM
07/04/19 01:00 PM
B
Bohter Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
Bohter  Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
B

I've seen lots of moon landing footage before but this one is new to me. Crew back in the LM....and the flag still waves.....which is technically impossible with a 10 to the -11 torr atmosphere (vacuum / no air).

Kinda has a 4th of July vibe to it eh?
shrug

One of the best flag waving on the moon vids shows the astronaut(s) walking past the flag maybe 2 feet away.....and after he/they pass it flutters a bit....hmmmm?

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2976717
07/04/19 03:23 PM
07/04/19 03:23 PM
B
Bohter Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
Bohter  Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
B

More observational proof of flatness / no curvature...

Kinda long winded and has some bible stuff...but the conclusions are scientifically solid. If you doubt this...do your own observational test for surface curvature....but don't get fooled by stuff getting cut off along the lower zones...due to mirroring and the like.

How can you believe you live on a globe if the surface of where you live is demonstrably flat?!
Globe is Illusion.
shrug

Same guy, James Mann on YT, has some tidal bore surfing vids on his channel...Nova Scotia muddy waters.

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2976808
07/04/19 06:24 PM
07/04/19 06:24 PM
D
Driftcoast Offline
Michael Peterson status
Driftcoast  Offline
Michael Peterson status
D

Another week another rocket launches and puts satellites in space around a spherical earth.

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Driftcoast] #2976884
07/04/19 09:58 PM
07/04/19 09:58 PM
B
Bohter Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
Bohter  Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
B

Another week another rocket launches and puts satellites in space around a spherical earth.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lS9XcEEek48" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yup....clearly launched a rocket. Can't verify myself where it went or if it actually put satellites up there.....so it's a belief that it did....based on an authority figure telling you so. No different from belief in a religion, IMO. Some call it "Scientism".

I know...I was a previous space cadet myself....would've worn a NASA t-shirt if I had one. But I've seen way too much evidence of tom-foolery to believe it anymore.

NASA....faking space since July 29, 1958.

Space may be the final frontier....but it's made in a Hollywood basement.

Hmmm...Holly wood....the wood Wizards make their wands from....
shrug

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Bohter] #2977030
07/05/19 03:08 PM
07/05/19 03:08 PM
D
Driftcoast Offline
Michael Peterson status
Driftcoast  Offline
Michael Peterson status
D

Can't verify myself where it went or if it actually put satellites up there.....so it's a belief that it did....based on an authority figure telling you so. No different from belief in a religion, IMO.

You post up lots of vids that aren't yours, so your same reasoning should apply: you've got nothing but belief based YouTube-ism and so it would also mean no one else can believe your photos because of same. "I can't verify it so it doesn't mean a thing."

Re: Distant Shores [Re: Driftcoast] #2977064
07/05/19 03:45 PM
07/05/19 03:45 PM
B
Bohter Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
Bohter  Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
B

Can't verify myself where it went or if it actually put satellites up there.....so it's a belief that it did....based on an authority figure telling you so. No different from belief in a religion, IMO.

You post up lots of vids that aren't yours, so your same reasoning should apply: you've got nothing but belief based YouTube-ism and so it would also mean no one else can believe your photos because of same. "I can't verify it so it doesn't mean a thing."

You can go to the Campus Point parking lot on any clear day and you will see the exact same long distance views that I see....where you can see stuff you should not be able to every time. So yes....you can verify my photos. And, you can do similar observations in other locations all by yourself using your very own eyes and brain. But for rocket sattellite (or other) launches....you can't....you still have to believe your authority sources. See the difference? Simple eh?
shrug

Last edited by Bohter; 07/05/19 03:47 PM.

Page 82 of 86 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 85 86

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32