REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16
Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: Random Guy] #2079684
07/08/13 10:17 PM
07/08/13 10:17 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,175
beneath the blue suburban sky
D
dkennedys11 Offline
Miki Dora status
dkennedys11  Offline
Miki Dora status
**
D

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,175
beneath the blue suburban sky
Quote:

sex sells
they use young females to market to a young female audience
it's perfectly rationalizationable, especially to someone in marketing






fixed it for you. The real target audience for models like Alana Blanchard isnt men or boys but women/teenage girls who want to look like her. Thats where the real money is.


Bomb Hills not Countries.
Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: dkennedys11] #2079685
07/08/13 10:24 PM
07/08/13 10:24 PM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 25,848
R
Random Guy Offline
Duke status
Random Guy  Offline
Duke status
**
R

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 25,848
Quote:

Quote:

sex sells
they use young females to market to a young female audience
it's perfectly rationalizationable, especially to someone in marketing






fixed it for you. The real target audience for models like Alana Blanchard isnt men or boys but women/teenage girls who want to look like her. Thats where the real money is.



yeah, i don't know what the f*ck i'm talking about
cowabunga
rg

Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2079686
07/08/13 10:33 PM
07/08/13 10:33 PM
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,200
Trona
K
keenfish Offline
Duke status
keenfish  Offline
Duke status
***
K

Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,200
Trona
I like thong bikinis I cannot tell a lie in that regard.

With that said, I wish they all wore thong bikinis!

Well, not ALL. Only the ones with REEF girl nalgas or close to it!

Wait a minute, who am I kidding. I'm sticking with ALL.


\_(''/)_/

Kids! Throw them to the gorillas! ~Autoprax
Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: keenfish] #2079687
07/09/13 12:12 AM
07/09/13 12:12 AM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 11,780
.`..`.><(((>
F
Fuller Offline
Tom Curren status
Fuller  Offline
Tom Curren status
**
F

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 11,780
.`..`.><(((>
It's all downhill after 17 for most women. Flaunt it while you can 'cause the cottage cheese look is inevitable.


Aloha
Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: frvcvs] #2079688
07/09/13 03:45 AM
07/09/13 03:45 AM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 14,911
Oceanside,CA
S
Surfdog Offline
Tom Curren status
Surfdog  Offline
Tom Curren status
**
S

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 14,911
Oceanside,CA
Quote:

Quote:

Why are you guys even having a problem with the sexualization of ever younger children? I warned many about this trend over 10 years ago here, and everyone thought it'd never come to pass, and I was being a prude about it. "Hey kids have been doing it forever".

Well, we're here and it's getting younger by little slips and slides each year, and progressive generation. It won't stop until people really stand up to it, which I don't really see happening with this "you can't judge my moral values" mentality.

Take it and like it all you dad's of daughters (and son's too) out there. It's only going to get pushed on ever younger kids, slowly but surely. Good f'ing luck.




Soon 8yr olds will be fisting each others, then what?

For someone who's not a parent you often seem unusually bothered by the sexualization of young'ns. Why is that?




Because I'm not like you, as someone responsible for promoting this type of underage sexualization (i.e., Carrie Diaries) in media aimed at kids 18 and under. I have no problem what-so-ever with 18 and maybe 17 yr olds wearing thongs, if that's what they and their parents approve of. It's the 14 and unders that are getting further exploited sexually in advertising, TV media and entertainment, that I find a disturbing, troubling trend.

If you think that's OK, that your perrogative and right, but don't try to turn the tables on those that don't agree with this ever younger trend of sexualization aimed at even younger kids, by claiming those that find it troubling as somewhat suspect. It shows your hypocritic acceptance of this trend.

OK, devils advocate here. Why is it not cool to advertise/market using 14-15 yr old mostly naked ass? Where's the harm, ehhhhh?


Surf 'em if you got 'em
Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: Kento] #2079689
07/09/13 03:49 AM
07/09/13 03:49 AM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 33,830
RatBeach
B
buttholesurfer Offline
Duke status
buttholesurfer  Offline
Duke status
**
B

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 33,830
RatBeach



Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2079690
07/09/13 10:23 AM
07/09/13 10:23 AM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 56,587
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Offline
Duke status
ifallalot  Offline
Duke status
**
I

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 56,587
HB, CA
Gay test: failed

Get off my lawn


My entire existence is a failed gotcha
Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: Surfdog] #2079691
07/09/13 11:46 AM
07/09/13 11:46 AM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 23,195
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Online sleepy
Duke status
GDaddy  Online Sleepy
Duke status
**
G

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 23,195
Carlsbad
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Why are you guys even having a problem with the sexualization of ever younger children? I warned many about this trend over 10 years ago here, and everyone thought it'd never come to pass, and I was being a prude about it. "Hey kids have been doing it forever".

Well, we're here and it's getting younger by little slips and slides each year, and progressive generation. It won't stop until people really stand up to it, which I don't really see happening with this "you can't judge my moral values" mentality.

Take it and like it all you dad's of daughters (and son's too) out there. It's only going to get pushed on ever younger kids, slowly but surely. Good f'ing luck.




Soon 8yr olds will be fisting each others, then what?

For someone who's not a parent you often seem unusually bothered by the sexualization of young'ns. Why is that?




Because I'm not like you, as someone responsible for promoting this type of underage sexualization (i.e., Carrie Diaries) in media aimed at kids 18 and under. I have no problem what-so-ever with 18 and maybe 17 yr olds wearing thongs, if that's what they and their parents approve of. It's the 14 and unders that are getting further exploited sexually in advertising, TV media and entertainment, that I find a disturbing, troubling trend.

If you think that's OK, that your perrogative and right, but don't try to turn the tables on those that don't agree with this ever younger trend of sexualization aimed at even younger kids, by claiming those that find it troubling as somewhat suspect. It shows your hypocritic acceptance of this trend.

OK, devils advocate here. Why is it not cool to advertise/market using 14-15 yr old mostly naked ass? Where's the harm, ehhhhh?




In other words, you're not opposed to thongs and naked ass on women who are old enough to make an informed decision to market their assets; you're just concerned about the over-sexualization of underage girls.

We do send adult males to prison for "fratenizing" with underage girls. Some of those males are only a few years older than the girls they were socializing with. Prudish or not, we have undertaken to protect these girls from their own willingness to be sexually exploited.


We seem to have a few guys here who think there's no reason to draw a line here. But surely there's an age at which even they would object to it in the interest of the girl's well being.

Forget the friends and family argument because some of you guys refuse to take that hypothetical seriously on the basis of not having kids among your circle of acquaintances. Let's look at it in the larger context of the kids who live in your neighborhood - maybe you know them well enough to exchange waves with them and their parents as you drive past them on the street. Would you not be a little mindful of their well being if you saw them engaged in unsafe behavior like playing out in the street or talking to strangers or getting beat up by some older kid?

Kids are going through puberty at younger ages now than ever. Are you guys still okay with the 10-yr old rocking a thong at the beach just because there's grass on the field and she's sprouting jibblies? If not then you're agreeing that as a society we should draw the line somewhere. What remains is where that line should be. How young is too young for a kid to market their sexuality? 10? 12? 14? 16?


#sowhat
Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: GDaddy] #2079692
07/09/13 12:08 PM
07/09/13 12:08 PM
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 503
In the water
H
HBSURFDAD Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
HBSURFDAD  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
**
H

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 503
In the water
How young is too young for a kid to market their sexuality? 10? 12? 14? 16?

That is easy to answer, 1 year older than my kid!

This discussion is difficult for me personally. On the one side you have kids finding a way to make money and see the world; but on the other hand does this teach them that this is all they can contribute? Laura Enever is a good example of using her looks positively, to go from a marketability of 9 to a marketability of 10. I have met her a few times and was genuinely impressed with how together she seemed.

Some others that are famous for their looks did not have the same level of self to them, they were playing a role of the sex kitten. This second group seems destined to be feature dancers at the local club.

If Sex is all they feel you can bring to the table, I personally feel sorry for them.

HBSURFDAD

Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: HBSURFDAD] #2079693
07/09/13 12:30 PM
07/09/13 12:30 PM
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 23,311
Lovetron
N
Norm' Offline
Duke status
Norm'  Offline
Duke status
**
N

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 23,311
Lovetron


"The Wright brothers decide to make themselves a flying machine. You fools! You idiots! Whats your problem? everyone shouted, That will never work because plywood weighs more than air! To which the Wright brothers responded, No, it doesnt. The Wright brothers were dreamers."
Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: HBSURFDAD] #2079694
07/09/13 12:31 PM
07/09/13 12:31 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,935
Cambria
R
r32 Offline

Tom Curren status
r32  Offline

Tom Curren status
***
R

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,935
Cambria
Quote:

Laura Enever is a good example of using her looks positively, to go from a marketability of 9 to a marketability of 10. I have met her a few times and was genuinely impressed with how together she seemed.

HBSURFDAD









Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: r32] #2079695
07/09/13 12:45 PM
07/09/13 12:45 PM
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 23,311
Lovetron
N
Norm' Offline
Duke status
Norm'  Offline
Duke status
**
N

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 23,311
Lovetron
Quote:







You wear too much eye makeup. My sister wears too much. People think she's a whore.


"The Wright brothers decide to make themselves a flying machine. You fools! You idiots! Whats your problem? everyone shouted, That will never work because plywood weighs more than air! To which the Wright brothers responded, No, it doesnt. The Wright brothers were dreamers."
Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: Norm'] #2079696
07/09/13 12:49 PM
07/09/13 12:49 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,935
Cambria
R
r32 Offline

Tom Curren status
r32  Offline

Tom Curren status
***
R

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,935
Cambria
^if you say ferris bueller you lose a testicle

Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: r32] #2079697
07/09/13 01:00 PM
07/09/13 01:00 PM
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 23,311
Lovetron
N
Norm' Offline
Duke status
Norm'  Offline
Duke status
**
N

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 23,311
Lovetron


"The Wright brothers decide to make themselves a flying machine. You fools! You idiots! Whats your problem? everyone shouted, That will never work because plywood weighs more than air! To which the Wright brothers responded, No, it doesnt. The Wright brothers were dreamers."
Re: THONG BIKINIS: Now standard for 14-18 y/o female surf "stars"/groupies? [Re: Norm'] #2079698
07/09/13 01:19 PM
07/09/13 01:19 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,017
O
oneula Offline
Michael Peterson status
oneula  Offline
Michael Peterson status
**
O

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,017
remember when guys used to surf in speedo's
sam george in africa
lango at courts uncle at haleiwa
and of course sam steamboat and the crew at waikiki

I don't mind the clothes its the lipgloss/eyeliner makeup in the lineup I can't stand
might as wear neon zinka warpaint instead

Rell, her sister Anela and Laura B were and are still beautiful in a one piece or not.


waSUPcuz? shaka ala n da mooleh bulls..
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32