REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#1731323 - 05/04/11 06:49 PM So what's the story on the "Get pitted" guy?
KauaiDKer Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: Besht lil island in da world
Alright. Fess up. One or more of you delinquents must know this guy. What's the backstory to that clip? I'm guessing he's just playing up urfer stereotypes.

BTW, any one ever get the remix stuck in their head? Sh1t's hilarious to have in your head during a sesh.

#1731324 - 05/04/11 06:55 PM Re: So what's the story on the "Get pitted" guy? [Re: KauaiDKer]
FecalFace Offline
Duke status

Loc: down der by the harbor

That remix never gets old.

#1731325 - 05/04/11 07:15 PM Re: So what's the story on the "Get pitted" guy? [Re: KauaiDKer]
ifallalot Online   sick
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA
lately only that song or Antoine Dodson has been stuck in my head

#1731326 - 05/04/11 07:33 PM Re: So what's the story on the "Get pitted" guy? [Re: ifallalot]
Fuller Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: .`..`.><(((>
I couldn't watch the original clip - it was just too embarrassing or something. But the remix is brilliant parody and a damn fine tune in its own right.

The guy who did that also does an auto-tune version of Carl Sagan lectures. Trippy

So pitted...

#1731327 - 05/04/11 07:34 PM Re: So what's the story on the "Get pitted" guy? [Re: KauaiDKer]
silentbutdeadly Offline
Duke status

Loc: Tower 13
I think that remix is one of the best things the internets has produced. I still laugh my ass off at that thing.

Yeah it's weird with all the people in the OC here, no one knows this guy or knows anyone that does. I would love to meet this guy and shake his hand.

#1731328 - 05/04/11 08:45 PM Re: So what's the story on the "Get pitted" guy? [Re: Fuller]
HatterasGlass Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Quote:

I couldn't watch the original clip - it was just too embarrassing or something. But the remix is brilliant parody and a damn fine tune in its own right.

The guy who did that also does an auto-tune version of Carl Sagan lectures. Trippy

I have had the get pitted remix in my ipod for months. 1,000 times later and I still laugh every.single.time.

As for Sagan:

Got it on the ipod too. It actually rocks at volume 11.

So pitted...

Edited by HatterasGlass (05/04/11 08:47 PM)

#1731329 - 05/04/11 09:00 PM Re: So what's the story on the "Get pitted" guy? [Re: silentbutdeadly]
juan_guzman Offline
Michael Peterson status

Quote:

I think that remix is one of the best things the internets has produced. I still laugh my ass off at that thing.
... I would love to meet this guy and shake his hand.

+ 1 on all counts

#1731330 - 05/04/11 10:37 PM Re: So what's the story on the "Get pitted" guy? [Re: juan_guzman]
bandini Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: SF
I would love to see another interview with Get Pitted Guy.

This remix gets in my head more than any other...

#1731331 - 05/04/11 10:44 PM Re: So what's the story on the "Get pitted" guy? [Re: bandini]
ifallalot Online   sick
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA
This one's pretty good

#1731332 - 05/04/11 10:48 PM Re: So what's the story on the "Get pitted" guy? [Re: KauaiDKer]
Eunice Offline
Kelly Slater status

Loc: A Magical and Wondrous Place
We want to believe that the original get pitted news clip is an Internet hoax.

#1731333 - 06/11/11 04:58 PM Re: So what's the story on the "Get pitted" guy? [Re: KauaiDKer]
SnowWahine Offline
Grom

How can it be that nobody in Huntington Beach recognizes this guy? Did he run away in shame? He should have run for mayor.

#1731334 - 06/11/11 06:48 PM Re: So what's the story on the "Get pitted" guy? [Re: Eunice]
ringer Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: Huntington Beach, California
Quote:

We want to believe that the original get pitted news clip is an Internet hoax.

The curious thing is that the news clip identifies the location as "Surf Park" in HB, which does not exist, then shows helicopter shots of people messing around in a completely flooded parking lot which I don't recognize, then in the immediate background of the ostensibly live "get pitted" interview there are people coincidentally just dropping in on real nice waves, mere hours after the end of a 25-year storm. I don't want to destroy anyone's dreams, but that video is fake.

And that's it for today's video breakdown.

--Tosh.0, out.

#1731335 - 06/11/11 08:26 PM Re: So what's the story on the "Get pitted" guy? [Re: ringer]
Sporaticus Offline
Grom

Loc: HoboPier, CA
Its Winter Seal Beach guys. Morning temp is 52 at 8am. The kook is wearing a short sleeve wetty(kook!) and more than likely is a booger.
The kook or the 'Get Pitted Guy' is in my estimation one of those guys who thinks acting like Jeff Spicoli is cool. He's probably from Kansas and had been surfing 18 months. I've met a few like him, its hard to listen to them talk. I had to put up with a few like that in H.S. I'd like to believe he was punking the newscrew but I dont think so.

#1731336 - 06/11/11 08:41 PM Re: So what's the story on the "Get pitted" guy? [Re: Sporaticus]
Kincaid Offline
Billy Hamilton status

Loc: lava tube, Hawaii
I've wondered the same. How about techno Viking? That guy was classic.

#1731337 - 06/11/11 09:54 PM Re: So what's the story on the "Get pitted" guy? [Re: KauaiDKer]
Rickoray Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: SOC CA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32