REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: BuBye Aetna [Re: GromsDad] #2637375
05/11/17 08:40 PM
05/11/17 08:40 PM
Here
S
sizzld1 Offline
Phil Edwards status
sizzld1  Offline
Phil Edwards status
S

Here
Maybe that's the cost of having an obstructionist governor more interested in sticking to party lines than helping his citizens? Although to be perfectly honest, I don't know the whole story with Christie and Jersey's action in that regard. Anyway, your plan bears literally no resemblance (cost/deductible wise) to any plan I have ever heard of in California.

"I love it when people who are supposed to be surfers.....posting on a surfing forum.....don't know the difference between stoke and stock." - GromsDad
"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too." - Mitch Hedberg
Re: BuBye Aetna [Re: sizzld1] #2637379
05/11/17 08:44 PM
05/11/17 08:44 PM
West of the Atlantic. East of...
G
GromsDad Offline OP
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline OP
Duke status
G

Originally Posted By: sizzld1
Maybe that's the cost of having an obstructionist governor more interested in sticking to party lines than helping his citizens? Although to be perfectly honest, I don't know the whole story with Christie and Jersey's action in that regard. Anyway, your plan bears literally no resemblance (cost/deductible wise) to any plan I have ever heard of in California.

What is the CA Bronze HSA like in terms of deductibles and out of pocket?

This is a bad day for the news media. Lets not kid ourselves, Toobin said on CNN. The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and theyre willing to lie to do it.
Re: BuBye Aetna [Re: GromsDad] #2637384
05/11/17 08:50 PM
05/11/17 08:50 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Offline
Duke status
ifallalot  Offline
Duke status
I

HB, CA
Originally Posted By: GromsDad
Originally Posted By: ifallalot
Originally Posted By: scotter
I have Aetna through work. I pay about $1,000 a month for my family of 4. What does this mean for me? Cheaper or more expensive?

Holy shit. Its that expensive and its through your work?!?!?

Do people realize how much this insurance racket is ruining the economy? Imagine if you had that grand to actually spend on useful things

For some of us its even more. Closing in on $18,000 a year for my family of 5 when you combine what gets taken out of my paycheck and the portion that the company kicks in. If I wanted a plan like I had pre-obamacare it would have been $22,000 this past year when we re-upped.

Every state is different and that's a big reason my friends in California can't relate since the plans there are subsidized with state and federal tax dollars.

That's disingenuous to count the portion that the company kicks in as well because you don't ever see that money and its a negotiated rate combined with all of your other benefits.

What is your actual out-of-pocket? Mine is just under $200 a paycheck for a family of four for medical, dental, vision and expanded life insurance

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session
Re: BuBye Aetna [Re: GromsDad] #2637387
05/11/17 08:52 PM
05/11/17 08:52 PM
Here
S
sizzld1 Offline
Phil Edwards status
sizzld1  Offline
Phil Edwards status
S

Here

Not sure...I will try to check it, but it's likely more of a pain in the ass to find out than it's worth.

But that is revealing as to why your deductibles are so high. HSAs always have vastly increased out-of-pocket costs compared to traditional insurance plans.

My plan, through my employer, costs me about $110 per month (out of pocket/paycheck) with a $2500 deductible. It's not combined with an HSA though.

"I love it when people who are supposed to be surfers.....posting on a surfing forum.....don't know the difference between stoke and stock." - GromsDad
Re: BuBye Aetna [Re: GromsDad] #2637390
05/11/17 08:56 PM
05/11/17 08:56 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Offline
Duke status
ifallalot  Offline
Duke status
I

HB, CA

I think mine's like $5k out of pocket but even then we don't have to pay $5k to get coverage. Every single bill we have is covered for the vast majority of the costs and we just have to pay a percentage on top of it. We never ever get close to spending $5k

And sizzld, I don't think GromsDad plan is as much Jersey as whomever is negotiating the costs with the providers is not doing a good job* and/or is too cheap to pay more for their employees' benefits. One third of my company is in Jersey and they have the same benefits as we do here in LA.

*My best friend is a middle man between benefit providers and businesses so I've learned more about this than I care to.

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session
Re: BuBye Aetna [Re: ifallalot] #2637393
05/11/17 08:58 PM
05/11/17 08:58 PM
CA
S
stu dog Online content
Duke status
stu dog  Online Content
Duke status
S

CA

What is your actual out-of-pocket? Mine is just under $200 a paycheck for a family of four for medical, dental, vision and expanded life insurance

and that's tax deductible. As I recall with RyanCare 1.0 that was going to be discontinued

Re: BuBye Aetna [Re: GromsDad] #2637395
05/11/17 08:59 PM
05/11/17 08:59 PM
F
frvcvs Offline
Duke status
frvcvs  Offline
Duke status
F

Aetna over 10yrs on Nasdaq...

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/aet/stock-c...=&drilldown=off

The struggle is real, or is it?

"Milk tits rule!" - Bonzer5Fin

"I've been against every Trump/Republican policy implemented and expressed it here." - Caca_Mugrienta

"I'm someone who has spent way more time in the black community than most white people." - Caca_Mugrienta

"Your credential as an ERbb conservative is officially blown." - Squidley

"while it has over 8,000 nerve endings, a clitoris is nowhere near as sensitive as a MAGA snowflake " - StuAzole
Re: BuBye Aetna [Re: GromsDad] #2637401
05/11/17 09:09 PM
05/11/17 09:09 PM
Here
S
sizzld1 Offline
Phil Edwards status
sizzld1  Offline
Phil Edwards status
S

Here
Another point on this issue; Why on earth would you celebrate insurers pulling out of the marketplace when there are no viable alternative healthcare solutions being proposed? The tripe that made it through the House is hopeless and the Senate doesn't seem to have a plan or be in a hurry to develop one. As many people on both sides of the aisle tend to do, you are rooting against your own self-interest for the sake of political gain. Not a great plan.

Re: BuBye Aetna [Re: GromsDad] #2637457
05/11/17 10:51 PM
05/11/17 10:51 PM
Here
S
sizzld1 Offline
Phil Edwards status
sizzld1  Offline
Phil Edwards status
S

Here
Let's all take a second to appreciate how stupid and out of touch the current President is on this issue.... A direct quote from his interview with The Economist:

"The state governments are in much better position to, you know, help people. In terms of, you know, just the size, the mere size of it. But were putting in $8bn and youre going to have absolute coverage. Youre going to have absolute guaranteed coverage. Youre going to have it if youre a person going indont forget, this was not supposed to be the way insurance works.

Insurance is, youre 20 years old, you just graduated from college, and you start paying $15 a month for the rest of your life and by the time youre 70, and you really need it, youre still paying the same amount and thats really insurance."

W. T. F. foreheadslap

Re: BuBye Aetna [Re: sizzld1] #2637464
05/11/17 11:00 PM
05/11/17 11:00 PM
CA
S
stu dog Online content
Duke status
stu dog  Online Content
Duke status
S

CA

"The state governments are in much better position to, you know, help people. In terms of, you know, just the size, the mere size of it. But were putting in $8bn and youre going to have absolute coverage. Youre going to have absolute guaranteed coverage. Youre going to have it if youre a person going indont forget, this was not supposed to be the way insurance works.

first of the guy speaks like a buffoon. when you see it in text absolutely unbelievable how bad his speech is.
2nd that $8 billion is their answer to plug an estimated $100 billion cost of pre-existing condition people.

Last edited by stu dog; 05/11/17 11:01 PM.
Re: BuBye Aetna [Re: stu dog] #2637466
05/11/17 11:17 PM
05/11/17 11:17 PM
The Bar
K
Kento Online content
Duke status
Kento  Online Content
Duke status
K

The Bar
Originally Posted By: stu dog

first of the guy speaks like a buffoon. when you see it in text absolutely unbelievable how bad his speech is.
2nd that $8 billion is their answer to plug an estimated $100 billion cost of pre-existing condition people.

Luckily for Trump, most of his supporters don't read very well. roflmao

Nothing is obscene provided it is done in bad taste.

Russ Meyer
Re: BuBye Aetna [Re: ifallalot] #2637471
05/11/17 11:25 PM
05/11/17 11:25 PM
G
GromsDad Offline OP
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline OP
Duke status
G

I think mine's like $5k out of pocket but even then we don't have to pay $5k to get coverage. Every single bill we have is covered for the vast majority of the costs and we just have to pay a percentage on top of it. We never ever get close to spending $5k

And sizzld, I don't think GromsDad plan is as much Jersey as whomever is negotiating the costs with the providers is not doing a good job* and/or is too cheap to pay more for their employees' benefits. One third of my company is in Jersey and they have the same benefits as we do here in LA.

*My best friend is a middle man between benefit providers and businesses so I've learned more about this than I care to.

Size of the employer / group also plays into things.

This is a bad day for the news media. Lets not kid ourselves, Toobin said on CNN. The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and theyre willing to lie to do it.
Re: BuBye Aetna [Re: sizzld1] #2637567
05/12/17 02:50 AM
05/12/17 02:50 AM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
F

your mom
Let's all take a second to appreciate how stupid and out of touch the current President is on this issue.... A direct quote from his interview with The Economist:

Insurance is, youre 20 years old, you just graduated from college, and you start paying $15 a month for the rest of your life and by the time youre 70, and you really need it, youre still paying the same amount and thats really insurance."

W. T. F. foreheadslap

What he is clumsily trying to explain is a single-payer system.

Somebody will eventually tell him that that's soushulism and he'll change his tune.

"The real enemy are the (gun) manufactures of your toys and the NRA. They play on your fear to steal your money." - ifallalot / 2014
Re: BuBye Aetna [Re: FecalFace] #2637581
05/12/17 03:41 AM
05/12/17 03:41 AM
S
Saucy Offline
Grom
Saucy  Offline
Grom
S

If you make less than $45960 you should have absolutely no complaints about obamacare, plain and simple. If you make more then I think you have got understandable frustrations if not covered by a decent employer plan. Why the hell profit is involved in the medical game is beyond me, completely immoral. there's really no way around it but to raise taxes (or cut bs military spending...) and cover all citizens. this chimp trump is wanting our healthcare system to be like a teenager taking accutane for acne- go from bad to omfg terrible then hopefully something works...

Re: BuBye Aetna [Re: sizzld1] #2637593
05/12/17 04:40 AM
05/12/17 04:40 AM
Oceanside,CA
S
Surfdog Offline
Tom Curren status
Surfdog  Offline
Tom Curren status
S

Oceanside,CA
Doesn't take much effort to compare prices for the assorted gold, silver, bronze plans on CoveredCal. You can also change your salary and age to see how much more it costs each year you get older once you reach your early 50's. I would advise all who want to see reality of those that have to pay their own coverage, do so.

All I know is, we had my wife's Platinum style coverage thru a government/military contractor type company back in 2013 (same as well paid Cal guv employs). We were paying about $300 a month that included dental, vision for 2 older adults (mid-50's)

Wife was laid off in early 2014 (drastic company downsize), so we opt for the WAY expensive (we thought at the time) COBRA plan, same identical Platinum coverage (couldn't even find a comparable on the new CoveredCal site, it was that above and beyond awesome). Costs more than double to $700 a month.

Looked at other options, but Gold plans were more than that, and maybe could get a Silver plan for that same $700 a month. My boss opts to pay it for us, since he knows he skated many years not covering us (wifes plans were always better than super-small biz plans). He was paying me a check quarterly to cover the previous $300 a month my wife was having deducted, so that was cool.

We ride out COBRA the full 18 months, as my wife was having a hard time finding full time, permanent decent paying jobs. She got hired as temps, as they don't have to pay bennies. Some lasted longer than others. Many companies play the "temp" game to avoid paying insurance and bennies now, unless you're a valuable niche player.

COBRA expires in mid-2015. We have to get it on our own now. We settle on a Silver Plan thru Blue Cross for about $1000 a month. The following year (2016) SAME plan rate jumps to $1500 a month. For 2017, SAME plan jumps to almost $2000 a month for 2 older adults only. That's almost $24,000 a year for something we rarely use. Shine that BS all to hell.

I shop around, using CoveredCal for price reference (not worth actually using, since I'm not subsidy eligible). I decide on a Bronze plan from Sharp Health for a bit over $1000. So far it's working pretty good for basics, but I know we will take a hit if something big goes down (knock on wood). Still, the out-of-pocket maximum would be less than paying for a BC Silver Plan for a year, and still needing to meet some deductibles. Do the math.

So, as far as I'm concerned, we're paying WAY more, for WAY less than prior to Obamacare enactment. Sure, med insurance was going up, but not 300% in just 3-4 years. It's was comparable (exaggerating here) to inflation seen in post WWI Germany, where the 1923 Mark basically became worthless as money in less than a year.

Obamacare was basically a way to expedite and blow up the chaotic mess that is Health Insurance today. Single payer is coming, and will be doled out to those deemed "worthy". Great, premium care will cost more to get (and the rich will pay), but OK care will be cheaper and major medical condition treatments will need "approval". If you're old, good luck.

Surf 'em if you got 'em
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32