REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
Re: Obama Care helping you or hurting you $? [Re: stptchnstf] #2119569
11/02/13 09:14 PM
11/02/13 09:14 PM
In Gods Country
C
CharmingSophisticate Offline
Duke status
CharmingSophisticate  Offline
Duke status
C

In Gods Country
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Guess who is going to foot the bill for all of this in the long run?

You keep forgetting that the leader of the Libtardian Church Cult aka President 'most totally coolest president ever' has exclusive access to the Money Tree.

It's free and that includes all the Unicorns and chocolate bunnyrabbits you want!

i know it's your style, but are you working on turning sarcasm into an actual language? i can never get around to considering your actual point because it's so clear from your wording that you don't care to engage in a discussion. too much reddit for you lately?

Look up the word 'mockery' knucklehead.

"...now tell me that wasn't fun!" Capt. Jack Aubrey
Re: Obama Care helping you or hurting you $? [Re: CharmingSophisticate] #2119570
11/02/13 09:20 PM
11/02/13 09:20 PM
S
stptchnstf Offline
Michael Peterson status
stptchnstf  Offline
Michael Peterson status
S

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You keep forgetting that the leader of the Libtardian Church Cult aka President 'most totally coolest president ever' has exclusive access to the Money Tree.

It's free and that includes all the Unicorns and chocolate bunnyrabbits you want!

i know it's your style, but are you working on turning sarcasm into an actual language? i can never get around to considering your actual point because it's so clear from your wording that you don't care to engage in a discussion. too much reddit for you lately?

oh, i see. you're just not thoughtful, funny, or creative.

...what?
Re: Obama Care helping you or hurting you $? [Re: stptchnstf] #2119571
11/02/13 09:26 PM
11/02/13 09:26 PM
SUP Nation
_
_Pico Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status
_Pico  Offline
_

SUP Nation
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He is funny when he drinks a lot. Its too early

"Are my guiding principles healthy and robust? On this hangs everything"- Marcus Aurelius
Re: Obama Care helping you or hurting you $? [Re: _Pico] #2119572
11/02/13 09:28 PM
11/02/13 09:28 PM
NorCenCal
S
Steak Offline
Duke status
Steak  Offline
Duke status
S

NorCenCal
You were more funny when you drank a lot.

Re: Obama Care helping you or hurting you $? [Re: _Pico] #2119573
11/02/13 09:29 PM
11/02/13 09:29 PM
sur
O
O.T. Offline
Duke status
O.T.  Offline
Duke status
O

sur
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

True dat. But it's Saturday night and CS will be riffing like Miles in a few hours.

Yo Soy El Nino!
Re: Obama Care helping you or hurting you $? [Re: Steak] #2119574
11/02/13 09:35 PM
11/02/13 09:35 PM
L
LogHauler Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
LogHauler  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
L

I am on an employee program but, effective 1-1-14 my wife was tossed off of the high risk pool for Oregon and must reapply elsewhere. She is high risk because she admitted to using an asthma inhaler a couple of times several years ago.

The kids, (all in good health) are affected as follows:

15yr daughter: $106 to $143 per month

21yr old son: $73 to $189 per month

23 yr old daughter: $144 to $225 per month

Last edited by LogHauler; 11/02/13 09:36 PM.
Re: Obama Care helping you or hurting you $? [Re: LogHauler] #2119575
11/02/13 09:39 PM
11/02/13 09:39 PM
Carpinteria
00H8R Offline
Nep status
00H8R  Offline
Nep status

Carpinteria
My rates when down almost $400 per month for my family, and my coverage went up. Lower deductible, lower co-pay...Obamacare rocks.

Re: Obama Care helping you or hurting you $? [Re: 00H8R] #2119576
11/02/13 09:56 PM
11/02/13 09:56 PM
NorCenCal
S
Steak Offline
Duke status
Steak  Offline
Duke status
S

NorCenCal
We just had an open enrollment at my work. I dropped
down from a high coverage PPO that was costing me
$200+ out of pocket/month to a mid level PPO with a
higher annual deductible and an out of pocket expense of
$115/month.

According to Obamacare legislation though, this is still
a "Cadillac Plan".

Re: Obama Care helping you or hurting you $? [Re: 00H8R] #2119577
11/02/13 10:11 PM
11/02/13 10:11 PM
In Gods Country
C
Duke status
Duke status
C

In Gods Country
Quote:

My rates when down almost $400 per month for my family, and my coverage went up. Lower deductible, lower co-pay...Obamacare rocks.

Well, there you have it, it's a success!

You probably didn't even have more than a 6 hour wait to enroll either.

Re: Obama Care helping you or hurting you $? [Re: O.T.] #2119578
11/02/13 10:32 PM
11/02/13 10:32 PM
Frisco
R
R3W Offline
Phil Edwards status
R3W  Offline
Phil Edwards status
R

Frisco
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

True dat. But it's Saturday night and CS will be riffing like Miles in a few hours.

He's more like Miles on a banjo.

Re: Obama Care helping you or hurting you $? [Re: CharmingSophisticate] #2119579
11/02/13 10:59 PM
11/02/13 10:59 PM
SUP Nation
_
_Pico Offline
_Pico  Offline
_

SUP Nation
Quote:

Quote:

Well, there you have it, it's a success!

You probably didn't even have more than a 6 hour wait to enroll either.

Thats still like $70 an hour per month!

"Are my guiding principles healthy and robust? On this hangs everything"- Marcus Aurelius
Re: Obama Care helping you or hurting you $? [Re: R3W] #2119580
11/02/13 11:16 PM
11/02/13 11:16 PM
In Gods Country
C
Duke status
Duke status
C

In Gods Country
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He's more like Miles on a banjo.

Lucky for you my Grief, Diversity and Inclusion Counseling is covered under Obamacare. I'll deal with you cyber bullies once I get through to one of the counselors....should be within the next week or so.

This actually saves money because I will now cut myself less and spend less time at urgent care for wound treatment.

Yay!

Re: Obama Care helping you or hurting you $? [Re: CharmingSophisticate] #2119581
11/03/13 12:03 AM
11/03/13 12:03 AM
H
HatterasGlass Offline
Gerry Lopez status
HatterasGlass  Offline
Gerry Lopez status
H

I found out Thursday I will be hit for another $480 over the course of the next year for a family of 5. Awesome.

Re: Obama Care helping you or hurting you $? [Re: HatterasGlass] #2119582
11/03/13 12:23 AM
11/03/13 12:23 AM
Lovetron
N
Norm' Offline
Duke status
Norm'  Offline
Duke status
N

Lovetron
I employ a few people, and we pay for top of the line issuance for them and their families. BUT, if we pay too much for their insurance, we face a HUGE tax penalty. WTF?

I thought that the point of this was to have everyone insured, just not too insured?

Someone please explain this to me.

"The Wright brothers decide to make themselves a flying machine. You fools! You idiots! Whats your problem? everyone shouted, That will never work because plywood weighs more than air! To which the Wright brothers responded, No, it doesnt. The Wright brothers were dreamers."
Re: Obama Care helping you or hurting you $? [Re: R3W] #2119583
11/03/13 12:30 AM
11/03/13 12:30 AM
S
sussle Offline
Michael Peterson status
sussle  Offline
Michael Peterson status
S

Quote:

My company switched everyone to HSAs this year, including my Kaiser coverage. The company puts in $1250 and my premiums go down $50 / month. I'll put that into the HSA too (along with another $2k). Preventative care is free but pretty much everything else comes out of the HSA (or pocket) up to the $2500 annual deductible. Maximum out of pocket / year is $5800ish. I'm glad to have the HSA because I'm getting old.

Of course this is not directly related to ACA but it's how the company responded to rising health costs and the unknowns of ACA in general.

no, i'm looking at my choices right now and the Bronze plan with HSA looks better and better, the more i look into it. Bronze would cut my premium in half, the savings from which i throw directly in an HSA, interest-bearing tax-free from start to finish, so it's there as needed but available for retirement if not used. no problem.

ideologically vacant
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32