REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
Page 59 of 69 < 1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 68 69 >
View All Topics Index
#2894339 - 01/05/19 02:52 PM Re: Political Meme Thread [Re: manbearpig]
Surfdog Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: Oceanside,CA
Originally Posted By: manbearpig
We’ll start by sending you down there dog!

I'd be more than happy to play Santa Claus to Centro AM.

#2894340 - 01/05/19 02:57 PM Re: Political Meme Thread [Re: Surfdog]
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: in the bathroom
We'll set up a gofundme page to send you down. Hows Tegucigalpa sound?

#2894343 - 01/05/19 03:06 PM Re: Political Meme Thread [Re: manbearpig]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA
Originally Posted By: ifallalot
Blanket statement that all foreign aid is immoral and stupid= Uber stupid

Thinking foreign aid is stupider than the wall= master stupidity and straight up false

Addition of lack of the nuance you always harp about. Get real here, your not this thick headed.

roflmao

You're high. Foreign aid is actual theft. If you want to give money to rich people in other countries you're welcome to start donating your own.

We have countless domestic problems yet our politicians deem it necessary to take our money to give to people in foreign countries? roflmao

Giving money doesn't create stability, it doesn't create a better life for people in those countries, and if anything only solidifies the power and riches of the multinational corporations that nearly everyone agrees with has to much power.

This is so misinformed I don’t know where to start.

I don’t even fully disagree in regards to foreign aid and a need to focus more domestically. I just don’t see how anyone can see things so black and white that it clouds the facts. But that’s libertarianism for ya.

That you think your tweet and your team have a grasp on what the country needs domestically in terms of border security and beyond is laughable.

So you are fine with sending your tax money for foreign abolition funding? Over ANYTHING that should be funded here?

Where do you think this money comes from?

Issues like foreign aid need to be looked at in a black and white way. Or maybe a near-black and white way. Taking money from US citizens to give to foreign people should be reserved for the direst of emergencies in special countries. It needs to be so rare that the common view of it is black and white, right and wrong. Otherwise we end up in a situation where we are giving away over $40 billion a year to countries.

#2894344 - 01/05/19 03:07 PM Re: Political Meme Thread [Re: manbearpig]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

You are mocking Surfdog but this is exactly what you're arguing for here

#2894346 - 01/05/19 03:11 PM Re: Political Meme Thread [Re: ifallalot]
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status

I don't know the full details in regards to abortions abroad and if that meme is even accurate (seriously this country needs to stop talking to each other about political issues through memes); but my uninformed opinion is no I don't want my money sent for that purpose. I do however would much rather see my money get sent for certain foreign aid than see it wasted in a lot of programs here domestically, particularly a wall at the southern border which is by and far a bigger waste than anything we are discussing here.

It's foolish to look at it, or any matter really, in a black and white manner. Like I said before, it clouds your judgment and the facts; and blocks judgement of the bigger picture and long term.

#2894348 - 01/05/19 03:12 PM Re: Political Meme Thread [Re: ifallalot]
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status

You are mocking Surfdog but this is exactly what you're arguing for here

LMAO where did I argue for anything like what surfdog posted?

Don't bother answering, that's rhetorical as I didn't. You don't like other's putting words in your mouth, so maybe you should do the same pokestick

#2894354 - 01/05/19 03:37 PM Re: Political Meme Thread [Re: manbearpig]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

I don't know the full details in regards to abortions abroad and if that meme is even accurate (seriously this country needs to stop talking to each other about political issues through memes); but my uninformed opinion is no I don't want my money sent for that purpose. I do however would much rather see my money get sent for certain foreign aid than see it wasted in a lot of programs here domestically, particularly a wall at the southern border which is by and far a bigger waste than anything we are discussing here.

It's foolish to look at it, or any matter really, in a black and white manner. Like I said before, it clouds your judgment and the facts; and blocks judgement of the bigger picture and long term.

Why have your money get spent on either? Wouldn't you rather just keep it for yourself to spend it on things you want to spend it on?

Do you see where this is going?

#2894356 - 01/05/19 03:40 PM Re: Political Meme Thread [Re: ifallalot]
frvcvs Offline
Duke status

Libertardianism?

"I've been against every Trump/Republican policy implemented and expressed it here." - Caca_Mugrienta

"I'm someone who has spent way more time in the black community than most white people." - Caca_Mugrienta

"Your credential as an ERbb conservative is officially blown." - Squidley

"while it has over 8,000 nerve endings, a clitoris is nowhere near as sensitive as a MAGA snowflake " - StuAzole

#2894358 - 01/05/19 03:43 PM Re: Political Meme Thread [Re: ifallalot]
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status

Why have your money get spent on either? Wouldn't you rather just keep it for yourself to spend it on things you want to spend it on?

Sounds like libertarian pipe dreams to me.

Good luck with that.

Funny I don't see you outraged over the IRS keeping millions, probably more, of taxpayer money which will not be returned thanks to your dear leaders shutdown.

Edited by manbearpig (01/05/19 03:45 PM)

#2894363 - 01/05/19 03:53 PM Re: Political Meme Thread [Re: manbearpig]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

This is why there needs to be a philosophical change. People need to realize that the money that is being spent by the government is their money and they have the power to decide where it goes. There's no reason for US tax money to be spent on things like researching Japanese quail on cocaine

It will be refunded as intended when the shutdown is over. That's nothing more than scare tactics among the statists.

Besides, if you're getting a refund, you're doing it wrong by giving the government an interest free loan.

#2894365 - 01/05/19 03:55 PM Re: Political Meme Thread [Re: ifallalot]
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status

You don't get a refund?

If it was a meme or a tweet would you be more inclined to believe it? Jeez I figured you'd be with me on the BS of that one.

#2894369 - 01/05/19 04:03 PM Re: Political Meme Thread [Re: manbearpig]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

If I get a refund of more than $1000 I add another point of withholding so I keep more money through the year

The fact that the IRS keeps operating while not giving out refunds is absolute BS and an illustration of how the "shutdown" is just a game by the government to make us think we need them while they have a tantrum. This same thing was floated during all of the previous shutdowns as well

#2894374 - 01/05/19 04:08 PM Re: Political Meme Thread [Re: ifallalot]
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status

So suddenly you trust the IRS to not screw up the refunds due to the inevitabilities of the shutdown, that at the very least will likely be delayed? This seems to go against your libertarian ideals.

#2894375 - 01/05/19 04:10 PM Re: Political Meme Thread [Re: manbearpig]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

So suddenly you trust the IRS to not screw up the refunds due to the inevitabilities of the shutdown, that at the very least will likely be delayed? This seems to go against your libertarian ideals.

Weak gotcha attempt.

The IRS is still fully staffed and is processing their pound of flesh. The refund withholding is a show.

I guess you didn't hear this same exact scare tactic used during one of the other shutdowns?

#2894376 - 01/05/19 04:12 PM Re: Political Meme Thread [Re: ifallalot]
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status

Wrong about the IRS being fully staffed at the moment. Multiple sources have them at 12.5% of their staff.

I thought it was a pretty good gotcha considering your constant skepticism about government, but I guess even a libertarian bends with the wind.

Edited by manbearpig (01/05/19 04:14 PM)

Page 59 of 69 < 1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 68 69 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32