REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2125444 - 11/16/13 08:25 PM Steve Forstall's first surfboard shaped under his own label
revolutionsurfer Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: Occupied Dixie

Steve had been shaping awhile in the Islander factory under Brian Waters. Rick Bullock, Steve Bredesen, Ron Roush and others also got their start there. This was Steve's very first brand Rock Lobster.

I think it was also the only one before he went on to shape at Tabling and Spectrum in central Florida. This would be around 1978. Double flyer twin fin.

Many of us Florida Surfer rode double flyer twin pins with six channels while most everyone else were riding M.R. style swallows. A bit of history. I think the little shape still holds up for the retro crew. This board would have been around 6'
It is murder

#2125445 - 11/16/13 08:41 PM Re: Steve Forstall's first surfboard shaped under his own label [Re: revolutionsurfer]
GDaddy Online   sleepy
Duke status

Loc: Carlsbad
Pretty cool. A performance twin in 1978 would have been right up there in terms of progressive design.

#2125446 - 11/16/13 08:54 PM Re: Steve Forstall's first surfboard shaped under his own label [Re: revolutionsurfer]
retodd Offline
Duke status

i would ride that today

if you ever happen to find a pic of a six channel twin fin i would LOVE to see it

#2125447 - 11/17/13 08:47 AM Re: Steve Forstall's first surfboard shaped under his own label [Re: revolutionsurfer]
gr8day Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: Flow Da
Revo is Rick shaping @ Waterboyz now?

#2125448 - 11/17/13 07:47 PM Re: Steve Forstall's first surfboard shaped under his own label [Re: gr8day]
revolutionsurfer Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Quote:

Revo is Rick shaping @ Waterboyz now?

Yes...Rick has been shaping there for awhile. He actually did a nugget for us we sent to El Salvador. It was a bonzer nugget of all things. One thing I like about Steve is he has been making a living on surfboards for 41 years including his training and other things he did in factories. To this day he still does all of his own work and he is a master at every aspect of building a surfboard. His epoxy is second to none. One of the last of a dying breed.

Edited by revolutionsurfer (11/17/13 08:47 PM)
It is murder

#2125449 - 11/17/13 07:48 PM Re: Steve Forstall's first surfboard shaped under his own label [Re: retodd]
revolutionsurfer Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Quote:

i would ride that today

if you ever happen to find a pic of a six channel twin fin i would LOVE to see it

I'll see if I can find a couple. Yes that outline still holds up.
It is murder