REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
Page 3 of 247 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 246 247 >
View All Topics Index
#1714761 - 04/11/11 04:24 AM Re: Tomo MPH [Re: nkpheous]
Fl4mer Offline
Grom

Loc: KomSkom
Thanks for taking the trouble of posting rocker pics, nkpheos. Much appreciated mate.

#1714762 - 04/11/11 07:54 AM Re: Tomo MPH [Re: physcowino]
heelnipstr Online   content
Miki Dora status

Loc: Southern Tip, Norcal
Quote:

any body have a v-3 mph dual,if so how fast is it,how does it catch waves,paddel,how loose is it,drive etc.how does it ride in the tube?trying to pick a model is driving me nuts.

I have the v3 mph dual. can't compare it to his others but I took my hull out yesterday because the waves were small and I was looking for a change. After 30 minutes I got out and walked back to get the tomo.

The tomo is almost as smooth as my hull, has the nice glide and as you are feeling the lov'n groove you can then smack the sht out of the wave.
as for your questions: very stable on steep face or rampy wave. Just don't be afraid to order smaller than you think.

#1714763 - 04/11/11 07:58 AM Re: Tomo MPH [Re: Norsemann]
retodd Offline
Duke status

full carbon bottom , stringerless EPS !

damn .

#1714764 - 04/11/11 08:28 AM Re: Tomo MPH [Re: jellyjam]
nkpheous Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Huntington Beach
Quote:

Its probably easier for you to get one of these than me and I live in his home state!!!
Our surf industry (in Australia) is so small and the boutique guys just don't get much of a look in. Its a shame because we have so much awesome untouched coastline just waiting to surf and try out new boards!
Does that single concave exit the tail as deep as it is at the fins? I read that he made mention of more 'edge' further up the board. How far does he carry it on the model you have?
Thanks for sharing...

the single lookes deepest between the fins but does go out the tail. the pic i took is washed out but there is a channel cut out that acts like the split tail of the v2. there is that tucked edge going most of the way up the board but not nearly like his hydrafoil boards. the nose to about the 12" mark is more bladey like a hull.

Quote:

any body have a v-3 mph dual,if so how fast is it,how does it catch waves,paddel,how loose is it,drive etc.how does it ride in the tube?trying to pick a model is driving me nuts.

its ridiculous fast. you don't have to do anything for speed. in fact dt told me to just stand there on the first wave, foot back all the way and let the board do the work. speed is not an issue, but because the board is so small/narrow its squirrely at first. not an issue now but my first few waves (head high) the board felt out of control at times. now its so smooth and i feel like i'm in the wave so much quicker with speed to burn that i'm going farther out into the flats and going more vertical than i normally would. i have more time to set things up i guess.

to answer the other questions, yes it catches waves very easy, sticks late drops better than any other board i have. very loose due to the size of the board. very drivey but you'll find you don't have to do much for speed. as for riding the tube, i've only driven through a few closeouts tubes but it definely works in the barrel. helps that it does late steep drops so well. as for which model, if your looking for more of a barrel rider dual mph maybe the v1 or v2 would be a better choice because you'll get more directional control with those. this one does it also, but is more of an all arounder from knee to hh. this thing has way more range than i was expecting. love this board.

#1714765 - 04/11/11 08:29 AM Re: Tomo MPH [Re: Norsemann]
nkpheous Offline
Michael Peterson status

alaia on steroids

#1714766 - 04/11/11 09:17 AM Re: Tomo MPH [Re: retodd]
Norsemann Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Loc: Long Beach, CA
Just spray, I'm afraid. I feel plenty of flex in there, even w/6oz glass on the bottom.

#1714767 - 04/11/11 09:45 AM Re: Tomo MPH [Re: VaB]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA
does Dan not do FCS fins? I only see this with Futures and glass-ons

#1714768 - 04/11/11 10:08 AM Re: Tomo MPH [Re: ifallalot]
nkpheous Offline
Michael Peterson status

I saw some boards W/ fcs plugs (channel bottoms boards) and fusion

#1714769 - 04/11/11 10:43 AM Re: Tomo MPH [Re: ifallalot]
nkpheous Offline
Michael Peterson status

#1714770 - 04/11/11 11:00 AM Re: Tomo MPH [Re: nkpheous]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA

#1714771 - 04/11/11 11:39 AM Re: Tomo MPH [Re: nkpheous]
chrisp510 Offline
Billy Hamilton status

Quote:

Quote:

I'm keen to know/see the rocker and bottom profile on these things. Is the rocker flat through the tail like a mini sim? And, also like a mini sim, is there belly to flat to single concave through the fins?
Reason I ask is that I recently shaped my first board - a mini simm. I stuck to the Hydrodynamica recipe of short, very wide (23"!!) and flat with belly to flat to concave between two double foiled keels. The thing is an absolute blast and has replaced my mini mal for crap days. I'm thinking my next project will be a similar recipe, but more HP - like the MPHs. But we'll see I predict I may get round to it in about 1 year at earliest!

a little bit of belly entry to single out the tail.

quote to see the pics

#1714772 - 04/11/11 12:08 PM Re: Tomo MPH [Re: winwin]
SurfZombie Offline
Tom Curren status

Quote:

But i have surfed it in peaky, good, barrelling waves and it has a hard time staying in the barrell...i remember stalling, changing foot positioning, and dragging both arms in order to get a cover up , but its inherent speed made it hard. Also, i find that surfing in the pocket is definitely a bit of a challenge too. And, for me the pumping that is require in traditional hpsb quads/tri's allows me to get into the rhythm and feel out the energy of a wave, which is a good thing...not just blazing fast speed.

no disrespect winwin, but I couldn't disagree anymore with this.

I feel the exact opposite. My quad Raptor is my go to board when my beach break is peaky and starting to throw a bit. I've found that you have to slightly alter your surfing to get it to work and instead of surfing it like you would a standard shortboard, you have to take into consideration the "slingshot effect" that it has and dial it back a bit. but it's a GREAT tube-riding board imo.

As for the pocket, I think it likes the pocket too. Flowing right into it and you just use the speed to get the most out of it. Works for me at least.

#1714773 - 04/11/11 12:14 PM Re: Tomo MPH [Re: SurfZombie]
justintme Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

your spot on Lamb.

#1714774 - 04/11/11 12:38 PM Re: Tomo MPH [Re: SurfZombie]
heelnipstr Online   content
Miki Dora status

Loc: Southern Tip, Norcal
Quote:

Quote:

But i have surfed it in peaky, good, barrelling waves and it has a hard time staying in the barrell...i remember stalling, changing foot positioning, and dragging both arms in order to get a cover up , but its inherent speed made it hard. Also, i find that surfing in the pocket is definitely a bit of a challenge too. And, for me the pumping that is require in traditional hpsb quads/tri's allows me to get into the rhythm and feel out the energy of a wave, which is a good thing...not just blazing fast speed.

no disrespect winwin, but I couldn't disagree anymore with this.

I feel the exact opposite. My quad Raptor is my go to board when my beach break is peaky and starting to throw a bit. I've found that you have to slightly alter your surfing to get it to work and instead of surfing it like you would a standard shortboard, you have to take into consideration the "slingshot effect" that it has and dial it back a bit. but it's a GREAT tube-riding board imo.

As for the pocket, I think it likes the pocket too. Flowing right into it and you just use the speed to get the most out of it. Works for me at least.

maybe this is an archer issue or type of wave or the tomo model or how DT foiled the board...
all these generalities...need to be taken lightly.
how about they work

#1714775 - 04/11/11 12:44 PM Re: Tomo MPH [Re: heelnipstr]
SurfZombie Offline
Tom Curren status

Agreed 100%. It works, hands down - and with a ton less volume than I would expect too.

Just to clarify - I wasn't insinuating anything with winwin - I was just talking about board design. Doubt it's an archer issue there. Different strokes for different folks - people ride all kinds of boards in all kinds of conditions and it varies surfer to surfer. It's all good.

Page 3 of 247 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 246 247 >