REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
Page 243 of 245 < 1 2 ... 241 242 243 244 245 >
View All Topics Index
#2695370 - 10/08/17 09:06 PM Re: The COIL review thread [Re: Oceanslide]
hackeysaky Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: NJ
Good to note; I NEVER felt that my magic Springfish (which I out-grew/out-aged) had too much rocker and want to eventually get myself an up-sized version. I will be sure to specifically request the same outline and rocker that one had.

P.S.- I've been meaning to post about a 6'6" Mike shaped for me (basically the same board ovrevik posted a while back) that confidently carried me through some solid groundswell (particularly the early Irma swell) this season. I was really jazzed that while it holds in and comes off the bottom like a board that size, the rocker is perfect for surfing aggressively off the top and for mid-face snaps- best of both worlds, IMO.

#2695509 - 10/09/17 10:35 AM Re: The COIL review thread [Re: MrSteve]
MikeDaniel Offline
Grom

Steve, my apologies if the board isn't as you expected. But I'm at a loss to explain any big differences - I went off the records of the previous order.

I do some with a flatter rocker (per requests), but yours wasn't one of those. Outline should be very close - those templates haven't changed.

Add me to those that say you should give it a go before trying to sell.

#2695521 - 10/09/17 11:08 AM Re: The COIL review thread [Re: Oceanslide]
hackeysaky Offline
Miki Dora status

Steve- I greatly regret not buying your earlier springfish off you, so if you are going to be visiting your parents in my neighborhood and don't mind throwing the board in the car, let me know. If it piques my interest I'll see what cash I can scrape together (maybe I'll just tell my wife spending my own $ on it will be my early birthday present).

#2695672 - 10/09/17 03:44 PM Re: The COIL review thread [Re: hackeysaky]
J_D_J Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: The OC
Originally Posted By: hackeysaky
Steve- I greatly regret not buying your earlier springfish off you, so if you are going to be visiting your parents in my neighborhood and don't mind throwing the board in the car, let me know. If it piques my interest I'll see what cash I can scrape together (maybe I'll just tell my wife spending my own $ on it will be my early birthday present).

cheers

That board looks pretty damn sexy

#2695850 - 10/09/17 10:05 PM Re: The COIL review thread [Re: MikeDaniel]
ghostshaper Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: 1134
Originally Posted By: MikeDaniel

Add me to those that say you should give it a go before trying to sell.

roflmao

you mean actually surf it?

#2695851 - 10/09/17 10:13 PM Re: The COIL review thread [Re: Oceanslide]
J_D_J Offline
Michael Peterson status

Coil three pack on IG

More Coil pron.

Love the color work coming out of the factory right now.

#2695864 - 10/09/17 10:56 PM Re: The COIL review thread [Re: MrSteve]
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status

Loc: Palm Coast , Florida
This is great looking board :

Something may be learned from riding it - possibly your New Standard .

No one in Hawaii can or will do such a build . bowdown

#2698450 - 10/16/17 12:13 PM Re: The COIL review thread [Re: Greg Griffin]
hackeysaky Offline
Miki Dora status

Noticed a few shots of a guy riding an orange Coil in Satellite Beach on this page- might that be anyone on here?

http://www.gulfster.com/Daily/2017PictureGallery/satellite-beach-surf-101617/index.html

#2698473 - 10/16/17 12:53 PM Re: The COIL review thread [Re: fredman]
eriesrf1 Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Originally Posted By: fredman
Wish I could report, but it's been beyond flat since I got them with no end of flatness in sight. Will update when possible.

Any ride report update on that twin/trailer? Looks awesome

#2699566 - 10/18/17 07:31 PM Re: The COIL review thread [Re: eriesrf1]
fredman Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Originally Posted By: eriesrf1
Originally Posted By: fredman
Wish I could report, but it's been beyond flat since I got them with no end of flatness in sight. Will update when possible.

Any ride report update on that twin/trailer? Looks awesome

yeah, that board shreds.

I've liked it best in standard South Florida dumpy, bowl, wedgy, wind chop. Really likes a smaller but steeper face. Doesn't seem to love the mush, and it's not my first choice for long, clean lined up surf. Quicker than fast and snappy.

Basically, it goes exactly like it looks like it should go. Really good board. Mike killed it on the shape, and the construction is unreal. Standard stuff.

Thanks Mike and Kirk.

#2699569 - 10/18/17 07:55 PM Re: The COIL review thread [Re: hackeysaky]
surfercross Offline
Grom

Originally Posted By: hackeysaky
Noticed a few shots of a guy riding an orange Coil in Satellite Beach on this page- might that be anyone on here?

http://www.gulfster.com/Daily/2017PictureGallery/satellite-beach-surf-101617/index.html

My board looks exactly like that board except mine is a round tail. I have surfing on it a bunch lately.I had put the board away for awhile and decided to bring her back out. I installed some reactor fins in it and the board just lit up.

#2699572 - 10/18/17 08:10 PM Re: The COIL review thread [Re: Oceanslide]
JDHines Offline
Grom

Yes, Kirk shaped this one. Really no complaints. He foils them so well and hides the thickness. Wouldn't believe the dims if you held the board in person imo.

#2709513 - 11/09/17 10:50 AM Re: The COIL review thread [Re: Oceanslide]
volcomst0ne24 Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Loc: nj
what can you guys tell me about the Widerboard?

going to check out a 6'4 example this weekend.

thanks!

Edited by volcomst0ne24 (11/09/17 10:53 AM)

#2709651 - 11/09/17 02:07 PM Re: The COIL review thread [Re: Oceanslide]
J_D_J Offline
Michael Peterson status

Great HPSB. Name is misleading. Board is a Ferrari. Turns on in good surf.

#2709828 - 11/09/17 08:42 PM Re: The COIL review thread [Re: J_D_J]
Oceanslide Online   content
Rabbitt Bartholomew status

Loc: Oceanside, CA
Originally Posted By: J_D_J
Great HPSB. Name is misleading. Board is a Ferrari. Turns on in good surf.

While I agree the Widerboard is a 'slightly wider' hpsb and needs a decent wave to come alive,
I had issues with the rocker at Colorado's in Nica, which is a wave that pitches quickly and you can not
be lazy with your paddling. Depends on what you consider hpsb and the waves you surf.
Definitely a good design. Friend has one that's blaaaaaded and he loves it.

Page 243 of 245 < 1 2 ... 241 242 243 244 245 >