REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16 >
View All Topics Index
#2079684 - 07/08/13 06:17 PM Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: Random Guy]
dkennedys11 Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: beneath the blue suburban sky
Quote:

sex sells
they use young females to market to a young female audience
it's perfectly rationalizationable, especially to someone in marketing

fixed it for you. The real target audience for models like Alana Blanchard isnt men or boys but women/teenage girls who want to look like her. Thats where the real money is.

#2079685 - 07/08/13 06:24 PM Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: dkennedys11]
Random Guy Offline
Duke status

Quote:

Quote:

sex sells
they use young females to market to a young female audience
it's perfectly rationalizationable, especially to someone in marketing

fixed it for you. The real target audience for models like Alana Blanchard isnt men or boys but women/teenage girls who want to look like her. Thats where the real money is.

yeah, i don't know what the f*ck i'm talking about
cowabunga
rg

#2079686 - 07/08/13 06:33 PM Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
keenfish Offline
Duke status

Loc: Trona
I like thong bikinis I cannot tell a lie in that regard.

With that said, I wish they all wore thong bikinis!

Well, not ALL. Only the ones with REEF girl nalgas or close to it!

Wait a minute, who am I kidding. I'm sticking with ALL.

Kids! Throw them to the gorillas! ~Autoprax

#2079687 - 07/08/13 08:12 PM Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: keenfish]
Fuller Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: .`..`.><(((>
It's all downhill after 17 for most women. Flaunt it while you can 'cause the cottage cheese look is inevitable.

#2079688 - 07/08/13 11:45 PM Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: frvcvs]
Surfdog Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: Oceanside,CA
Quote:

Quote:

Why are you guys even having a problem with the sexualization of ever younger children? I warned many about this trend over 10 years ago here, and everyone thought it'd never come to pass, and I was being a prude about it. "Hey kids have been doing it forever".

Well, we're here and it's getting younger by little slips and slides each year, and progressive generation. It won't stop until people really stand up to it, which I don't really see happening with this "you can't judge my moral values" mentality.

Take it and like it all you dad's of daughters (and son's too) out there. It's only going to get pushed on ever younger kids, slowly but surely. Good f'ing luck.

Soon 8yr olds will be fisting each others, then what?

For someone who's not a parent you often seem unusually bothered by the sexualization of young'ns. Why is that?

Because I'm not like you, as someone responsible for promoting this type of underage sexualization (i.e., Carrie Diaries) in media aimed at kids 18 and under. I have no problem what-so-ever with 18 and maybe 17 yr olds wearing thongs, if that's what they and their parents approve of. It's the 14 and unders that are getting further exploited sexually in advertising, TV media and entertainment, that I find a disturbing, troubling trend.

If you think that's OK, that your perrogative and right, but don't try to turn the tables on those that don't agree with this ever younger trend of sexualization aimed at even younger kids, by claiming those that find it troubling as somewhat suspect. It shows your hypocritic acceptance of this trend.

OK, devils advocate here. Why is it not cool to advertise/market using 14-15 yr old mostly naked ass? Where's the harm, ehhhhh?

#2079689 - 07/08/13 11:49 PM Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: Kento]
buttholesurfer Offline
Duke status

Loc: RatBeach

#2079690 - 07/09/13 06:23 AM Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
ifallalot Online   sick
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA
Gay test: failed

Get off my lawn

#2079691 - 07/09/13 07:46 AM Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: Surfdog]
GDaddy Offline
Duke status

Loc: Carlsbad
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Why are you guys even having a problem with the sexualization of ever younger children? I warned many about this trend over 10 years ago here, and everyone thought it'd never come to pass, and I was being a prude about it. "Hey kids have been doing it forever".

Well, we're here and it's getting younger by little slips and slides each year, and progressive generation. It won't stop until people really stand up to it, which I don't really see happening with this "you can't judge my moral values" mentality.

Take it and like it all you dad's of daughters (and son's too) out there. It's only going to get pushed on ever younger kids, slowly but surely. Good f'ing luck.

Soon 8yr olds will be fisting each others, then what?

For someone who's not a parent you often seem unusually bothered by the sexualization of young'ns. Why is that?

Because I'm not like you, as someone responsible for promoting this type of underage sexualization (i.e., Carrie Diaries) in media aimed at kids 18 and under. I have no problem what-so-ever with 18 and maybe 17 yr olds wearing thongs, if that's what they and their parents approve of. It's the 14 and unders that are getting further exploited sexually in advertising, TV media and entertainment, that I find a disturbing, troubling trend.

If you think that's OK, that your perrogative and right, but don't try to turn the tables on those that don't agree with this ever younger trend of sexualization aimed at even younger kids, by claiming those that find it troubling as somewhat suspect. It shows your hypocritic acceptance of this trend.

OK, devils advocate here. Why is it not cool to advertise/market using 14-15 yr old mostly naked ass? Where's the harm, ehhhhh?

In other words, you're not opposed to thongs and naked ass on women who are old enough to make an informed decision to market their assets; you're just concerned about the over-sexualization of underage girls.

We do send adult males to prison for "fratenizing" with underage girls. Some of those males are only a few years older than the girls they were socializing with. Prudish or not, we have undertaken to protect these girls from their own willingness to be sexually exploited.

We seem to have a few guys here who think there's no reason to draw a line here. But surely there's an age at which even they would object to it in the interest of the girl's well being.

Forget the friends and family argument because some of you guys refuse to take that hypothetical seriously on the basis of not having kids among your circle of acquaintances. Let's look at it in the larger context of the kids who live in your neighborhood - maybe you know them well enough to exchange waves with them and their parents as you drive past them on the street. Would you not be a little mindful of their well being if you saw them engaged in unsafe behavior like playing out in the street or talking to strangers or getting beat up by some older kid?

Kids are going through puberty at younger ages now than ever. Are you guys still okay with the 10-yr old rocking a thong at the beach just because there's grass on the field and she's sprouting jibblies? If not then you're agreeing that as a society we should draw the line somewhere. What remains is where that line should be. How young is too young for a kid to market their sexuality? 10? 12? 14? 16?

#2079692 - 07/09/13 08:08 AM Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: GDaddy]
HBSURFDAD Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Loc: In the water
How young is too young for a kid to market their sexuality? 10? 12? 14? 16?

That is easy to answer, 1 year older than my kid!

This discussion is difficult for me personally. On the one side you have kids finding a way to make money and see the world; but on the other hand does this teach them that this is all they can contribute? Laura Enever is a good example of using her looks positively, to go from a marketability of 9 to a marketability of 10. I have met her a few times and was genuinely impressed with how together she seemed.

Some others that are famous for their looks did not have the same level of self to them, they were playing a role of the sex kitten. This second group seems destined to be feature dancers at the local club.

If Sex is all they feel you can bring to the table, I personally feel sorry for them.

HBSURFDAD

#2079693 - 07/09/13 08:30 AM Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: HBSURFDAD]
Norm' Offline
Duke status

Loc: Lovetron
"The Wright brothers decide to make themselves a flying machine. You fools! You idiots! Whats your problem? everyone shouted, That will never work because plywood weighs more than air! To which the Wright brothers responded, No, it doesnt. The Wright brothers were dreamers."

#2079694 - 07/09/13 08:31 AM Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: HBSURFDAD]
r32 Offline

Tom Curren status

Loc: Cambria
Quote:

Laura Enever is a good example of using her looks positively, to go from a marketability of 9 to a marketability of 10. I have met her a few times and was genuinely impressed with how together she seemed.

HBSURFDAD

#2079695 - 07/09/13 08:45 AM Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: r32]
Norm' Offline
Duke status

Quote:

You wear too much eye makeup. My sister wears too much. People think she's a whore.
"The Wright brothers decide to make themselves a flying machine. You fools! You idiots! Whats your problem? everyone shouted, That will never work because plywood weighs more than air! To which the Wright brothers responded, No, it doesnt. The Wright brothers were dreamers."

#2079696 - 07/09/13 08:49 AM Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: Norm']
r32 Offline

Tom Curren status

Loc: Cambria
^if you say ferris bueller you lose a testicle

#2079697 - 07/09/13 09:00 AM Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: r32]
Norm' Offline
Duke status

#2079698 - 07/09/13 09:19 AM Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: Norm']
oneula Offline
Michael Peterson status

remember when guys used to surf in speedo's
sam george in africa
lango at courts uncle at haleiwa
and of course sam steamboat and the crew at waikiki

I don't mind the clothes its the lipgloss/eyeliner makeup in the lineup I can't stand
might as wear neon zinka warpaint instead

Rell, her sister Anela and Laura B were and are still beautiful in a one piece or not.

Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32