REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#1371391 - 03/03/09 03:55 PM Anybody Ridden a Santa Cruz G-Deck?
0nelove Offline
Grom

Saw a few of these at the local shop, and was wondering about them. They look like they're epoxy- can't tell if they're pop-out or not? Anyhow, really interesting shape...

#1371392 - 03/03/09 05:07 PM Re: Anybody Ridden a Santa Cruz G-Deck? [Re: 0nelove]
rocferd Offline
Nep status

Loc: Skyline, blood!!
They are indeed epoxy and pop-outs.

#1371393 - 03/03/09 07:57 PM Re: Anybody Ridden a Santa Cruz G-Deck? [Re: rocferd]
0nelove Offline
Grom

ahh drag. Cool shape anyhow.

#1371394 - 03/04/09 04:48 AM Re: Anybody Ridden a Santa Cruz G-Deck? [Re: 0nelove]
rdj Offline
Nep status

Loc: Monmouth Co., NJ
Rented one in Costa Rica. I liked the design. I think it was a 5'5" Skywalker. It seemed to work well holding just enough volume to keep me afloat at 170lbs on such a short board, but keeping the rails and nose thin for performance. I'm just out of the recommended weight range for the 5'5" and could have used a 5'7" maybe. The board would bog a bit when up, but I could feel that the rails were nice and knifey on turns more than a fish without that design could be. I can live with a pop-out rental, but would never buy one. I wonder if the same could be done in handshaped poly or epoxy.

#1371395 - 03/04/09 11:00 PM Re: Anybody Ridden a Santa Cruz G-Deck? [Re: rdj]
sunsetcliffsoldier Offline
Grom

WHAT ABOUT THE OZZIE WRIGHT MODEL?? DONT LIKE SURFTECHS BUT BOTH THESE BOARDS LOOK FUN....WONDER IF THE DESIGNER (CHRIS GALLAGHER) SHAPES THEM IN POLY??

#1371396 - 03/04/09 11:39 PM Re: Anybody Ridden a Santa Cruz G-Deck? [Re: sunsetcliffsoldier]
rocferd Offline
Nep status

Loc: Skyline, blood!!
Quote:

WHAT ABOUT THE OZZIE WRIGHT MODEL?? DONT LIKE SURFTECHS BUT BOTH THESE BOARDS LOOK FUN....WONDER IF THE DESIGNER (CHRIS GALLAGHER) SHAPES THEM IN POLY??

I have seen Santa Cruz team riders on handshapes w/ Santa Cruz logos on their boards, so it's likely that they're available. However, it's probably only on a custom basis, as I doubt any shops carry any non-sandwich construction Santa Cruz boards. They probably would be made under the shaper's own label, as well.

#1371397 - 03/05/09 05:49 PM Re: Anybody Ridden a Santa Cruz G-Deck? [Re: rocferd]
buenas_olas Offline
Grom

Loc: Carpenteria
Yes step decks can be handshaped. Its alot of extra work. I have had a few run thru my quiver, currently have a sweet 5'3 that sends HUGE plumes of spray.