REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2024029 - 01/29/13 06:10 AM The ...lost Couch Potato review Thread.
greysuit Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: My god..it's full of k00ks
I figured I'd get the ball rolling with these boards since there are a few here riding them and more on the way. Here's my review.

Who: 5’11”x 182lbs. x 40 yrs of surfing.

What: ….lost Couch Potato 5’7x21.75”x2.5” 35.85L Keahana EPS, 5 fusion boxes, and currently using PG, MR-TFX tri fin set. It has a mostly flat bottom (maybe a hair of single concave in the nose area?), some vee between the fins, and flat out the back. Rails are elliptical. No harder edge develops until the last foot, or so, of the board.

Where: Weak FL. beach break under chest high.

Why: My learning-to-surf-daughter hijacked my Plank so I needed a replacement groveler. Tried a JS Pier Pony but didn’t click my best with it. Almost picked up a Bottom Feeder until catching wind of Mayhem’s domestic series. Glad I waited.

Ride: This board should be called the Crack Potato. It’s super fun and you will quickly become addicted to riding it. The great thing about these types of boards is that you don’t have to wait for waves. If anything is breaking, go surf. I’ve had this puppy out in everything from below-knee-high-lake-Atlantic-windslop to clean, nearly chest high groundswell NSB inlet peaks. In the real small stuff it does not have the glide of the Plank (in fairness, the Plank I have is a larger board and has added advantage with more parallel rails). The CP will cruise in the real small stuff though and, thanks to the vee and Keahana-lightness, pop little off the lips in waves shin-high.

Comparo pic:

The CP really comes alive knee high and up with effortless speed on offer and, thanks again to the vee/Kea-lightness, full tail out snaps on weak little knee-thigh waves. Also, the CP Kea-board recovers quicker from snaps/cutbacks, too, allowing you to maximize wave potential. I have had to readjust my smaller wave surfing a bit because of the quickness of the Keahana/CP equation. Also, the board produces plenty of spray, more so than most grovelers I’ve owned. I highly recommend this board if you are in the market for a small wave/grovel-type stick! Get the Keahana version if possible. It’s worth the extra coin.

#2024030 - 01/29/13 06:51 AM Re: The ...lost Couch Potato review Thread. [Re: greysuit]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA
Arrrrrrgh I can't wait for my Lazy Boy

#2024031 - 01/29/13 07:44 AM Re: The ...lost Couch Potato review Thread. [Re: ifallalot]
FresnoRipper Offline
Michael Peterson status

Quote:

Arrrrrrgh I can't wait for my Lazy Boy

+1

damm

Thanks for the review brother, that sounds like a hoot. Congrats

#2024032 - 01/29/13 08:17 AM Re: The ...lost Couch Potato review Thread. [Re: FresnoRipper]
seacow Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Loc: NY
STOCKED to read this review. Just pulled the trigger on one off the shelf. You need good super grovel board around here but some of my recent mini sim and other shapes ive been riding have been so wide they end up straining my already bad shoulder. This will little narrower and longer then usual for me. I cant wait.

#2024033 - 01/29/13 09:42 AM Re: The ...lost Couch Potato review Thread. [Re: greysuit]
Kingston Offline
Nep status

Loc: South Bay
now I think I got mine too big.

#2024034 - 01/29/13 10:30 AM Re: The ...lost Couch Potato review Thread. [Re: Kingston]
roner Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Nice review Greysuit

The CP is my next super groveler. I think Matt B. really nailed it with this one.

#2024035 - 01/29/13 11:02 AM Re: The ...lost Couch Potato review Thread. [Re: roner]
donniedarko Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: The Coast
Just ordered one. EPS 5'7"

#2024036 - 01/29/13 11:17 AM Re: The ...lost Couch Potato review Thread. [Re: donniedarko]
FresnoRipper Offline
Michael Peterson status

Yew donnie!!!

CP more low end than a Bottom Feeda'?

#2024037 - 01/29/13 11:24 AM Re: The ...lost Couch Potato review Thread. [Re: FresnoRipper]
greysuit Offline
Michael Peterson status

Although I haven't ridden a BF, I've fondled them enough to see the CP has an edge thanks to its planshape, if everything else is equal.

#2024038 - 01/29/13 12:59 PM Re: The ...lost Couch Potato review Thread. [Re: greysuit]
FresnoRipper Offline
Michael Peterson status

Word. Thx grey

#2024039 - 01/29/13 01:42 PM Re: The ...lost Couch Potato review Thread. [Re: greysuit]
mikespeed Offline
Grom

More pix!

#2024040 - 01/29/13 08:43 PM Re: The ...lost Couch Potato review Thread. [Re: mikespeed]
Dawn_patrol Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: HB
Looks like a fun one!

#2024041 - 01/29/13 10:17 PM Re: The ...lost Couch Potato review Thread. [Re: greysuit]
Havoc Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: The OC Life
sorry fellas, they may be renaming the couch potato also. lazyboy is now a pro model. I think the couch potato may soon become Ifallalots signature step down model. see below:

#2024042 - 02/01/13 09:30 AM Re: The ...lost Couch Potato review Thread. [Re: greysuit]
Turtle71 Offline
Nep status

Loc: NE FL
I was under the impression from the Lost site that it had the same bottom contours as the Bottom Feeder: belly to double...

Either way sounds like alot of fun! Thanks for the review.

Edited by Turtle71 (02/01/13 10:34 AM)

#2024043 - 02/01/13 11:50 AM Re: The ...lost Couch Potato review Thread. [Re: Turtle71]
greysuit Offline
Michael Peterson status

There might be a tiny hair of concave in the belly or my mind is playing tricks. There is "spiral" vee between the fins but no obvious concave before or after.

Went out, skins, on the last super warm 85 degree day (water 65) and had barrel-of-monkeys fun in knee-high, pre-cold front suck up swell. Definitely the best performance grovel board I've ever had.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >