REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
Page 1 of 180 1 2 3 ... 179 180 >
Previous Topic
View All Topics Index
Next Topic
#2064691 - 05/28/13 10:23 AM Neal's Images of the Day
sponge Offline
Kelly Slater status
***

Registered: 02/10/02
Posts: 8443
Loc: Honolulu, HI, USA
Rather than author many pages of surf/photo sessions, here is one thread where I'll try and publish a surf image a day. Hope you like!

Glass Cylinder, Sandy Beach, 5/26/13. Went to shoot with low expectations. Surf has been pounding at Sandys but the swell is gone and the winds are up. Still managed to snag a few nuggets, including this glassy beaut. Shameless excessive Photoshop enhancements make this photo art.



Edited by sponge (05/28/13 12:03 PM)
_________________________
sponge www.hisurfadvisory.com

Top
#2064692 - 05/28/13 10:34 AM Re: Neal's Image of the Day [Re: sponge]
HeyyNow Offline
Billy Hamilton status
*

Registered: 01/25/13
Posts: 1460
Nice Neal. I've had one of your Pipe photos as screen saver for the past few months. Thanks.

Top
#2064693 - 05/28/13 10:38 AM Re: Neal's Image of the Day [Re: sponge]
Q_Surf Offline
Duke status
**

Registered: 05/05/03
Posts: 20011
Loc: world's largest oregon
Quote:

Rather than author many pages of surf/photo sessions, here is one thread where I'll try and publish a surf image a day. Hope you like!

Glass Cylinder, Sandy Beach, 5/26/13. Went to shoot with low expectations. Surf has been pounding at Sandys but the swell is gone and the winds are up. Still managed to snag a few nuggets, including this glassy beaut. Shameless excessive Photoshop enhancements make this photo art.






never thought Sandy's would be accused of having a yellow streak in it.

sweet shot sponge.
_________________________
Nature's finest transportation
><((((>

Top
#2064694 - 05/28/13 10:43 AM Re: Neal's Image of the Day [Re: sponge]
ElOgro Offline
Duke status
**

Registered: 12/03/10
Posts: 16375
That's a beaut!
_________________________
"That's their respect for me... I got leid," Rabbit Kekai

"That's all it takes--one moment." Sponge

Top
#2064696 - 05/28/13 11:55 AM Re: Neal's Image of the Day [Re: sponge]
youcantbeserious Offline
Michael Peterson status
**

Registered: 08/09/06
Posts: 3319
Loc: Location Location
Mahalos Neal!

Mods please pin this thread to the top.
_________________________
I've been banned from better websites than this one.

Top
#2064697 - 05/29/13 04:36 AM Re: Neal's Image of the Day [Re: youcantbeserious]
DaGrizTex Offline
Billy Hamilton status
*****

Registered: 01/18/07
Posts: 1644
Quote:

Mahalos Neal!

Mods please pin this thread to the top.


_________________________
"Democrats and Republicans two cheeks of the same ass."

Top
#2064698 - 05/29/13 07:27 AM Re: Neal's Images of the Day [Re: sponge]
john4surf Offline
Phil Edwards status
***

Registered: 05/28/05
Posts: 6702
Loc: CBS, CA
Mad skills

Quote:







Top
#2064699 - 05/29/13 08:48 AM Re: Neal's Images of the Day [Re: sponge]
sponge Offline
Kelly Slater status
***

Registered: 02/10/02
Posts: 8443
Loc: Honolulu, HI, USA
Thanks all.

David, Big Rights, 5/18/13. Back to the recent south swell, Saturday morning was really glassy; so much so that you can plainly see the LM logo in the water's reflection. Didn't realize at the time, but the surfer is a friend. This was actually pretty trusting because this stranger (at the time) stabbed a bottom turn right in front of my face. Funny too because once we recognized each other, we couldn't line up for another shot.



Edited by sponge (05/29/13 08:49 AM)
_________________________
sponge www.hisurfadvisory.com

Top
#2064700 - 05/29/13 08:58 AM Re: Neal's Images of the Day [Re: sponge]
Boneroni Offline
Tom Curren status
**

Registered: 03/05/12
Posts: 10346
Loc: Goleta
That is a really great shot Sponge! I love the reflection and you really get a feeling for the speed from the spray off of the back of his board
_________________________
Originally Posted By: PPK96754
Don't stir the pot if you don't know the ingredient.

Originally Posted By: HarryLopez
I guess the ocean is always ready to kill someone for free. laugh

Top
#2064701 - 05/29/13 09:05 AM Re: Neal's Images of the Day [Re: Boneroni]
sponge Offline
Kelly Slater status
***

Registered: 02/10/02
Posts: 8443
Loc: Honolulu, HI, USA
Quote:

That is a really great shot Sponge! I love the reflection and you really get a feeling for the speed from the spray off of the back of his board




Spray does look a bit blurry even at 1/1250 sec shutter speed.
_________________________
sponge www.hisurfadvisory.com

Top
#2064702 - 05/29/13 09:24 AM Re: Neal's Images of the Day [Re: sponge]
Drumsurf Offline
Gerry Lopez status
*

Registered: 11/04/12
Posts: 1180
Loc: Beach
Great idea for a single thread with all of your photos. I like it!

Top
#2064703 - 05/29/13 11:06 AM Re: Neal's Images of the Day [Re: sponge]
RemyXO Offline
Michael Peterson status
**

Registered: 03/12/03
Posts: 3268
Loc: San Luis Obispo
Wow, great angle Sponge.

Umm, could you get a chick in a bikini next time?

Top
#2064704 - 05/29/13 11:28 AM Re: Neal's Image of the Day [Re: youcantbeserious]
tenover Offline
Kelly Slater status
**

Registered: 01/17/03
Posts: 8394
Loc: Point Loma, CA
Quote:

Mods please pin this thread to the top.




Good idea. Done.


Edited by tenover (05/29/13 11:30 AM)

Top
#2064705 - 05/29/13 11:34 AM Re: Neal's Images of the Day [Re: sponge]
bloomies Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status
**

Registered: 09/27/08
Posts: 9183
Quote:

Thanks all.

David, Big Rights, 5/18/13. Back to the recent south swell, Saturday morning was really glassy; so much so that you can plainly see the LM logo in the water's reflection. Didn't realize at the time, but the surfer is a friend. This was actually pretty trusting because this stranger (at the time) stabbed a bottom turn right in front of my face. Funny too because once we recognized each other, we couldn't line up for another shot.






Fin detail!



_________________________
Eighty percent of Americans possess 7 percent of our nations wealth. Anyone still championing the reality of the American dream is either delusional, dishonest or criminally uninformed.

Top
#2064706 - 05/29/13 11:50 AM Re: Neal's Image of the Day [Re: tenover]
youcantbeserious Offline
Michael Peterson status
**

Registered: 08/09/06
Posts: 3319
Loc: Location Location
Quote:

Quote:

Mods please pin this thread to the top.




Good idea. Done.





Thanks tenover! Sick shot again Neal! Keep em comin'. One of these days I hope to connect with you in the water and become immortalized on this thread.
_________________________
I've been banned from better websites than this one.

Top
Page 1 of 180 1 2 3 ... 179 180 >


Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32