REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Jalama Beach [Re: afoaf] #1685450
02/14/11 07:45 PM
02/14/11 07:45 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,936
Cambria
R
r32 Offline

Tom Curren status
r32  Offline

Tom Curren status
***
R

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,936
Cambria
Good friend of mine from a little further south than me surfs there a lot. He said he's only seen a shark 3x in 25+ years and that each time the lineup cleared out in less than a minute.

Re: Jalama Beach [Re: r32] #1685451
02/14/11 10:54 PM
02/14/11 10:54 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 427
805
M
motosurf Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
motosurf  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
**
M

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 427
805
So I guess it's cool to talk about spots on the Internet as long as it isn't yours?? And yea we spotted a 14ft whitey while kiting last year. Continued to do some high speed trolling but it didn't stick around. U guys better stay in la. It's much safer there.

Re: Jalama Beach [Re: motosurf] #1685452
02/14/11 11:52 PM
02/14/11 11:52 PM
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 7,876
Home
2
23rdstMB Offline
Kelly Slater status
23rdstMB  Offline
Kelly Slater status
**
2

Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 7,876
Home
Quote:

So I guess it's cool to talk about spots on the Internet as long as it isn't yours?? And yea we spotted a 14ft whitey while kiting last year. Continued to do some high speed trolling but it didn't stick around. U guys better stay in la. It's much safer there.




Jalama takes dedication. You have to put in the time to get the conditions (wind) wired. Most times you go there and its perfect for kiteys like moto - other times it turns out to be the longest drive you'll ever take to get a decent cheeseburger.

Re: Jalama Beach [Re: motosurf] #1685453
02/15/11 12:47 AM
02/15/11 12:47 AM
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 324
N
NorthOC75 Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
NorthOC75  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
**
N

Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 324
Quote:

So I guess it's cool to talk about spots on the Internet as long as it isn't yours?? And yea we spotted a 14ft whitey while kiting last year. Continued to do some high speed trolling but it didn't stick around. U guys better stay in la. It's much safer there.




Calm down dude, Jalama is not a secret. I love "locals".

Re: Jalama Beach [Re: 23rdstMB] #1685454
02/15/11 12:54 AM
02/15/11 12:54 AM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 11,780
.`..`.><(((>
F
Fuller Offline
Tom Curren status
Fuller  Offline
Tom Curren status
**
F

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 11,780
.`..`.><(((>
A while back I had a day to kill after a business meeting in LA. Rented a car and just started driving north. No swell at all but it was a fun drive that ended up at Jalama. Nice place if you like cold and windy. Drove back through the mountains, through Solvang where they serve a lot of schnitzel.

The business guy I had to deal with in LA the next day tried to put the moves on me. I told him if he liked schnitzel so much he should go to Solvang.

LA is weird.


Aloha
Re: Jalama Beach [Re: motosurf] #1685455
02/15/11 02:23 PM
02/15/11 02:23 PM
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 9,300
L
LAisntsobad Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status
LAisntsobad  Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status
**
L

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 9,300
I could understand other spots but Jalama=Trestles. Been that way forever. Sorry.

Quote:

So I guess it's cool to talk about spots on the Internet as long as it isn't yours?? And yea we spotted a 14ft whitey while kiting last year. Continued to do some high speed trolling but it didn't stick around. U guys better stay in la. It's much safer there.






LMFAO @ "stay in LA because we're so much more core all F****ING 2+ hrs north of here bro!"



SIMA:"Promoting participation in surfing, which will result in increased sales of members' products"
Re: Jalama Beach [Re: Fuller] #1685456
02/15/11 02:57 PM
02/15/11 02:57 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 928
T
tatertot Offline
Nep status
tatertot  Offline
Nep status
*
T

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 928
Quote:

A while back I had a day to kill after a business meeting in LA. Rented a car and just started driving north. No swell at all but it was a fun drive that ended up at Jalama. Nice place if you like cold and windy. Drove back through the mountains, through Solvang where they serve a lot of schnitzel.

The business guy I had to deal with in LA the next day tried to put the moves on me. I told him if he liked schnitzel so much he should go to Solvang.

LA is weird.




So you and Frvcvs are going to open up a diaper cleaning business?
Be careful Frvcvs doesn't eat the profits.


Nice to see both you sweet middle aged gaibois have posted stories about guys trying to put the make on you today. You're both SO attractive.
Will you be coming out together?

Re: Jalama Beach [Re: LAisntsobad] #1685457
02/15/11 03:00 PM
02/15/11 03:00 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 427
805
M
motosurf Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
motosurf  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
**
M

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 427
805
lol your clueless..go ahead and waste your fuel...99% chance your going to get skunked anyways......the funny part is you guys abbreviate names of spots smack dab in the middle of the shithole referred to as la/oc...id seriously rather shoot myself in the head than carry on your pitiful existence south of ventura

Quote:

I could understand other spots but Jalama=Trestles. Been that way forever. Sorry.



LMFAO @ "stay in LA because we're so much more core all F****ING 2+ hrs north of here bro!"





Re: Jalama Beach [Re: motosurf] #1685458
02/15/11 03:12 PM
02/15/11 03:12 PM
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,516
Rbeach
R
rowjimmytour Offline
Miki Dora status
rowjimmytour  Offline
Miki Dora status
**
R

Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,516
Rbeach
Quote:

lol your clueless..go ahead and waste your fuel...99% chance your going to get skunked anyways......the funny part is you guys abbreviate names of spots smack dab in the middle of the shithole referred to as la/oc...id seriously rather shoot myself in the head than carry on your pitiful existence south of ventura

Quote:

I could understand other spots but Jalama=Trestles. Been that way forever. Sorry.



LMFAO @ "stay in LA because we're so much more core all F****ING 2+ hrs north of here bro!"











There's a time to shit and a time for God
The last shit I took was pretty fooking' odd!
Re: Jalama Beach [Re: motosurf] #1685459
02/15/11 03:16 PM
02/15/11 03:16 PM
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 9,300
L
LAisntsobad Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status
LAisntsobad  Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status
**
L

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 9,300
Quote:

lol your clueless..




Only thing hilarious here is your internet threats over JALAMA, some imaginary border you have "south of Conception" (sorry but to me if I can make a day trip out of it, it's well within striking distance), and most of all...

thinking that your internet chest pounding is going to keep me from surfing WHEREVER I WANT TO including your beloved more protected spots up there like I've been doing for 20+ years.


Have a nice day


Last edited by LAisntsobad; 02/15/11 03:19 PM.

SIMA:"Promoting participation in surfing, which will result in increased sales of members' products"
Re: Jalama Beach [Re: motosurf] #1685460
02/15/11 04:21 PM
02/15/11 04:21 PM
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 324
N
NorthOC75 Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
NorthOC75  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
**
N

Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 324
Quote:

lol your clueless..go ahead and waste your fuel...99% chance your going to get skunked anyways......the funny part is you guys abbreviate names of spots smack dab in the middle of the shithole referred to as la/oc...id seriously rather shoot myself in the head than carry on your pitiful existence south of ventura

Quote:

I could understand other spots but Jalama=Trestles. Been that way forever. Sorry.



LMFAO @ "stay in LA because we're so much more core all F****ING 2+ hrs north of here bro!"









LOL @ trying to keep JALAMA A SECRET. You know how much of a kook that makes you sound? Did you start surfing when you saw Blue Crush, and now you,re a hardcore local yokel defending the NORTH(lol) from the southern man? If you only surf one 50 mile area your a kook anyway, so stfu crybaby. HHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU STUPID BITCH LOL

Re: Jalama Beach [Re: LAisntsobad] #1685461
02/15/11 05:19 PM
02/15/11 05:19 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 427
805
M
motosurf Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
motosurf  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
**
M

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 427
805
just make sure to take your Beverly Hills BMW license plate holders of your new grocery getter..its a dead giveaway...and FYI i surf whereever the fark i please myself..just dont post about it on the internet out of the 1000+ people that read this thread how many do u think had actually been there before??..i bet next weekend there will be twice as many kooks making the walk down the beach with their wetsuit and leash alreay on only to get bitchslapped on the paddle out..lol if you call that "chest pounding" then u must live a very sheltered existence..maybe u cant read but i never threatened you or anyone else..when its doh+ up there it regulates itself..like i said come on up, waste your gas...

hey jimmy u get to try that 7'1" out i sold u up there yet??..board works sick when the lefthanders are going square



Quote:

Quote:

lol your clueless..




Only thing hilarious here is your internet threats over JALAMA, some imaginary border you have "south of Conception" (sorry but to me if I can make a day trip out of it, it's well within striking distance), and most of all...

thinking that your internet chest pounding is going to keep me from surfing WHEREVER I WANT TO including your beloved more protected spots up there like I've been doing for 20+ years.


Have a nice day





Last edited by motosurf; 02/15/11 05:22 PM.
Re: Jalama Beach [Re: motosurf] #1685462
02/15/11 05:59 PM
02/15/11 05:59 PM
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,516
Rbeach
R
rowjimmytour Offline
Miki Dora status
rowjimmytour  Offline
Miki Dora status
**
R

Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,516
Rbeach
Quote:

just make sure to take your Beverly Hills BMW license plate holders of your new grocery getter..its a dead giveaway...and FYI i surf whereever the fark i please myself..just dont post about it on the internet out of the 1000+ people that read this thread how many do u think had actually been there before??..i bet next weekend there will be twice as many kooks making the walk down the beach with their wetsuit and leash alreay on only to get bitchslapped on the paddle out..lol if you call that "chest pounding" then u must live a very sheltered existence..maybe u cant read but i never threatened you or anyone else..when its doh+ up there it regulates itself..like i said come on up, waste your gas...

hey jimmy u get to try that 7'1" out i sold u up there yet??..board works sick when the lefthanders are going square



Quote:

Quote:

lol your clueless..




Only thing hilarious here is your internet threats over JALAMA, some imaginary border you have "south of Conception" (sorry but to me if I can make a day trip out of it, it's well within striking distance), and most of all...

thinking that your internet chest pounding is going to keep me from surfing WHEREVER I WANT TO including your beloved more protected spots up there like I've been doing for 20+ years.


Have a nice day








No such luck yet but like I said after last Winter who buys a board like that at the start of Spring and expects to use it in these parts. Board is waiting but I am planing a trip soon and hopefully score My wife and I due for a CR trip but In the mean time her sister has been a quiver killer for me


There's a time to shit and a time for God
The last shit I took was pretty fooking' odd!
Re: Jalama Beach [Re: motosurf] #1685463
02/15/11 06:11 PM
02/15/11 06:11 PM
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 9,300
L
LAisntsobad Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status
LAisntsobad  Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status
**
L

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 9,300
Quote:

U guys better stay in la. It's much safer there.




Sounds like internet chest pounding to me.

I just get a kick out of people like you who think that people from Socal (or wherever) have no experience surfing the coast above and beyond Socal (to the north and south). Many of us have been doing it forever and know how to get in/out without problems. Also making online assumptions about how clueless people are when you have no idea how long they've been surfing your area.

Direct your easily predictable and typical baaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwing to Azhiaaiaziaaiaaiaaaim (brobrahfest) or something.





SIMA:"Promoting participation in surfing, which will result in increased sales of members' products"
Re: Jalama Beach [Re: LAisntsobad] #1685464
02/15/11 06:21 PM
02/15/11 06:21 PM
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 324
N
NorthOC75 Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
NorthOC75  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
**
N

Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 324
Quote:

Quote:

U guys better stay in la. It's much safer there.




Sounds like internet chest pounding to me.

I just get a kick out of people like you who think that people from Socal (or wherever) have no experience surfing the coast above and beyond Socal (to the north and south). Many of us have been doing it forever and know how to get in/out without problems. Also making online assumptions about how clueless people are when you have no idea how long they've been surfing your area.

Direct your easily predictable and typical baaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwing to Azhiaaiaziaaiaaiaaaim (brobrahfest) or something.








What's even funnier is that most surfers i know stop acting territorial and obnoxious after they've been surfing for 20 years. Seem's to me the kooks that have been surfing for 5 years and finally know their ass from their elbow feel the need to start talking poop.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32