REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 ... 19 20 >
View All Topics Index
#1551728 - 11/15/10 06:27 PM Re: Kauai condo for vacation rent [Re: ]
Surfdog Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: Oceanside,CA
Aloha PPK. I really appreciate the pics and memorial added to my little post here. I'm not worthy, but, I hope it stays around forever.

I too wish I could've been around a bit longer for the paddleout and memorial. I was there the day he passed, and was on my way to the airport, back to my mainland "home" when word was first aired on KONG that Andy passed. I was driving just past Kilauea when I heard, and was in total shock. I almost had to stop my car, and try not to believe it was true. I wanted to stay and try to be there for what I KNEW was going to be a HUGE deal there on the north shore of Kauai and Hanalei.

Andy was looked up to and respected by so many on Kauai, most people elsewhere wouldn't even know. I've only caught occasional glimpses of him and Bruce at the Princeville Foodland a couple times, and wanted to say something to him/them, but didn't want to be a "haole kook" about it. I did get to surf with both Andy, Bruce, Sunny and Ben at Trestles a few years back during a hurricane swell, when they were warming up for the WCT pro contest that was eventually held on a following epic So-Hemi swell the next few days. It was well overhead the day we surfed, but a bit too peaky/shorter period for epic Trestles compared to a thumping lined up So-Hemi they had for the contest, but epic in it's own right. I'll always remember that day. Andy was getting his share and ripping them apart like it was little play waves. I have a story from back in the 70's at Malibu that's related to "Uncle Ben" Aipa (as I guess he's known by there for a while now, I suppose), Buttons, and Mark Liddell, but that's for another day.

As I mentioned in one of the early posts, Andy will always be remembered as the epitome of a surfer known to us mortals as a "charger". You look up the word in the dictionary, and his picture should be there. Grace under pressure, similar to Gerry Lopez in style and ease in incredibly terrifying conditions to most of us. He made surfing Big Pipeline, Teahupoo, Cloudbreak, Wiamea and others look too damn easy. I know he surfed the breaks on Kauai's north shore in truly hairball/scary size and conditions and ruled (along with Titus). That's the mark of a truly great surfer, making the hairball and difficult look way too easy.

He will be missed by so many. There's going to be a big hole in the pro and free surfing world that will be hard to fill for a long, long time.

Andy, surfing will be a bit less exciting without you here.
Aloha

#1551729 - 12/28/10 09:22 PM Re: Kauai condo for vacation rent [Re: Surfdog]
Surfdog Offline
Tom Curren status

2011 cottage/condo availability update:

Jan-Feb: booked solid.

March 1-18 open (though I may be there a few days during that period, will work around any potential bookings that period until further notice).

March 28 on is WIDE OPEN the rest of the year.

I likely have a return visitor around Dec/Jan/Feb 2011-2012, but not confirmed (yet). Book now for late-winter/early spring surf season. Or put a deposit in for next fall/winter. Spots will go.

Summer is beautiful in Hanalei also, with surf still possible (though short lived and smaller, not a bad thing) on the North Shore.

True bro-deals are available for stays of 1 week or more. Even short stays are un-beatable for a 2 bdrm duplex/cottage style place like mine. DARE TO COMPARE. Close to everything in Princeville/Hanalei.

I have a few 'erBB references available if interested.

Aloha.

#1551730 - 01/07/11 03:22 PM Re: Kauai condo for vacation rent [Re: Surfdog]
centrlcoastkook Offline
Billy Hamilton status

Just got back from a weeks stay at Surfdog's Condo. He isn't exaggerating. The place is great... excellent location...fully equipped...large...sweet kitchen and bathrooms...and he was really professional/friendly to work with.

Anybody that wants further details feel free to shoot me a PM.

And thanks again Surfdog! We had a great time.

-CCK

#1551731 - 02/01/11 06:26 PM Re: Kauai condo for vacation rent [Re: centrlcoastkook]
Surfdog Offline
Tom Curren status

Availability update for 2011:

February is booked solid. Only openings in March are 1-7 and 13-18.

April 5th and onward is wide open. Some interest later in the year, and some return visitors likely next fall and winter, but nothing confirmed yet.

Get your reservation/deposit in early to hold a date.

Unbeatable rates. Similar to some little studio/apartment style rates, but much more room to stretch out in. More like a cottage than a condo.

Sping and Summer in Hanalei is beautiful also. Not as hot as other parts of the island in Summer too.

#1551734 - 03/02/11 11:33 PM Re: Kauai condo for vacation rent [Re: ]
Surfdog Offline
Tom Curren status

Availability update.

For 2011:

April 5th onward to the end of the year is open, with some interest in late spring and late summer, but no confirms, yet.

For 2012:

Jan 11 thru Feb 23 is booked (as this time, very small possibility it may open up, but not likely).

Rates max out at under $100 a night for minimum 3 days, and go down from there per night for stays 7 days or more. Longer stays (over 14 days) are very discounted. Prime vacation and surf seasons will fill up. Reserve your spot in advance.

Warm waters, clean tropical air and island aloha awaits.

#1551735 - 04/16/11 01:09 PM Re: Kauai condo for vacation rent [Re: Surfdog]
Surfdog Offline
Tom Curren status

Availability update:

For 2011:

Open from now til May 21. Last minutes deals available.

Late May thru all of June is booked up.

July 1 thru 23 open. July 24-26 is booked. July 27 and on thru year end is open.

Waiting for return visitors confirms for summer/fall, nothing booked, yet.

For 2012:

Jan 11 thru Feb 23 is reserved. Last 3 weeks of April is reserved.

Summer sunset at Black Pot, Hanalei

Morning rainbow at Black Pot, Hanalei

PPKville in all it's glory

#1551736 - 04/20/11 02:10 PM Re: Kauai condo for vacation rent [Re: Surfdog]
Surfdog Offline
Tom Curren status

2011 Availability correction:

May 22-28 booked, June 13-22 booked.

So, Open now until May 21. Open May 28 thru June 12. Open June 23 thru July 23.

July 27 thru rest of year is open, pending some return visits.

Last minute spring/early summer deals still available.

2012 reserved dates above are still valid.

I may visit in early July, but will work around any interested dates then, until further notice.

Aloha

#1551737 - 04/21/11 04:37 PM Re: Kauai condo for vacation rent [Re: Surfdog]
Kento Offline
Duke status

Loc: The Bar
PM sent, Surfdog.

Russ Meyer

#1551738 - 04/25/11 09:15 PM Re: Kauai condo for vacation rent [Re: Kento]
Surfdog Offline
Tom Curren status

2011 and 2012 availability update:

April 30-May 5 is booked (Kento)

May 6-May 20 is open

May 21-May 27 is booked

May 28-June 12 is open

June 13-June 22 is booked

June 23-July 23 is open

July 24-July 26 is booked

July 27 til year end is still open, with some interest for return and new visitors in late summer/early fall (Sept/Oct), but not confirmed, yet.

I will probably visit in early July sometime for a few days, but dates not set, and will work around any interest then.

2012 availability update:

Jan 10-March 10 is reserved.

roughly last 3 weeks of April 2012 is reserved.

Fall and Winter 2011 will book up. Get in while the dates are still open.

PM me for details or leave message here.

Aloha

#1551739 - 05/08/11 10:27 PM Re: Kauai condo for vacation rent [Re: Surfdog]
Surfdog Offline
Tom Curren status

Slight edit to June 2011 availability:

Quote:

April 30-May 5 is booked (Kento)

May 6-May 20 is open

May 21-May 27 is booked

May 28-June 12 is open

June 13-June 26 is booked

June 27-July 23 is open

July 27 til year end is still open, with some interest for return and new visitors in late summer/early fall (Sept/Oct), but not confirmed, yet.

I will probably visit in early July sometime for a few days, but dates not set, and will work around any interest then.

Aloha

#1551740 - 06/14/11 11:05 AM Re: Kauai condo for vacation rent [Re: Surfdog]
Surfdog Offline
Tom Curren status

I know airfares to Kauai are high this summer, but reduced rates are starting to show up after mid-August into year end.

June 13-June 26 is booked

June 27-July 12 is open

July 13-July 19 is booked

July 27 til year end is still open, with some interest for return and new visitors in late summer/early fall (Sept/Oct/Nov), but not confirmed, yet.

Aloha

#1551741 - 07/24/11 02:58 PM Re: Kauai condo for vacation rent [Re: Surfdog]
Surfdog Offline
Tom Curren status

Yes, airfares to Kauai are still high this summer, but reduced rates are starting to show up after mid-August into year end.

July 27 til year end is still open, with some interest for return and new visitors in late summer/early fall (Sept/Oct/Nov), but not confirmed, yet.

Had a potential booking in mid-Oct., but cancelled.

Jan 9-March 7 is reserved.

Mid-March 2012 may be booked a few days, but will work around any interest between March 8-March 28.

March 29-April 27 2012 is reserved (start/end dates may change slightly).

May 19-May 28 is reserved.

PM me for details, send me a e-mail (check avatar) or leave message here.

Aloha

#1551742 - 07/26/11 09:48 PM Re: Kauai condo for vacation rent [Re: Steve_dude]
stevmartin Offline
Grom

Quote:

How much? What are the rates for your condo?

Steve

Wow that is beautiful.Now i am sure that i will go there on my next all inclusive holidays packages.That is marvelous place.

#1551743 - 08/06/11 09:58 PM Re: Kauai condo for vacation rent [Re: stevmartin]
cuBe1 Offline
Miki Dora status

Surf dog, If I happen to luck into a Kauai trip and rent your pad, will I get to meet PPK? That alone might incentive

#1551744 - 08/07/11 12:48 PM Re: Kauai condo for vacation rent [Re: cuBe1]
Surfdog Offline
Tom Curren status

Hey Cube. Yes, the likelyhood of meeting up with PPK down at Black Pot is very high. I have his cell # if needed, but that's only limited to select few, and only if you rent my place.

Since my post has reached 2 pages, I thought I'd update some interior pics, along with the rent schedule and availability.

living room with lights on

Dining area with new table

The old dining table in the first pic had seen better days (came with place), and seemed like it was built for menehunes, a good fews inches shorted than normal. So I sprung for a new table on my last short visit in July.

close up pic of the kitchen backsplash. I'm specially proud of the glass tile work done by the tile guy we had, who also did most all of the recent upgrade work (kitchen, baths, flooring) we did back in '09-'10.

He normally only does custom homes, and doesn't touch lowly condo upgrades, but it was very slow for him in the economic depths of early-mid 2009, and he was a friend of our RE agent, so we scored bigtime. Great guy, fair prices, but hard to get in touch with. He's always very busy with custom projects. By the way, the tile layout was my design, and he followed it to the "T".

Availble NOW til year end (Jan 7, 2012 latest). Some interest for return and new visitors in late summer/early fall (Sept/Oct/Nov), but no confirms, yet. Have interest in late Dec/early Jan, but also not confirmed. First deposit gets the dates confirmed.

Get confirms in soon for Fall/early Winter 2011.

Jan 9-March 7 is reserved.

Mid-March 2012 may be booked a few days, but will work around any interest between March 8-March 28.

March 29-April 27 2012 is reserved (start/end dates may change slightly).

May 19-May 28 is reserved.

PM me for details and a brochure I put together, or send me a e-mail (check "Surfdog" on avatar for addy), or leave message here.

Aloha

Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 ... 19 20 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32