REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Just grabbed a new Sharp Eye 'Disco' [Re: frvcvs] #1521409
08/11/11 07:11 PM
08/11/11 07:11 PM
C
cuBe1 Offline OP
Miki Dora status
cuBe1  Offline OP
Miki Dora status
C

There is a post about this in the Design Forum. It's surf related so it also belongs in here

Maybe I should add some politics to make an official thread worthy of the main ERBB forum?

I do not support Californias Internet Tax, There it's officially worthy of this and the Design forum.

Boberto, it is a semi full nose. If I posted this side by side with my SB1 you could probably notice the slight difference.

The next board up in my quiver with a fuller nose and more on the fishy side of the shortboard/fish hybrids they offer would be the Blowfish.

That has a slightly fuller nose than the Disco but much more full nose than their Standard shorboard like the SB1.

The fullness is not only in the width of the nose but in the thickness, so it has deceiving paddle power. I like a thicker deck up front on the board so I have paddle power combined with performance in the tail like a standard shortboard.

The Disco provides the volume in the nose, aka me saying full nose, is provided both via the width/thickness combination.

Igotyourshere took it for a ride or two and he's pushing 215lbs as well.

The nose on a 5'10 absolutely has to be full for us weight challenged surfers to be able to catch waist to chest high mushburgers like we were riding.

It's not a full nose on the fish side, but more in the shortboard side. The thing is a beach break barrel riding machine with the paddle of a fat boy board

Re: Just grabbed a new Sharp Eye 'Disco' [Re: 000] #1521410
08/11/11 08:40 PM
08/11/11 08:40 PM
The OC Life
H
Havoc Offline
Tom Curren status
Havoc  Offline
Tom Curren status
H

The OC Life
Quote:

marcia shapes a great board. once had a magic board from him i stuck together from 2 halves

"motions of rippage is initated by the hind leg"-Northern_Shores
"Lemme know. I got endson gas"-20W
Re: Just grabbed a new Sharp Eye 'Disco' [Re: cuBe1] #1521411
08/11/11 09:34 PM
08/11/11 09:34 PM
I
IBG Offline
Miki Dora status
IBG  Offline
Miki Dora status
I

My reg grovel board is 6'0. 19.5, 2.5.

Makes waist to chest fun again.

Gets interesting when its overhead and dredging. gotta adjust to the speed.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32