REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
Page 3 of 48 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 47 48 >
View All Topics Index
#2428649 - 12/03/15 12:56 PM Re: Guess who got an Invite to "The Surfer Poll" ? [Re: surf cat]
the janitor Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status

Loc: north of the bridge
Originally Posted By: surf cat
I guess I should try and spell out the whole day dream
SURFER calls this years 'poll' the "45th" annual (wrong) I wrote that I have been 'surfer of a year' 40 years in a row. I did not expect to hear back. They emailed me yesterday and said I was invited. I have been getting 'migraine headaches' , yesterday was bad. I got meds for them but threw them up ,twice so I had a terrible day yesterday , didn't surf or go to work. No way on earth I could be on a plane if I where to have another.
Last minute tickets are not cheap. The poll is on friday the 6th I'd have to bail work and get to the airport for a 7:00am flight It all seems 'insane' but I'm still thinking about it.
Shortly I'm going to call them to LOL see if I can bring my photographer Neal Sponge
(or if I can transfer my invite to 'sponge')
I got carried away and ordered way to many t shirts for my party If I could sell them , It might be do able LOL
donate xyz dollars get a t shirt?

Sounds to me like you are choosing to fly as baggage, make sure your ID is somewhere easy for me to find cause I don't want to waste time going through your place roflmao

#2428650 - 12/03/15 12:56 PM Re: Guess who got an Invite to "The Surfer Poll" ? [Re: surf cat]
subway Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: LBNY
The 6th is this Sunday. I'll get you there Saturday. Home on Monday (if you really want to rush home to work)

The migraines I cannot do anything about. But cost of flight is not an obstacle. Seriously.

I was only going to use these miles to bump Mrs Subway and myself to 1st class for our flight to Kauai in February. But we can suffer the horrors of economy in order to get you to Hawaii. it would be an honor.

#2428652 - 12/03/15 01:01 PM Re: Guess who got an Invite to "The Surfer Poll" ? [Re: subway]
Boneroni Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: Goleta
The erBB is awesome. Good on ya guys! applause2

Originally Posted By: HarryLopez
I guess the ocean is always ready to kill someone for free. laugh

#2428656 - 12/03/15 01:04 PM Re: Guess who got an Invite to "The Surfer Poll" ? [Re: subway]
PPK96754 Offline
Michael Peterson status

Geezz-sus! foreheadslap
Way to go subway!!
No worry, beef curry on the $$$.
Youcantbeserious will pick you up, drop you off for the evenings festivities and put you on a plane the next morning. You won't need any $$$.

It'z an early Christmas present for you. YOU, deserve this!!

Go now! GO HAWAII!

#2428663 - 12/03/15 01:08 PM Re: Guess who got an Invite to "The Surfer Poll" ? [Re: PPK96754]
subway Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: LBNY
Listen to Uncle PPK!

This would be a joy for all of us, not just you. So stop being so selfish and give me the green light! But seriously, the migraines sound terrible, and I would hate to condemn you to 6 hours of aluminum enclosed agony at 36,000 feet.

Oh and you woudl probably have to share some personal info so i can book the flight in your name smile

#2428664 - 12/03/15 01:12 PM Re: Guess who got an Invite to "The Surfer Poll" ? [Re: surf cat]
Truth Offline
Miki Dora status

#2428668 - 12/03/15 01:16 PM Re: Guess who got an Invite to "The Surfer Poll" ? [Re: subway]
PPK96754 Offline
Michael Peterson status

"Oh and you woudl probably have to share some personal info so i can book the flight in your name"

roflmao applause2

#2428673 - 12/03/15 01:20 PM Re: Guess who got an Invite to "The Surfer Poll" ? [Re: Boneroni]
Mr_Stagger_Lee Offline
Phil Edwards status

Originally Posted By: Boneroni

Whoa! Am I missing something here or can this trip could be gotten for only 35,000 miles!?!?!?!

It used to be that if you fly 5 times to hawaii the 6th was free on Hawaiian. I think they bumped it up a few years ago. It makes sense to participate in a miles program!

#2428686 - 12/03/15 01:38 PM Re: Guess who got an Invite to "The Surfer Poll" ? [Re: surf cat]
surf cat Online   content
Kelly Slater status

The Poll is on Friday 6:00 pm , today is thursday I need to be back for work monday

I guess I don't know how tricky it is to transfer miles on short notice

wave2

#2428689 - 12/03/15 01:41 PM Re: Guess who got an Invite to "The Surfer Poll" ? [Re: surf cat]
stu dog Offline
Duke status

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: surf cat
The Poll is on Friday 6:00 pm , today is thursday I need to be back for work monday

I guess I don't know how tricky it is to transfer miles on short notice

wave2

Red eye flights get in around 6am. fly out sunday night and be back at work Monday. probably get to work late, but I'm sure you've dealt with that. i can't sleep on planes so I'm wasted the next day at work. But a trip to Hawaii is so worth it.

#2428692 - 12/03/15 01:49 PM Re: Guess who got an Invite to "The Surfer Poll" ? [Re: stu dog]
keenfish Offline
Duke status

Loc: Trona
I thought the Poll was on Sunday 12/6?

http://www.surfermag.com/surfer-poll/#6fOLJM5lgmVyikXr.97

Kids! Throw them to the gorillas! ~Autoprax

#2428694 - 12/03/15 01:56 PM Re: Guess who got an Invite to "The Surfer Poll" ? [Re: keenfish]
stu dog Offline
Duke status

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: keenfish
I thought the Poll was on Sunday 12/6?

http://www.surfermag.com/surfer-poll/#6fOLJM5lgmVyikXr.97

should have a least one day of vacation Dale to take on Monday? Or call in sick?

#2428698 - 12/03/15 02:02 PM Re: Guess who got an Invite to "The Surfer Poll" ? [Re: keenfish]
PPK96754 Offline
Michael Peterson status

Explain to your Employer on what's happening. Once in a life time thingy to Hawaii for Free. All expenses paid, car and accommodations for this weekend and MAYBE a chance on the Podium.

Show him, her, THEM, this thread!!

Exchange phone #'s with subway NOW, and let him make the arrangements for the flight. It needs to be taken care of before the flight seats are taken up.

PM him subway, for his phone # so you guys can talk on this.

Whatever decision you make Dale, the erBB Ohana is behind you with Love and Aloha. ( but WE ALL, hope you can go!)

wave2

#2428701 - 12/03/15 02:05 PM Re: Guess who got an Invite to "The Surfer Poll" ? [Re: PPK96754]
Boneroni Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: Goleta
Dale, just in case there is not communications happening via PM, you should know that Subway booking you a ticket with miles is easy as pie.

No transfer or waiting. Just a few clicks.

Originally Posted By: HarryLopez
I guess the ocean is always ready to kill someone for free. laugh

#2428704 - 12/03/15 02:07 PM Re: Guess who got an Invite to "The Surfer Poll" ? [Re: surf cat]
ElOgro Offline
Duke status

JUST GO.

"That's all it takes--one moment." Sponge

Page 3 of 48 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 47 48 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32