REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Kai Lenny's SUP-foil [Re: mahoa] #2497797
05/13/16 05:29 PM
05/13/16 05:29 PM
lava tube, Hawaii
K
Kincaid Offline
Billy Hamilton status
Kincaid  Offline
Billy Hamilton status
K

lava tube, Hawaii
Hard to believe that's possible, amazing... I'd try that

Re: Kai Lenny's SUP-foil [Re: mahoa] #2497862
05/13/16 08:27 PM
05/13/16 08:27 PM
000 Offline
Duke status
000  Offline
Duke status

long ago:

and this last 1 aint a joke

Re: Kai Lenny's SUP-foil [Re: PPK96754] #2497878
05/13/16 08:47 PM
05/13/16 08:47 PM
M
mahoa Offline OP
Legend (inyourownmind)
mahoa  Offline OP
Legend (inyourownmind)
M

Originally Posted By: PPK96754
The light weight fiberglass or the more expensive carbon fiber Single person outrigger canoe's have a SMALL 6 -10 inch rudder under the hull at the rear and actuated by foot peddles within the upper area where you sit. By pushing on either foot peddle the canoe turns left or right.

The older type Polynesian outrigger canoes are generally turned left or right by placing the blade of the paddle onto either side of the canoe to turn just aft, of your hip. The Steersman's Paddle blade is bigger and wider than the canoe paddler's blades.

I've paddled the Pailolo a couple times, and the open water canoe surfing can be impressive when the trades blow---- but nothing like this.

I reckon Kai could do Maui to Molokai under 2 hours on this thing-- hell probably could keep going and be to Diamond Head by happy hour...

Re: Kai Lenny's SUP-foil [Re: mahoa] #2497915
05/13/16 09:37 PM
05/13/16 09:37 PM
P
PPK96754 Offline
Michael Peterson status
PPK96754  Offline
Michael Peterson status
P

Originally Posted By: mahoa
Originally Posted By: PPK96754
The light weight fiberglass or the more expensive carbon fiber Single person outrigger canoe's have a SMALL 6 -10 inch rudder under the hull at the rear and actuated by foot peddles within the upper area where you sit. By pushing on either foot peddle the canoe turns left or right.

The older type Polynesian outrigger canoes are generally turned left or right by placing the blade of the paddle onto either side of the canoe to turn just aft, of your hip. The Steersman's Paddle blade is bigger and wider than the canoe paddler's blades.

I've paddled the Pailolo a couple times, and the open water canoe surfing can be impressive when the trades blow---- but nothing like this.

I reckon Kai could do Maui to Molokai under 2 hours on this thing-- hell probably could keep going and be to Diamond Head by happy hour...

roflmao

applause2

beer

wave2

It's just you, and your ability to paddle and surf - catching & riding waves is all on you, period ~ ~ ~ MitchellC
Page 2 of 2 1 2