REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
Page 3 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23 24 >
View All Topics Index
#2648461 - 06/07/17 10:13 PM Re: Getting off coffee [Re: frvcvs]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

Loc: Kek Point
Originally Posted By: frvcvs
I love coffee, it's been my morning ritual forever. I drink probably 30-40oz of it a day. If you don't think it's delicious and need to load it up with cream and sugar you're not making it right. I was fasting for bloodwork for a day and for some stupid reason I let one day turn into 3. I guess just to see if I could and now I'm frankly shocked with how shitty I feel with withdrawal. No energy, headaches, foggy head, feeling spacey, etc. Now I'm left wondering if I'm this dependent on a substance if I'm better off without it? Or if I should at least take a long break from it now that i got this far. How long does withdrawal typically last?

It's fcking drugs. The symptoms are withdrawl. You're seriously addicted. You've come this far, you're halfway or less to the finish line. Just fcking push through.

From a health perspective, there's nothing good about drinking 40 oz of coffee a day.

You will feel better once you've kicked the habit and withdrawl is over. It's an achievement of willpower, goal setting, and self control. These are characteristics most of the herd don't have.

Why spend your only life addicted to a drug?

From what I'm told withdrawl lasts up to a week. First two days are generally the worst.

Quote:
I drink my coffee black so calories and the waistline aren't a concern. I also make my own so I spend probably $15/wk on it. So it's not really a money thing.

$15/wk adds up to $780/yr - that's a considerable amount of cash. Think of all the fun stuff (or responsible stuff) you could do with that money.

"Lots of trigger points up the pooper.
If they are causing the problem, realeasing them will help
I tried to talk my PT into doing it." -Autoprax

#2648462 - 06/07/17 10:16 PM Re: Getting off coffee [Re: casa_mugrienta]
frvcvs Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta
I love coffee, it's been my morning ritual forever. I drink probably 30-40oz of it a day. If you don't think it's delicious and need to load it up with cream and sugar you're not making it right. I was fasting for bloodwork for a day and for some stupid reason I let one day turn into 3. I guess just to see if I could and now I'm frankly shocked with how shitty I feel with withdrawal. No energy, headaches, foggy head, feeling spacey, etc. Now I'm left wondering if I'm this dependent on a substance if I'm better off without it? Or if I should at least take a long break from it now that i got this far. How long does withdrawal typically last?

It's fcking drugs. The symptoms are withdrawl. You're seriously addicted. You've come this far, you're halfway or less to the finish line. Just fcking push through.

From a health perspective, there's nothing good about drinking 40 oz of coffee a day.

You will feel better once you've kicked the habit and withdrawl is over. It's an achievement of willpower, goal setting, and self control. This a characteristics most of the herd don't have.

Why spend your only life addicted to a drug?

From what I'm told withdrawl lasts up to a week. First two days are generally the worst.

Quote:
I drink my coffee black so calories and the waistline aren't a concern. I also make my own so I spend probably $15/wk on it. So it's not really a money thing.

$15/wk adds up to $780/yr - that's a considerable amount of cash. Think of all the fun stuff (or responsible stuff) you could do with that money.

I make way more than that on unemployment! hat Thanks Obama! cheers beer Oh and I have unlimited minutes on my free Obama phone! pokestick

"I've been against every Trump/Republican policy implemented and expressed it here." - Caca_Mugrienta

"I'm someone who has spent way more time in the black community than most white people." - Caca_Mugrienta

"Your credential as an ERbb conservative is officially blown." - Squidley

"while it has over 8,000 nerve endings, a clitoris is nowhere near as sensitive as a MAGA snowflake " - StuAzole

#2648464 - 06/07/17 10:18 PM Re: Getting off coffee [Re: frvcvs]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

Loc: Kek Point
I offer encouragement, you offer politics. OK.

"Lots of trigger points up the pooper.
If they are causing the problem, realeasing them will help
I tried to talk my PT into doing it." -Autoprax

#2648465 - 06/07/17 10:18 PM Re: Getting off coffee [Re: scotter]
obslop Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: san diego, CA
Originally Posted By: scotter
coffee
- addictive drug,

Wrong, Coffee is a bean. Ground into bean powder then steeped in hot water producing hot bean juice which a gift from the almighty God above.

when enjoyed from a Thermos it lets people know you're an outdoorsman. If you have a beard, it enhances the vibe.

that's pretty fun. carry on.
Just a man and his will to survive

#2648466 - 06/07/17 10:20 PM Re: Getting off coffee [Re: frvcvs]
beerbelly Offline
Billy Hamilton status

Originally Posted By: obslop

30-40 ounces a day? i didn't read the rest. cut back man. that's way too much!

1-2 cups a morning; and normal coffee too. not the super caffeine stuff.

Usually cold brew or pourover. If I had an espresso machine I'd be in trouble.
l

I remember my first espresso maker. Used to sweep the driveway after my 3rd double.

#2648467 - 06/07/17 10:20 PM Re: Getting off coffee [Re: frvcvs]
youcantbeserious Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Location Location
frvcvs you're in the wrong business to quit drinking coffee!

Yes, one can ask, as casa-mugrienta has, why spend the one life you have addicted to a drug? But then again, why not?

What would Hunter S. Tompson do?

#2648469 - 06/07/17 10:23 PM Re: Getting off coffee [Re: frvcvs]
scotter Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: Southern California
It's beans.

#2648470 - 06/07/17 10:26 PM Re: Getting off coffee [Re: casa_mugrienta]
frvcvs Offline
Duke status

I offer encouragement, you offer politics. OK.

It was a joke, lighten up Caca. coffee

"I've been against every Trump/Republican policy implemented and expressed it here." - Caca_Mugrienta

"I'm someone who has spent way more time in the black community than most white people." - Caca_Mugrienta

"while it has over 8,000 nerve endings, a clitoris is nowhere near as sensitive as a MAGA snowflake " - StuAzole

#2648472 - 06/07/17 10:27 PM Re: Getting off coffee [Re: youcantbeserious]
frvcvs Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: youcantbeserious
frvcvs you're in the wrong business to quit drinking coffee!

Yes, one can ask, as casa-mugrienta has, why spend the one life you have addicted to a drug? But then again, why not?

What would Hunter S. Tompson do?

You're probably right, but I'm on hiatus. Could probably do me some good to dial back, reduce the tolerance and build back up. But then again isn't that how junkies tend to die? toilet

#2648481 - 06/07/17 10:50 PM Re: Getting off coffee [Re: frvcvs]
JEwing Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: Carlsbad, California USA
I'm on day 3 and it kinda sucks. Giving it a shot. Who's done it? Any regrets?

I might have been about 3 years old when my Dad first introduced me to this sugar and caffeine bomb shell. Since then i've searched for this tasty cup of joe all my life. As it turns out it only exists at one outdoor cafe in the crescent city on the corner of Saint Ann and Decatur Street. An unfortunate after effect of the recent heavy Chemotherapy I lost my taste for coffee however I reintroduced my reborn self to the original brew and it was f...n wonderful.

#2648482 - 06/07/17 10:52 PM Re: Getting off coffee [Re: frvcvs]
afoaf Offline
Duke status

I make a little french press in the morning.

it gets me 2 small cups.

that's pretty much it.

if I miss a morning, it's no biggie.

trippin on how some of you guys are talking about it.

#2648487 - 06/07/17 11:01 PM Re: Getting off coffee [Re: JEwing]
frvcvs Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: JEwing
I'm on day 3 and it kinda sucks. Giving it a shot. Who's done it? Any regrets?

I might have been about 3 years old when my Dad first introduced me to this sugar and caffeine bomb shell. Since then i've searched for this tasty cup of joe all my life. As it turns out it only exists at one outdoor cafe in the crescent city on the corner of Saint Ann and Decatur Street. An unfortunate after effect of the recent heavy Chemotherapy I lost my taste for coffee however I reintroduced my reborn self to the original brew and it was f...n wonderful.

Enjou it cause you deserve it you old carp! trout

#2648492 - 06/07/17 11:30 PM Re: Getting off coffee [Re: frvcvs]
Mr_Stagger_Lee Offline
Phil Edwards status

Atta boi!! Order two so you don't have to wait between refills! Now we are talking! :-)

#2648495 - 06/07/17 11:47 PM Re: Getting off coffee [Re: Mr_Stagger_Lee]
HarryLopez Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Neck deep
Always been a morning person. Early dawns, surf before school, morning water polo practices for years, started work at 4-5am for more years. Had my first cup at age 38, and had years of instant Folgers. Black, love that bitter. And, that warm drink in the AM (although I will drink day old cold coffee as well). One coffee cup a day most days. Will forget to have my cup sometimes, doesn't affect me. Shet, I drink a cup and could take a nap right after.

#2648502 - 06/08/17 12:18 AM Re: Getting off coffee [Re: frvcvs]
Coat Hanger Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status

Loc: THE TERRORIST OF TERRAMAR
There is nothing wrong with coffee. Perfectly healthy. Exercising self denial just for shits sake is silly.

Page 3 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23 24 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32